• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I dislike the Tahs as much as the next person. However, comments like this are disingenuous... it's a team sport, and writing off individuals because the team performs poorly is a failure to acknowledge that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts & recognise individual skill
Or lesser, in the case of the Tahs...

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Not sure if anyone has done this but the franchise breakdown is interesting:
Reds - 13
Brumbies - 9
Rebels - 8
Force - 5
Waratahs - 3

From an origin perspective:
Qld - 17*
NSW - 16
Vic - 3
NZ - 2

*I gave Harry Wilson to Qld

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I dislike the Tahs as much as the next person. However, comments like this are disingenuous... it's a team sport, and writing off individuals because the team performs poorly is a failure to acknowledge that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts & recognise individual skill
Also I said that few of this Tahs team deserve a call.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Joey Walton?
Perese played 8 games as starter this season and in 4 he was on the bench

Round 1 Outside centre
Round 3 Outside centre
Round 4 Outside centre
Round 5 Outside centre
Round 6 Outside centre
Round 8 Outside centre
Round 11 Outside centre
Round 14 Right wing

On the bench:

Round 7
Round 10
Round 13
Round 15

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Perese played 8 games as starter this season and in 4 he was on the bench

Round 1 Outside centre
Round 3 Outside centre
Round 4 Outside centre
Round 5 Outside centre
Round 6 Outside centre
Round 8 Outside centre
Round 11 Outside centre
Round 14 Right wing

On the bench:

Round 7
Round 10
Round 13
Round 15

Great, so Perese didn't start at outside centre for half of the Waratahs games this year?

And taking into account what Adam already said... your argument is sound.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Yeah I wasn't the biggest Swain fan but I think he has come along in the second half of the season this year.

He has removed the poor choices from his game (noting he still got a yellow recently)

I'm really surprised he isn't there
His last year wasn't great but this year been massive since knocking Frost to the bench, bet his wishing he went overseas now instead of Perth..shocked

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Angus Blyth.... Sorry but just no. He's definitely shown preference for staying local.

Brumbies fans dirty about no Lonergan at 9? Don't really think he has the next gear compared to the others IMO.

Am glad to see Pollard. He was starting to show some of the physicality he has in him
Not dirty on Lonergan, I would have picked him above Gordan but I'm bias but Tate, White Jack are all quality

griffins

Watty Friend (18)
Angus Blyth.... Sorry but just no. He's definitely shown preference for staying local.

Brumbies fans dirty about no Lonergan at 9? Don't really think he has the next gear compared to the others IMO.

Am glad to see Pollard. He was starting to show some of the physicality he has in him
Yep dirty about Lonergan but understand it ss his form only came good in the last 4 or so games. Not sure if he had a niggle prior to that as he had been very consistent previously. I sort of understand what you're saying re next gear but his core skills are probably the best of the lot (with White the other one to stand out but I think he's had his time).

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So every player that doesn’t make the squad should just go overseas?
No but when your skipped over for Angus Blyth and you put play others in the squad like he did Frost... Seems pretty clear his surplus for whatever reason... That reason doesn't seem to be playing talent or form.. so probably more likely something he can't change..e.g. Joe doesn't like his character

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
I really don't understand Blythe over Canham unless he is also leaving.

Would have liked to have seen Kuenzle get a crack. We will certainly need some overseas players in for TRC to bolster this squad (BPA, Skelton, Marika at a minimum)