• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
The other one had Bell, Skelton, Porecki, Uelese, Leota, Kerevi, Petaia, Perese, Koroibete, Nawaqanitawase.
Bell is in this team too
Porecki is a weak hooker and I'm a Waratahs supporter
The 2023 Kerevi was his worst version
Petaia is the crystal boy
Perese couldn't make the Brisbane Broncos squad
And Nawaqanitawase did nothing this season for Waratahs.
The 2023 RWC squad was a weak team. The 2014 Waratahs or 2011 Reds would smash them

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
The Roar reporting Uelese is moving to Montpellier

So that's
- Gordon
- Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase)
- Perese
- Hanigan
- Swinton
- Holloway
- Uelese
- Petaia (maybe)
- Rodda
- Mafi
- Kemeney
- Harrison

All going abroad/other code
We could look at this as an opportunity for other players to step up.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Beale selection blows my mind. Has never really been pitched as a great 'glue guy' as a teammate and didn't really light the world on fire in his appearances this year.

You'd have to think he's very long odds to be involved in internationals past this year so why bring him in.

I guess in Schmidt we trust, he knows better than us.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Beale selection blows my mind. Has never really been pitched as a great 'glue guy' as a teammate and didn't really light the world on fire in his appearances this year.

Really?

He's generally been raved about as a squad member by his teammates (despite his past behavioural failings) and his addition to the Force this year was regularly cited as a positive influence by his teammates for the experience he added.

His decent form this year combined with Schmidt's statements about the value of experience and players coaching each other and the otherwise lack of experience we have made it seem very likely he'd be in the squad.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Bell is in this team too
The 2023 RWC squad was a weak team. The 2014 Waratahs or 2011 Reds would smash them
What’s this absolute head in the sand nonsense?
Bell is not in the team, he’s injured.
Kerevi on one leg is better than Feliuai. As is Perese as is Petaia.

it’s okay to admit it. I don’t know why this squad would be stronger, it only domestic and our domestic pool has shrunken. It would be odd if it were stronger.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
What’s this absolute head in the sand nonsense?
Bell is not in the team, he’s injured.
Kerevi on one leg is better than Feliuai. As is Perese as is Petaia.

it’s okay to admit it. I don’t know why this squad would be stronger, it only domestic and our domestic pool has shrunken. It would be odd if it were stronger.
Bell is in the squad and he's gonna play when he's is fit. Feliuai is the 5th or 6th option so is like compare Stephen Larkham against Tom Lynagh. Definitely is a develop player. It's like saying: "The nail of Greg Inglis is bette than Kerevi".

All the stuff with Rebels brings you a lot of negativity and you curse everything you see

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Bell is in this team too

Perese had in fact made the Broncos senior squad and made his NRL debut in the first season in the game, his numbers through the Q-Cup were through the roof as well, had the criminal charges not been brought about he was destined to play a lot of NRL. None of this is relevant though..

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Squad seems uncontroversial to me but god damn:

David Feliuai (uncapped, Sunnybank Dragons)

That sucks major dicks.

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
This is grim.

Bloke constantly shows that he is a bad influence and constantly gets brought into the squad.

Don't understand Nasser, I didn't think he did enough this year? Same with Blyth, he struggled to even make the match day 23.

Bloody harsh on Swain and Uru to not be picked.
Yeah I'd give young Ryan a squad call up or Jock a run over Beale any day of the week.

Really perplexing decision that one....

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
1. Slipper
2. Feasslar
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Salakai-Loto
5. Frost
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Cale
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Lancaster
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Pollard
17. Hodgman
18. Tupou
19. Williams
20. Hooper
21. McDermott
22. Donaldson
23. Daungunu
So the dirt trackers for Georgia line-up as (*I know it wont work out like this)

1. Kalea
2. Nesser
3. Nongorr
4. Smith
5. Blyth
6. Gleeson
7. Wright
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Lynagh
11. Pietsch
12. Stewart
13. Feliuai
14. Flook
15. Beale

That's a lot of Reds! Going to be an interesting team that they are able to run out against Wales

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
What’s this got to do with RU selection?

one minute your banging on about RL participation numbers and being a superior game - next minute your brushing off a RU talent like Perese and using RL as a benchmark
Perese was the starter inside centre in a Waratahs side who won the wooden spoon. Is that enough for you?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
He's generally been raved about as a squad member by his teammates (despite his past behavioural failings) and his addition to the Force this year was regularly sighted as a positive influence by his teammates for the experience he added.
One of my closest friends was a complete degenerate for the first few years after we finished school. Had huge problems with grog and drank so much that his Liver was close to failing all before our 23rd birthday.

He hit rock bottom through a relationship ending and ever since then, his life has been night and day. To the point where he's reached huge heights in the APS system and has gotten one of their "medals".

During those dark days, I still enjoyed him as a person and spending time with him. But those feelings didn't make him less of a degenerate.

It's the same with Beale. Might be a fun bloke to have next to you, but as a man, husband and person, he is so far from being a senior member of a squad that the young guys should be looking to up to.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Perese had in fact made the Broncos senior squad and made his NRL debut in the first season in the game, his numbers through the Q-Cup were through the roof as well, had the criminal charges not been brought about he was destined to play a lot of NRL. None of this is relevant though..
And then he won the wooden spoon with the Tahs. God bless Perese

Few Tahs players deserve the call this year and I'm a Tahs supporter

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think it's pertinent to compare the likely starting 23 with that of the RWC if you want to compare squads. The other 15 players in the squad are there so he can have a look at them and work out what gaps he needs to fill from offshore/injured players between now and the Lions tour

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
With the way world cup cycles occur now I don't think it's that fair to compare a rwc squad with the first squad in a world cup cycle.

What makes more sense would be comparing last year's rwc squad with the 2027 rwc squad

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Perese was the starter inside centre in a Waratahs side who won the wooden spoon. Is that enough for you?
And then he won the wooden spoon with the Tahs. God bless Perese

I dislike the Tahs as much as the next person. However, comments like this are disingenuous... it's a team sport, and writing off individuals because the team performs poorly is a failure to acknowledge that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts & recognise individual skill