• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Uelese probably had his best season in a long, long time... but throwing is certainly still a major issue.

Faessler, Pollard and BPA likely the others in contention.
There nothing more traumatic than watching the Wobs finally get a penalty, kick it into the corner, only to watch the throw be deemed not straight or picked off

We need the basics covered, we aren't good enough to hide anyone. Each player needs to be functionally adept in their position even if they "lack" that special skill moment

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
BPA has been the best performing hooker in the last 5 years IMO. Folau Fainga'a also more of a loss than I thought he'd be.

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Rodda, Frost, Canham, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) in 2nd row with Uru and Hooper fighting for 6. Cale and Valetini going for 6/8 as well. Tizzano probably the back up 7 as has higher work rate than Gamble.
Yeah I’d go Tizzano to have 2 7s in there potentially Wilkin but he hasn’t played too many games

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There nothing more traumatic than watching the Wobs finally get a penalty, kick it into the corner, only to watch the throw be deemed not straight or picked off

We need the basics covered, we aren't good enough to hide anyone. Each player needs to be functionally adept in their position even if they "lack" that special skill moment

100%

Fundamentals should be non-negotiable. If a hooker can't throw, a prop can't scrum, a lock can't catch, a halfback can't pass etc etc then they really shouldn't be considered for selection. Test footy exposes shortcomings in these areas ruthlessly.

scrans21

Sydney Middleton (9)
Faesslar and Pollard should be locked in. BPA won't be available until after the 16th, which is Montpellier's relegation playoff match. Considering that's about 3 weeks before the first test match I can't see him being selected for it. Bring him in for the RC definitely, but against Wales it will most likely be Faesslar starting with Pollard off the bench.

Re the locks, if Salakai-Loto is fit then I'd be bringing him in, alongside Frost, Rodda and one of Swain, Smith and Canham. Re Skelton, La Rochelle are playing in the quarter final of the Top 14 on the 15th of June against Toulon, so unless they lose to Toulon then don't expect to see him drafted in for Wales/Georgia. Once he is in though, a quartet of Skelton, Salakai-Loto, Rodda and Frost will be in the squad, barring any injuries.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Uelese will be one of the 3 hookers for sure, at least until when/if BPA is available. His throwing has been a lot better this season, while still not impeccable. He isn't going to be the only player in the squad who is deficient in a core skill, that much is for sure.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I'm not sure of the reliability of the information but an article popped up in my feed saying that Flook and Lancaster will be in the squad. Now I can't find it.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm not sure of the reliability of the information but an article popped up in my feed saying that Flook and Lancaster will be in the squad. Now I can't find it.

FWIW - There was a tweet from Stan sport today & these 2 gents were selected as bolter options by Horan & Shep

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Toole isn't capped yet? He's probably bolter enough for me.

10. Lolesio
11. Toole
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright
22. Gordon
23. Would love Nawaqanitwase or Petaia here.. Maybe Lancaster does get called up..

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Not that surprising for Flook since he’s the 2nd best 13 after Ikitau and with Petaia injured and Korobiete unavailable being overseas I guess he edged out ryan

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Toole isn't capped yet? He's probably bolter enough for me.

10. Lolesio
11. Toole
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright
22. Gordon
23. Would love Nawaqanitwase or Petaia here.. Maybe Lancaster does get called up..
Yeah I’d go same for the backs but maybe Donaldson at 22 to cover FB too and being a better goal kicker

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I actually disagree.

our CAPPED backs depth is thin but I think we actually have good depth through the backs besides at 12
12: Paisami, Foketi
13: Ikitau, Daugunu, Flook*
11/14: Toole*, Lancaster*, Ryan*, Vunivalu
15: Wright, Kellaway
*uncapped

Given our injury run, we could easily lose three backs that would give us:
11. Vunivalu
12. Foketi
13. Flook
14. Lancaster
15. Wright
22. Daugunu
23. Ryan

Injured/unavailable: Petaia, Perese, Jorgensen, Nawaqanitawase, Kerevi, Koroibete