• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would suspect Eddie will give Carter Gordon a go in the first Test against South Africa off the bench with Foley to start. Donaldson hasn’t played as well as last year, however Coleman’s game plan hasn’t helped him. If Ryan Lonergan comes on with Gordon, he can goal kick?
Hodge can win us the game with a 85m penalty

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
HUBx0sn.md.jpg

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
But tipping the scales at the best part of 150 kilograms, there is plenty that can still go wrong for the man they call the ‘Tongan Thor’.

“It’s a bit hard because I’m not running at the moment and trying to keep that weight off,” he said.

“I wouldn’t say I’ve been really good but I’m trying.”
yikes

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
That shit don't make sense to me for an elite player being managed by team of dietitians, physios and strength & conditioning professionals. Surely there would be some fitness program involving swimming, rowing and/or elliptical trainer etc. that would keep that cardiovascular fitness high (and weight off) without aggravating the achilles?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think we might have to resign ourselves to the possibility that TT won't play for the Wallabies this year. It sounds like he has a long way to go.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Where is RA in this stuff? Maybe McLennan could do it something like that instead of attacking NRL everyday

Regular matches between New Zealand's Super Rugby sides and teams from Japan's League One could be on the cards after the countries' rugby unions signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on Wednesday.

The agreement, aimed at helping the game grow across the Asia-Pacific region, will also see New Zealand and Japan meeting more regularly in internationals for both men and women at all levels

Wallaby Man

Nev Cottrell (35)
Where is Rugby Australia in this stuff? Maybe McLennan could do it something like that instead of attacking NRL everyday

Regular matches between New Zealand's Super Rugby sides and teams from Japan's League One could be on the cards after the countries' rugby unions signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on Wednesday.

The agreement, aimed at helping the game grow across the Asia-Pacific region, will also see New Zealand and Japan meeting more regularly in internationals for both men and women at all levels
Don’t the Aus Super Rugby clubs already have an MOU with Japanese clubs? Hence the Japanese tours last year for the Rebels, Force and Reds, can’t remember if Tahs and Brums did. Let’s see what happens, the NZR also signed a contract with Harlequins 4-5yrs ago and exactly 0 has happened on that front.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
That shit don't make sense to me for an elite player being managed by team of dietitians, physios and strength & conditioning professionals. Surely there would be some fitness program involving swimming, rowing and/or elliptical trainer etc. that would keep that cardiovascular fitness high (and weight off) without aggravating the achilles?

You’ve gotta be motivated to do that though, it’s not like they can force him to do anything.

It’s pretty well known around the Reds that Taniela is a freak in terms of his ability to play bulk minutes and do minimal work. He was regularly one of the better performers during the pre-season time trials, even though he had an off-season full of KFC, PlayStation and kava.

This will be his first real test in terms of coming back from an injury and not being an overly motivated individual in terms of his health.

It’s also one of the reasons he decided to head down to the Rebels. The Reds had been applying some pressure on him to get his act together, as he gets older that natural fitness will fade. Taniela’s best mate Alex Mafi was feeding him stories about the Rebels far more passive pre-season and training when compared to the Reds and that played a factor in the decision.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Coaching team confirmed.

2023 Wallabies Coaching Staff
Head Coach
- Eddie Jones
Attack Coach - Brad Davis
Defence Coach - Brett Hodgson
Forwards Coordinator - Neal Hatley
Lineout Coach - Dan Palmer
Maul Consultant - Pierre-Henry Broncan
Kicking Consultant - Berrick Barnes
Learning Coordinator - David Rath
Strength and Conditioning Coordinator - Jon Clarke
Strength and Conditioning Coach - Nigel Ashley-Jones
Speed Consultant - John Pryor
Sport Scientist - Warrick Harrington

Rusted

Allen Oxlade (6)
Coaching team confirmed.

Head Coach
- Eddie Jones
I would love a job description of some of these roles. Speed consultant? "You're slow. Run fast" S&C co-ordinator v S&C coach? What's a Learning co-ordinator? Between attack, defence, overall forwards coaching, maul, lineout, kicking, some of these coaches will be fighting for airtime. I can imagine the players being overwhelmed by data and coaching. But I'll park my cynicism and reserve judgement until the end of the WC. Still that's a lot of bloody coaches.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would love a job description of some of these roles. Speed consultant? "You're slow. Run fast" S&C co-ordinator v S&C coach? What's a Learning co-ordinator? Between attack, defence, overall forwards coaching, maul, lineout, kicking, some of these coaches will be fighting for airtime. I can imagine the players being overwhelmed by data and coaching. But I'll park my cynicism and reserve judgement until the end of the WC. Still that's a lot of bloody coaches.

Sounds like we need Totality Tony back.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not saying I disagree but wow a test debut against the boks at a sold out loftus wowee!
Agree he could do it but why risk it? As a first test player, the boks will line him up for some serious treatment. He is tough but that ain't the way to break in your (possible) future 10. Not sure Foley would be ideal either at least he has played them before.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Coaching team confirmed.

Head Coach
- Eddie Jones
Learning Coordinator - David Rath - what the hell does one of those do?????

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
this may help

k5jMnvA5YW80AUavi5bAA2CZxYEKUc9_sw-IYVbWpMULtHY8qrmTPU19etbT286-Fu89xYOKy4CPvMdxOdIsPGYV3Odv5YFcO193VDuau2ZHVMP4=s0-d-e1-ft
MAY 11, 2023
Wallabies head coach Eddie Jones has confirmed the side’s coaching staff for the eToro Rugby Championship and Rugby World Cup in France.

The highly experienced coach Brad Davis will assist Jones in coaching the attack, having previously held roles with Ospreys in the Pro14 and Bath and Wasps in the English Premiership.

He is currently coaching at London Irish and is proud to be coaching his country.

A former professional Rugby League player in the 1990s and 2000s, Davis played over 200 games in the English Super League before moving into Rugby coaching in 2006.

Current ACT Brumbies assistant and former Wallabies prop Dan Palmer has been brought on board as lineout coach and will work closely with Neal Hatley who was announced as forwards coordinator earlier this year. Hatley is set to link up with the team following the conclusion of the English Premiership where he is currently working with Bath.

Frenchman Pierre-Henry Broncan has been appointed as a maul consultant. The 48-year-old former Castres boss took his side to the French Top 14 final last year and boasts coaching experience with Stade Toulouse and also worked at Bath Rugby in England for two years as a scout and analyst. The maul is an important part of the Wallabies’ attack.

Meanwhile, former Wallabies flyhalf Berrick Barnes will join the ranks on a part-time basis as a kicking consultant.

The former Red and Waratah made his Test debut at the 2007 World Cup in France and was also part of the Wallabies 2011 Rugby World Cup squad, going on to play 51 Tests.

Jones has also finalised his strength and conditioning team with the former head of England’s strength and conditioning program Jon Clarke to lead the S&C team with former Scarlets and Canberra Raiders coach Nigel Ashley-Jones as an assistant. John Pryor also returns to the Wallabies set up as a speed consultant, while Warrick Harrington remains in his role as sport scientist.

Wallabies head coach Eddie Jones said: “We believe we have a quality coaching staff to plan and prepare the team for a Smash and Grab campaign, winning the Bledisloe Cup and finishing winning the Rugby World Cup."

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
I would suspect Eddie will give Carter Gordon a go in the first Test against South Africa off the bench with Foley to start. Donaldson hasn’t played as well as last year, however Coleman’s game plan hasn’t helped him. If Ryan Lonergan comes on with Gordon, he can goal kick?
Lonergan can definitely goal kick if that's your question.