• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Are we agree that is the nicest jersey since 2003?
HPRhAcG.jpg

2007, 2011, 2015 and 2019 were ugly

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The jersey promotion today makes me think that Michael Hooper is closer to being announced as captain again than being left out of the RWC squad because he's considered past it.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The jersey promotion today makes me think that Michael Hooper is closer to being announced as captain again than being left out of the RWC squad because he's considered past it.
I thought there had been comments made by Jones to the effect that it was better for all parties that Michael wasn’t burdened with the captaincy again.

Regardless I can’t see him being left out of the initial sqaud. I’d think that was extremely unlikely. On the contrary I’d think Jones would be keen to play him at 7 in the first test or so and judge him on his performance from that.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only seen Folau Fainga'a in a Shute Shield starting team so far, can always be late inclusions or bench players however.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yes and no. Adidas made a lot of rugby stuff and not only boots/jerseys. Used to be a black-tip ball known as the "Wallaby"...

It's really a reflection of eras. Canterbury were massive in rugby through a lot of my childhood but that has completely disappeared. As far as I can tell the only teams the brand does now are the Queensland Reds and the NZ Black Caps (cricket).

If you were born yesterday you wouldn't see Canterbury as a key rugby brand whatsoever.

ASICS and adidas are surely the two leading brands now.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's really a reflection of eras. Canterbury were massive in rugby through a lot of my childhood but that has completely disappeared. As far as I can tell the only teams the brand does now are the Queensland Reds and the NZ Black Caps (cricket).

If you were born yesterday you wouldn't see Canterbury as a key rugby brand whatsoever.

ASICS and adidas are surely the two leading brands now.
They do Ireland and B&I Lions too still I think.

I think it was spoken about in a Reds thread, but Canterbury have gone through various directors with different visions for the brand - some wanting to continue in the pro sport market, and others who wanted out altogether. I believe currently they are trying to make a comeback - and I'm all for it. The Reds gear this year, particularly the retro long sleeve cotton, has been pretty schmick.