• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
mark Nawaqanitawase not picked ... be stupid of nrl clubs not to ask of his availability for rest of the year, and would be embarassing if was running out in an nrl grand final, whilst the wallabies get pumped. building and blooding players doesn't work in this country anymore, just pick the best team to win the game
Do you understand how a contract works?

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Leaving out the leavers it seems. Swinton has been in great form and brings good starch but oky doky moving on. Holloway omission from a wider training squad surprises me, but perhaps he is the other senior player seeking to get out of his contract being disenfranchised (I read something along those lines somewhere at sometime)

Guess theyll be leaning towards Leota, Valetini, Hooper, Uru, Wilson as the 6/8 options.

Yoda

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I don’t care who Schmidt picks to be honest. He is a good coach and I’m sure his first 33 man squad for the first few Tests will be who he thinks will win Tests under his tutelage. I just hope that he backs them and they bust their gut with skill and a mongrel determination to be the best. Winners don’t like losing and we need that instinct to climb up the ladder of Test rugby. Go you good things as Buddha Handy would say!

Last edited:

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Leaving out the leavers it seems. Swinton has been in great form and brings good starch but oky doky moving on. Holloway omission from a wider training squad surprises me, but perhaps he is the other senior player seeking to get out of his contract being disenfranchised (I read something along those lines somewhere at sometime)

Guess theyll be leaning towards Leota, Valetini, Hooper, Uru, Wilson as the 6/8 options.
Read a couple of journos on twitter who are suggesting Holloway is one of the 2 missing unpublished names

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Read a couple of journos on twitter who are suggesting Holloway is one of the 2 missing unpublished names
He's also the (to this point) unnamed senior player asking RA for a contract release so not sure if/how that plays into it.

If rumours are to believed the old bad blood with Coleman re-emerged (there were also a handful of others who also didn't think much of him as a coach)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Probably explains Jake Gordon's inclusion in the squad right now. His early release has already been quashed. Expect Jed's release to also be knocked back and then his inclusion in the squad to be announced.

I think Holloway is a real chance of playing for the Wallabies this year. Gordon not so much.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

Could also be that Holloway asked for a break before the squads selected, I don't know older guy young family

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
There was a comment by the author on the initial Roar story announcing the train on squad stating it was later confirmed that Holloway was not included In the squad.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Stan had Reilly and Williams as the 8th name from each side
wow

that being the case,
Just for shits and giggles, to see how the squad is forming:
4. Williams
5. Rodda
7. Gamble
8. Gleeson
9. White
10. Donaldson
11. Pietsch
12. Foketi
13. Kuenzle
14. Reilly
15. Beale

19. Amatosero
20. Tizzano
21. Gordon
22. Edmed
23. Stewart

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Shame I actually think Holloway is a very good player. He's just suffered obviously by being in a fairly broken Tahs team this year but has had some good moments. Uru conversely is a similar profile but a bit more versatile and benefited from the Reds playing better overall.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I’ll stick with my prediction of the reds making up 9/32 of the squad. The wallabies contenders aren’t the ones letting the team down tonight. The exception is probably McDermott, if you’re starting from scratch Jake Gordon is more deserving of a spot in the 23 than Tate this season.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I’ll stick with my prediction of the reds making up 9/32 of the squad. The wallabies contenders aren’t the ones letting the team down tonight. The exception is probably McDermott, if you’re starting from scratch Jake Gordon is more deserving of a spot in the 23 than Tate this season.
images

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
You are entitled to your opinion. I know stats aren’t everything but they are a good starting point:
. How many red card suspension weeks did Jake Gordon serve?

tate played better time he was out there and not chilling on sideline