• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Yep, and that's invariably why you are behind the eight-ball mate... "something.. something.. 7th in the world".

It's refreshing to hear such an admission - after all, acceptance is the first step towards enlightenment...

Hence you Aussies should probably heed the wise counsel of your rugby "enlightened" Kiwi friends!
My kiwi friends appear to be less patronising than yourself.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
This would be a very sobering read for McLennan & Rugby Australia who probably should've done their due diligence before replacing Rennie with an apparent downgrade. In all honestly, this is probably one of the best pieces of investigative journalism I've ever read...

It appears that Borthwick's initial claims were just the tip of the iceberg - looking at this incredibly enlightening analysis:

Out of 11 teams from 2022, England ranked statistically - 10th in attack (Wales last), 10th in defense (Japan last), 11th in set-piece.

Rennie's Wallabies out-rated Jones' England in every single metric, except turnovers won (which to be fair - is probably more representative of McKellar's ineffectiveness with regards to coaching the breakdown area, than anything relating to Rennie)...

It currently looks increasingly likely Eddie's homecoming with Australia could turnout identical to Gatland's return with Wales...

Two very eerily similar situations, two flailing stuttering organizations looking to plug the holes with quick-fix temporary solutions, running against the tide, hoping to somehow revive the glory days again..

McLennan has evidently put all of his eggs in the Eddie Jones basket - gifting him an unprecedented five year contract from the outset... but what happens when the house of cards comes crumbling down because the modern Wallabies playing group inevitably grow fatigued of Eddie's outdated and downright archaic man-management methods?

Will they come groveling at Razor's consecrated feet - in a desperate late plea for a sprinkling of his magic dust to sparkle an unlikely Lions series win in 2025? Razor (if not already sewn-up with a better gig) would say "Thanks - but no thanks....!" after seeing how terribly the previous Kiwi coach was treated by clandestine McLennan.

So what is Rugby Australia's plan B? They are seemingly following the same short-sighted naive approach as the old suits from WRU - just pinning all your hopes on a 60 year old Gatland (against the unforgiving ravages of old age & a rapidly declining coaching ability...) to simply wind back the clock and somehow bring back the glory years! Sounds a lot like Rugby Australia and Eddie to me...

I bet Larkam's their plan B (in the unlikely case Rugby Australia actually has one..) which isn't entirely ambitious - ambitious would see Less Kiss & Simon Cron - with Nuicifora as Director of Rugby, to develop and cultivate the player pathways as he's done brilliantly for Ireland...
I have never blocked someone on here but fuck me your close...

Just STFU we know you don't like Eddie but it's done get on board and you can tell us I told you so in 5 years.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have never blocked someone on here but fuck me your close...

Just STFU we know you don't like Eddie but it's done get on board and you can tell us I told you so in 5 years.

I don't get it. The dude says he's a kiwi, but then bangs on about how shit we're going to be under Eddie. You'd think that if Eddie was going to be such a disaster to us, he'd just sit back and watch it unfold. Unless he's sour about one of his brethren copping the axe for Eddie.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I don't get it. The dude says he's a kiwi, but then bangs on about how shit we're going to be under Eddie. You'd think that if Eddie was going to be such a disaster to us, he'd just sit back and watch it unfold. Unless he's sour about one of his brethren copping the axe for Eddie.
He also wants Razor to coach Australia not NZ... His just a dick

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep, and that's invariably why you are behind the eight-ball mate... "something.. something.. 7th in the world".

It's refreshing to hear such an admission - after all, acceptance is the first step towards enlightenment...

Hence you Aussies should probably heed the wise counsel of your rugby "enlightened" Kiwi friends!
I've got to ask, as an enlightened Kiwi, why is the appointment of EJ (Eddie Jones) such a bug bear for you? He's not coaching the ABs

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pretty sure that's HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Bell holding the bar for du Plessis and Porecki walks past in the background. Probably just taken from the most recent camp where the had a lot of the injured players in too.

The camp in January was on the Gold Coast.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
And the scrum coach doing 320kg partial squats .................. no pressure
farking hell, what did i tell y'all about Eddie's demanding standards for his assistant coaches, he's already pushed Du-Plessis to near breaking point and the Wallabies campaign doesn't even officially get started until May...

It's going to be an eventful year... who will prevail at the end - Eddie's schemes or sanity?

Last edited:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
farking hell, what did i tell y'all about Eddie's demanding standards for his assistant coaches, he's already near driven Petrus du-Plessis to breaking point and the Wallabies campaign doesn't even officially get started until May...

It's going to be an eventful year... who will prevail at the end - Eddie's schemes or sanity?

For fucks sake, can someone please drop the hammer.