• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't think getting beaten by Italy is even close to doing 'reasonably well'. I thought Rennie deserved to take us through to the RWC this year but if Eddie was their man then I can also see why Rugby Australia needed to pounce when they did. Don't forget all Rennie's assistants had started to bail out as well, we weren't going to get results this year with Rennie in charge, and probably regardless of who is. It's all about 2025 and 2027.
That was a b team against a very good Italy team. Bad to not take Italy seriously but also bad by ra to schedule that many games

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I mean, to my understanding, the revenue from out of window games is the big money turner. I would wager playing 5 rather than 4 probably covered a lot of the additionally occurred expenses from running two Aus A tours last season.

Reactions: dru

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
and more importantly - Gleeson.

He literally said himself he was only 118kg in 2022 and he looks slimmer to my eye this year. I struggle to believe he's over 115kgs.
Regardless qwerty, he's big enough. What we need is a bit more agility and that will come as it was exposed v SA. I think he is an excellent 6 prospect.

Reactions: dru

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I had an interesting conversation with a guy who has been around rugby for a long time. His view is we must get rid of Nic White immediately and bring in Tate McDermott because White kicks too much and always has done. He also thinks Carter Gordon should replace QC (Quade Cooper). The really odd one was Markymark to 13. Also regarding our kicking he said it is OK if used properly but having a back three who are not kickers is a problem with that idea.
He had other interesting things to say regarding player talent ID but this is not the thread to post it.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I had an interesting conversation with a guy who has been around rugby for a long time. His view is we must get rid of Nic White immediately and bring in Tate McDermott because White kicks too much and always has done. He also thinks Carter Gordon should replace QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper). The really odd one was Markymark to 13. Also regarding our kicking he said it is OK if used properly but having a back three who are not kickers is a problem with that idea.
He had other interesting things to say regarding player talent ID but this is not the thread to post it.
Please call 1800 333 000 about this individual.

Wallaby Man

Nev Cottrell (35)
I had an interesting conversation with a guy who has been around rugby for a long time. His view is we must get rid of Nic White immediately and bring in Tate McDermott because White kicks too much and always has done. He also thinks Carter Gordon should replace QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper). The really odd one was Markymark to 13. Also regarding our kicking he said it is OK if used properly but having a back three who are not kickers is a problem with that idea.
Yes this guy knows more than Eddie Jones, Dave Rennie, Rob Baxter, Dan McKellar, Laurie Fisher and Stephen Larkham.

Say hello to Campo for us

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Simultaneously trolling Brumby Runner and Rodha!

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Please call 1800 333 000 about this individual.
I found it interesting primarily as I always enjoy radical solutions to insoluble problems like the Wallabies have been since Dean's time. I was surprised about White but when he explained his issues with him and following QC (Quade Cooper) only getting 6 passes in the whole game v SA, I thought he might be onto something. as you know I'm a big supporter of White and was of the opinion that it was him and daylight next.
A lot of our discussion here is tight as a knot with a very limited broad view of the issues. This guy was very interesting, but due to the background noise it was hard to hear all he had to say.
BTW the other couple of issues he had with White is that he doesn't run enough and pisses the ref off and has done so over his career.

Last edited:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Old man in bizarre rant shocker...

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
I’d almost guarantee that White has given QC (Quade Cooper) a hell of a lot more ball in their previous outings together. It was very clearly a directive

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
I found it interesting primarily as I always enjoy radical solutions to insoluble problems like the Wallabies have been since Dean's time. I was surprised about White but when he explained his issues with him and following QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) only getting 6 passes in the whole game v SA, I thought he might be onto something. as you know I'm a big supporter of White and was of the opinion that it was him and daylight next.
A lot of our discussion here is tight as a knot with a very limited broad view of the issues. This guy was very interesting, but due to the background noise it was hard to hear all he had to say.
BTW the other couple of issues he had with White is that he doesn't run enough and pisses the ref off and has done so over his career.

I find it really interesting that it's our pivots or backs that always get so much focus when people start talking player musical chairs but it's up front where the game is won and the platform set. I have this perpetual feeling that we really undervalue our forwards in Australia.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Can probably get yourself a good career in Aus right now. Any U16s academy props or backrowers who might not end up the tallest should start throwing and make the move.