• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

DropGoal

Ward Prentice (10)
Not the saviours but definitely a few blokes that could add a little spine. Right now Skelton, Koreibete, The Arnolds(although they might be past it) and maybe Scotty Sio due to lack of props.
There are no “saviours” but with Super Rugby collapsing on itself slowly but surely, soon we will have a model like SA and pick OS players at will. NZ are considering the same. It is the future of the game when players will chase big dollars in Europe and Japan but return home to represent.
Exactly

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Well for starters, Both didn’t pick the best squad possible due to personal Philosophy
So who would you have in there that is available right now who is clearly better than who was picked?

Guys keep saying people like Skelton, Sio, the Arnolds, Koroibete, Kerevi etc but, as far as I understand, none of them were available for selection.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Curious how many wallabies in Joe Schmidt squad played club rugby on the weekend?

i did see Salakaia-Loto lined up for GPS off the bench. (Coming back from a injury)

the reason I ask is I note what’s happening across the ditch. Players like Beauden Barrett & Ardie Savea (both healthy) have both played club rugby recently and those 2 guys will be pivotal in the all blacks squad.

Schmidt is going to face the same problem Eddie did and Rennie before him and that’s having a wallabies squad who haven’t play enough rugby thru out the year. What exactly are we resting players for? Wales?!?! LOL

No NRC, wallabies squad wrapped in cotton wool… if we want to replicate what the ABs do and start winning we need provide more rugby for our players. Not limit them to the sideline.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Curious how many wallabies in Joe Schmidt squad played club rugby on the weekend?

i did see Salakaia-Loto lined up for GPS off the bench. (Coming back from a injury)

the reason I ask is I note what’s happening across the ditch. Players like Beauden Barrett & Ardie Savea (both healthy) have both played club rugby recently and those 2 guys will be pivotal in the all blacks squad.

Schmidt is going to face the same problem Eddie did and Rennie before him and that’s having a wallabies squad who haven’t play enough rugby thru out the year. What exactly are we resting players for? Wales?!?! LOL

No NRC, wallabies squad wrapped in cotton wool… if we want to replicate what the ABs do and start winning we need provide more rugby for our players. Not limit them to the sideline.
100 percent, if you fit, get out and play, I'd want to any rugby is good rugby.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not the saviours but definitely a few blokes that could add a little spine. Right now Skelton, Koreibete, The Arnolds(although they might be past it) and maybe Scotty Sio due to lack of props.
There are no “saviours” but with Super Rugby collapsing on itself slowly but surely, soon we will have a model like SA and pick OS players at will. NZ are considering the same. It is the future of the game when players will chase big dollars in Europe and Japan but return home to represent.
Agree, but I suspect for this to be successful then world rugby must be involved and make a decision. ATM we have an ad hoc situation with some countries pulling their best SA and ARG and some still trying to keep their talent in the country.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)

Very True SX, also it puts some more money into grassroots rugby which is going OK with reasonable support but most are still running on a pittance.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree. Looking at our locking options locally there is not a lot of experience. I would take a few of them ahead of the Arnolds for sure.
Richie is looking decent over there this year.
It's like most players, if the team is going OK then you need to go OK as well. Thus a team gets stronger.
Over the last 5 years we have had 5-8 of our Wallabies going well and the rest are average. The problem is every test it's a different 5-8. The guys can do it Wallabies v NZ 47-26 in Perth 2019 proved that but they struggle to lift and last a match.

Filipo Daugunu

Peter Burge (5)
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 8.52.16 am.png

Australia $1.12 favourites???

• Wow
Reactions: dru

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Right now we are quite weak in the front row, and as with most UK and European teams, I expect that Wales will be strong in that area. If we lose the forwards battle then the backs will have a hard time scoring the necessaries to win a game. We will not be helped there with some less than test ready players in the outside backs and Bernard Foley Mk II (Noah) in 10.

On top of that, two weeks is hardly time to bed in a new game plan, no matter how good it is. I can easily see us losing the first test, but hopefully will see signs of development and improvement in the following tests.
Wales is the weakeast 6 Nations side currently so is the best rival to start a new Era. It's not unbeateable but not too weak.

Let's see what the scrum doctor does, maybe he sees something in the forwards picked than we don't see

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
England have pretty similar odds for a win in NZ too right?

Wales have won once in Australia, in 1969, and are currently in as big a mess as we are.

I don't think implied odds of 90% chance of an Australian win are that out of line

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wales is the weakeast 6 Nations side currently so is the best rival to start a new Era. It's not unbeateable but not too weak.

Let's see what the scrum doctor does, maybe he sees something in the forwards picked than we don't see
I think he is going to be the key. This bloke is the best scrum coach on the planet. I think Tupou, Kailea and any other youngish props in the squad this year will take huge steps forward in technique, as will our scrum in general.