• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Its kind of crazy that we are awash in a sea of 6 talent and most of it is already unavailable. Guys like Swinton, Hanigan, Kemeny and Holloway all gone (probably forgetting some). I think in the context of all our 6 talent Wright might be a controversial call but against just Hooper and Cale (mabye Leota if he's fit?) it's almost expected he start.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
he doesn't even deserve to be in the side, make sure you get to the Lions games next yr because they will never be back. If someone this bad is the captain the wallabies will be a tier 2 side by the 2031 rwc

puMFKjp.gif

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
Its kind of crazy that we are awash in a sea of 6 talent and most of it is already unavailable. Guys like Swinton, Hanigan, Kemeny and Holloway all gone (probably forgetting some). I think in the context of all our 6 talent Wright might be a controversial call but against just Hooper and Cale (mabye Leota if he's fit?) it's almost expected he start.
Give me Wright over all these names mentioned

Agent

Darby Loudon (17)
How many tests has Wright played? I doubt it is 5 but could be wrong. I would have thought a more experienced test player would have been a better option, e.g. AAA. Not taking anything away from Wright as a footy player but it does seem a strange call to me to throw a "Test rookie" in as captain even if he does have Super captaincy experience.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How many tests has Wright played? I doubt it is 5 but could be wrong. I would have thought a more experienced test player would have been a better option, e.g. AAA. Not taking anything away from Wright as a footy player but it does seem a strange call to me to throw a "Test rookie" in as captain even if he does have Super captaincy experience.

f69bc28d3b59a1035625dd72568caacc

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Also can someone more smarter than me explain why Cale has seemingly jumped Wilson in the pecking order. I thought Wilson was the pick of the Reds backrow this season.
Even though Wilson is in my 3 favourite players and as a Reds fan I would have Cale at 8 he deserves it.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cale is definitely going to get his shot but some of these comments about Wright not being up to it are a little hysteric.

He’s had a great season, never had a bad season actually, never been bad for the Wallabies, and gives us what we need most in the current backrow stocks - lineout.

Furthermore he’s versatile. When McReight was suspended this year Liam slotted into 7 seamlessly and overnight became a jackal.

If he is captain, well he’s been doing that well for years now and is likely to be playing 80. Honestly it’s odd the negativity from some posters.
I think by the time we play the Lions is will be Wright 6, McReight 7 and Cale 8

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Between the huge support positions and the hilariously disparaging, we should remember it is a one game appointment. Happy to see Schmidt work his way through the team, step by step.

As a Reds fan, I wish Wright all the best and support him driving the game so strongly that Schmidt wants to extend the appointment for the next. Game.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Between the huge support positions and the hilariously disparaging, we should remember it is a one game appointment. Happy to see Schmidt work his way through the team, step by step.

As a Reds fan, I wish Wright all the best and support him driving the game so strongly that Schmidt wants to extend the appointment for the next. Game.
I'm here for 1 game Wallaby captains, slot the next player-in straight in to the skipper role each week. We could probably get through the next 20+ tests this way if Schmidt handles injury and replacements the way his predecessors did.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
England also had a controversial try awarded, with what would these days be usually picked up by the TMO as obstruction...

But the Wobs overall looked pretty sharp on that tour.