• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

LevitatingSocks

Larry Dwyer (12)
It's probably confirmation/recency bias, but it feels like achilles ruptures have become a lot more common over the last few years than they used to be
He's 35 and came back into the demands professional rugby relatively recently. A lot of the time ruptures are associated with load increases. Could be a variety of things though or just bad luck on a background of risk factors.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
He's 35 and came back into the demands professional rugby relatively recently. A lot of the time ruptures are associated with load increases. Could be a variety of things though or just bad luck on a background of risk factors.
For Beale yes, but there's been a wave of Achilles injuries recently for players outside of Beales age-bracket

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Will be interesting to see if KB (Kurtley Beale) fits the profile here. It wouldn't be surprising

Risk factors....
* Age - yes
* heavy loading - yes, been in Wallaby camp after a long layoff, game was on the artificial turn at Easts
* previous injury - ?

Does KB (Kurtley Beale) have a recent lower leg injury?

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Strewth, I am not convinced by that report, the SMH article stated nothing about comparisons to any other country for data or feedback. I always assumed we were getting more of these than normal. I pulled mine but didn't break it but it bloody hurt and I was only reffing at the time.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
The Sports medicine physician who undertook the review, Dr Martin Raftery, has been the Chief Medical Officer for World Rugby for over a decade.

At some point you just have to trust that these sort of people actually do know what they are doing

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Walton confirmed, Feliuai has left the squad for personal reasons:
1719800964237.jpeg

No mention of Ikitau, Smith or Wilson though.

The Whisperer

Bill Watson (15)
My team for this weekend:

1. James Slipper
2. Matt Faessler
3. Alan Ala'alatoa
4. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto
5. Tom Hooper
6. Charlie Cale
7. Fraser McReight
8. Rob Valetini
9. Tate McDermott
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Andrew Kellaway
12. Hunter Paisami
13. Filipo Daugunu
14. Tom Wright
15. Ben Donaldson
RESERVES
16. Billy Pollard
17. Alex Hodgman (Is he eligible straight away?)
18. Taniela Tupou
19. Nick Frost
20. Liam Wright/Langi Gleeson
21. Nic White
22. Tom Lynagh
23. Dylan Pietsch

LevitatingSocks

Larry Dwyer (12)
Will be interesting to see if KB (Kurtley Beale) (Kurtley Beale) fits the profile here. It wouldn't be surprising

Risk factors....
* Age - yes
* heavy loading - yes, been in Wallaby camp after a long layoff, game was on the artificial turn at Easts
* previous injury - ?

Does KB (Kurtley Beale) (Kurtley Beale) have a recent lower leg injury?
Honestly in a dream world where RA has unlimited money for infrastructure upgrades, I'd never let a single Wallaby or SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) contracted player touch artificial turf. Especially given that most are using their regular boots with FG moulded studs on it.