• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I see this all too often. Jake Gordan could have got to this ball first but pulls out like he is worried about the Tongan player coming in. Maybe it's the way his body was and he didn't have the strength to reach but it doesn't look good. Our players don't seem to play for the jersey sometimes.
It’s his MO. He plays for the whistle, not until he hears one. Always trying to milk a penalty, often when there is not one there and his team ends up missing opportunity, or worse, giving up the pill.
I reckon he played himself out of contention today and Fines leapfrogged both he and Lonergen.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
It’s his MO. He plays for the whistle, not until he hears one. Always trying to milk a penalty, often when there is not one there and his team ends up missing opportunity, or worse, giving up the pill.
I reckon he played himself out of contention today and Fines leapfrogged both he and Lonergen.
This response isn’t remotely in context of what happened in this situation.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
In that instance he was doing what any intelligent footballer (player in any sport really) would do. Making sure the ball goes out and retaining possession by not touching it and not letting the chasing team keep it in. The rugby ball is known to not bounce to script, this time instead of bouncing out, like it would more often than not, it bounced back in field up and over his head. Did he make other mistakes? Possibly. But in that particular instance he was unlucky.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Won't let the video upload. Here is a gif

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230714_214134_Photos.gif
    SmartSelect_20230714_214134_Photos.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 165

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I appreciate your commentary, but to be frank, by not dropping a name (or alternatively, confirming that they are currently part of the National/State set ups or pathways), all you've said is that an elder statesman, who has been involved in high performance rugby at some point during his career, thinks we should pick the nippy running halfback and move the big islander winger to the centers.

There would be at least half a dozen blokes who've had one too many at virtually every rugby function who would spout the same.
Yeah, I thought about this, he didn't ask for anonymity but in his position, it didn't feel right. Nippy runner, big islander and young gun 10. Plus generally agreed stuff like when fit Kellaway to 15 and Petaia back on the wing.
We did discuss the forwards a bit as I wanted to know his views on Skelton. Nothing new to add to this site.
BTW he and I were sober as it wasn't a piss up.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hope you are right Joe, we need to be able to speed our game up and Fines does that.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
And does that mean we shouldn’t select White? To my eyes he’s always milking/trying to manufacture penalties. It’s kind of part of the job description.
Having said that, I will say that Gordon is definitely down the pecking order and his form above Super Rugby has warranted that.
I will say that I’d prefer the uptempo style of McDermott or Fines to the other candidates, but if we stick to last weeks game plan (hope not), I’m not sure they’re the best to implement that.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
And does that mean we shouldn’t select White? To my eyes he’s always milking/trying to manufacture penalties. It’s kind of part of the job description.
Having said that, I will say that Gordon is definitely down the pecking order and his form above Super Rugby has warranted that.
I will say that I’d prefer the uptempo style of McDermott or Fines to the other candidates, but if we stick to last weeks game plan (hope not), I’m not sure they’re the best to implement that.
No, White is able to play fast when need be. Let’s face it, all half backs are a pain in the backside but Gordon just seems to push the penalty milking too far. When Fines game on all of sudden we were going forward and he was giving us space by running from the base of the scrum/ruck.
White is our number 1 no question. Fines would be a good addition to the squad to bring something a little different.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Deans selected Cooper more than any subsequent coach and his winning record under Deans is higher than his overall winning percentage.

Quade's winning record is very good relative to other current Wallabies. He benefits from playing a lot of his tests in an era when the Wallabies won more and playing little or no tests through 2017-2020 where the Wallabies winning record was poor.
I understand, when he played we won and when he didn't we lost. Got it.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
No, White is able to play fast when need be. Let’s face it, all half backs are a pain in the backside but Gordon just seems to push the penalty milking too far. When Fines game on all of sudden we were going forward and he was giving us space by running from the base of the scrum/ruck.
White is our number 1 no question. Fines would be a good addition to the squad to bring something a little different.
I think that South African poster on here would argue about the milking, brings up the Faf incident every time we play them. And yes, White has proven the superior 9. I just didn’t think a bad bounce should relegate someone from consideration. Bad form? definitely. And Gordon has struggled with the step up.