• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

grievous

Tom Lawton (22)
I mean, really, do Wallaby fans actually think "this is the year we get the Bledisloe back"??
I'm going with a hard "no".
I saw that article and passed, I mean how many times have Wallaby fans gone down this road, lead by players, coaches and shamelessly ...journos.
Cully has sullied himself in funk.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I saw that article and passed, I mean how many times have Wallaby fans gone down this road, lead by players, coaches and shamelessly ...journos.
Cully has sullied himself in funk.
I would argue its almost always the Journos. Pretty sure the players and coaches know what's up.

Alex Sharpe

Sydney Middleton (9)
JS picked up a pretty serious looking shoulder injury for the roosters this arvo. Spring Tour may not eventuate after all

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Hmm.

... Last December, Rugby Australia announced that Nucifora would be joining their organisation in an advisory role — a move that made even more sense given that his former associate Schmidt had become Australia coach. But it would appear it is possible to act as adviser to two unions at once and in a recent post on LinkedIn, Nucifora wrote of his desire “to seek to work globally on independent high performance advisory projects as they come to light”.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hmm.

... Last December, Rugby Australia announced that Nucifora would be joining their organisation in an advisory role — a move that made even more sense given that his former associate Schmidt had become Australia coach. But it would appear it is possible to act as adviser to two unions at once and in a recent post on LinkedIn, Nucifora wrote of his desire “to seek to work globally on independent high performance advisory projects as they come to light”.
Nucifora could have been a really important part of the puzzle in reviving Oz rugby. However, if they still do not want to listen to what he has to say, as before he went to Ireland, well……..it will likely continue on the same way.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Nucifora could have been a really important part of the puzzle in reviving Oz rugby. However, if they still do not want to listen to what he has to say, as before he went to Ireland, well……..it will likely continue on the same way.
The Tahs are now centralised under the Nucifora model. Brumbies are on the way.

There was a bit of state-based collateral damage to RA along the way

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Tate has the latest on Schmidt's game plan - via the Roar

“It’s obviously different, the way we want to attack. It’s also very different to the way that I’m used to at the Reds,” McDermott said.

“We play a very expansive game and Joe’s plan for us is pretty narrow.

“When we’re narrow, that’s the width we want to attack, so it’s very direct and a skilful game plan at the line.

“But our adjustment period is probably not quite where we need it to be in regards to how we play as Super Rugby teams and how we want to play here, because it’s very different to how every Super Rugby team plays.

“I think that’s what we’re seeing at the moment, we’re slow to react a little bit at the moment and it’s hurting us in key moments. But there’s a definite plan in place and the boys are trying really hard to nail that plan. But we’ve got a little bit of work to do on how it looks and how we can make it look in a game.”

“I think a lot of our energy is being zapped out of our attack,” McDermott said.

“We’re struggling to hold the ball for multi phase and cut teams apart with our attack, particularly in phase play.

“We’ve put a little bit of time and effort into our attack for the past couple of weeks to try to make sure that we’re not just giving teams the ball because we’re kicking the ball away quite a bit because our attack isn’t doing exactly what we’ve said we’re going to do.

“We can try to regain a little bit more energy by investing a little bit more time in our attack, particularly at the breakdown, where we’ve been losing a lot of ball there and had quite a few skill errors.

“It was tough conditions in Perth, but we can look after the ball a little bit more rather than resort to kicking it away, I think that’ll go a long way into our attack as well as our energy.”

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
JS picked up a pretty serious looking shoulder injury for the roosters this arvo. Spring Tour may not eventuate after all
There goes our dough!

He's fine. They said if needed he could have come back in the same game if needed but were up by 20 when he was deemed as ok..

Resting him it seems with enough depth in their backline. Would have played this week if a must win.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I guess it’s tough to judge his performance just yet but Nucifora has a decent track record with this sort of thing. The future of rugby in Australia depends on it going the right way. Hope Horne is up to it.

I don’t know if anyone has a better resume than Horne…

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I guess it’s tough to judge his performance just yet but Nucifora has a decent track record with this sort of thing. The future of rugby in Australia depends on it going the right way. Hope Horne is up to it.
Nucifora would be ideal if we could get the states to vote themselves out of existence, and then Nucifora could roll out his centralised model.

It's not where we are. As per usual it's a bit of a muddled compromise at the moment. We need someone who can deal with that and make the best of it

As above, Horne has one of the best CVs going around