• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Would be good if it was officially released through the wallabies socials etc. so fans don't have to go fishing for it from the SMH rugby articles

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Tahs and Force were just unofficial training groups who didn't even get together.

Will they bother to "leak" Reds and Rebels if the squad is announced in a couple of weeks anyway?

Reds will all be training for the Wales game anyway

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs and Force were just unofficial training groups who didn't even get together.

Will they bother to "leak" Reds and Rebels if the squad is announced in a couple of weeks anyway?

Reds will all be training for the Wales game anyway
And the rebels group largely focused on there next moves you'd think. I think that is probably more likely to be the focus of the news cycle over the next week or two.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Reds v Wales is 6 weeks away.

I'd imagine most guys will have a weekend off and then get back into club rugby if they aren't in the Wallabies squad.

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
Even though this says lunch on the website - I've confirmed it is a dinner at the MCG

10 July: Wallabies v Wales preview dinner with special guests, Wallabies coach Joe Schmidt & Wales coach Warren Gatland.

Raytah

Chris McKivat (8)
The roar reporting that LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will be fit for the July tests

Big boost. Reds game on the weekend highlighted the importance of gainline winning locks in the higher intensity matches. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is one of not many we have to choose from. Will be essential until Skelton is back available.

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
It'll make lock an interesting case, of those who are in contention we have:

- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
- Smith
- Uru
- Frost
- Swain
- Hooper
- Rodda
- Canham

I'd take - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Rodda, Frost, Swain & Hooper as a hybrid lock/6

Homer

Fred Wood (13)
It'll make lock an interesting case, of those who are in contention we have:

- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
- Smith
- Uru
- Frost
- Swain
- Hooper
- Rodda
- Canham

I'd take - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Rodda, Frost, Swain & Hooper as a hybrid lock/6
Rodda, Frost, Canham, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) in 2nd row with Uru and Hooper fighting for 6. Cale and Valetini going for 6/8 as well. Tizzano probably the back up 7 as has higher work rate than Gamble.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Was a hooker picked from Tahs or Force in that training squad?

If not, who will be the 3 hookers - Faessler, Uelese andddd?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Swain is going to the Force so he will likely be picked
Oh of course.

Maybe initially a Swain/LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) partnership? Probably the most experienced options and theoretically good, though questions over LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)'s form and fitness.

Still think Swinton is the perfect 6 in terms of marrying lineout ability, physicality and workrate.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Uelese probably had his best season in a long, long time... but throwing is certainly still a major issue.

Faessler, Pollard and BPA likely the others in contention.