• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
For all the criticism of Lolesio, I think it's worth remembering that his record over the last year sits at 19 wins and 5 losses (and yes it's a team sport. He had very limited minutes in some of those matches etc etc) across tests, Super Rugby and in France.

His pro career win rate is approaching 65%

He clearly can play the position well enough that it doesn't get in the way of his team winning.

I don’t buy into winning percentages.

I’ve always viewed Noah as a game manager/passanger on great brumbies teams and nothing too special (give me Debreczeni any day)

it’s also worth noting that Lolesio and Rennie played/coached a lot of “home” games in the Covid era that may have skewed the winning percentage argument.

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It has no value to the 10 argument when we all know that contrary to the 2020 U20's squad, after which many thought our 10 problems would soon be over, here we are without a clear option that can drive a wallaby team.
If we have strong forwards and good backs the 10 can just catch, kick and pass and that might be OK. It won't get us into the top 5 but OK is ok with me atm.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It has no value to the 10 argument when we all know that contrary to the 2020 U20's squad, after which many thought our 10 problems would soon be over, here we are without a clear option that can drive a wallaby team.
If we have strong forwards and good backs the 10 can just catch, kick and pass and that might be OK. It won't get us into the top 5 but OK is ok with me atm.
Wasnt the 10 for that team Harrison? His knee exploded.

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
He had reached that point last year though that he was also our best LHP at scrum time.

Early in his Super Rugby and test career that was absolutely true. Scrummaging was a shortfall.
I think you need to remove the patch mate. Bell had a mediocre season before getting injured. He is not the best LHP, it probably hurts you that Kaelia is a better player, hey I don't know. Call it for what it is.

We have had no time together as a team, Schmidt has left this too late. Boks by 24, and I hate to admit that.

Maulalltheway

Tom Lawton (22)
I think you need to remove the patch mate. Bell had a mediocre season before getting injured. He is not the best LHP, it probably hurts you that Kaelia is a better player, hey I don't know. Call it for what it is.

We have had no time together as a team, Schmidt has left this too late. Boks by 24, and I hate to admit that.
im now here for the replies... #triggered

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

This is getting bizarre.

You're using Super Rugby form across 6 and a bit games playing for a terrible team over play for the Wallabies that had him voted by his peers as the second best player in the team and best player by the voters on this forum last year.

Again, Kailea is in the squad and I fully expect him to play against the Springboks.

Linerunner2023

Darby Loudon (17)
For a bloke who has had shit all game time I at a loss why anyone in the Forum will consider him our best LHP.

It simply baffles me, is it just a Tahs thing I don't know, but give credit where it is due. On current for our best LHP is Kailea, hands down, followed by a broken Slipper who's there WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) for stats. Hodgman did not get enough minutes but he is better than Bell.

I was a shit half back but I appreciate good forward play and Bell doesn't give us what we need right now.
Bell doesn’t give us what we need as he hasn’t been playing! But when fit he scrummagers better they any and gets around the field like an extra back rower
He has potential to be the best LHP in the world
Only reason Hodgman got a shot was cause bell wasn’t avaialable
He came back for tahs this year and was bullying other players around until he got injured and seems fit enough to be able to be back in the paddock

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
Bell doesn’t give us what we need as he hasn’t been playing! But when fit he scrummagers better they any and gets around the field like an extra back rower
He came back for tahs this year and was bullying other players around until he got injured and seems fit enough to be able to be back in the paddock
Maybe bullying you in your hometown but that's about it. Kailea to start, Slipper to come off the bench in the last 15.
Kailea and Tupou is our best propping combo regardless of the opposition. I've got nothing against the woodenspooners but I do get a little sick and tired of the fanboying.

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He'll play if he is good enough in training for the game, I suspect he will start in the Perth game but who knows?
Best LHP in Australia when fit. Any chance of steel-capped boots? I suspect the opposition will be stepping on his toes.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Not possessing all of the core skills in his position, as you acknowledged he required improvement on, did make him somewhat limited... yes.
Being pedantic, Slim, then yes. But we'd all have to admit that our current No 10 options are all limited in that they all have elements in their games that need improvement. But, as a definite Carter Gordon fan, I will also admit that his goal kicking left a lot to be desired.

For all of us, I think it serves no purpose to be trying to argue who was the best or most promising No 10 of those available last Super season. We probably should be just hoping Joe can get the best out of what he has to work with and letting him get on with the job. This last comment is not necessarily directly aimed at you or your comments, but more generally at everyone continuing to rake over the coals of Carter Gordon's exit.

Last edited: