• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wales vs Australia, 5 November 2016, (1:30am 6 November AEDT) @ Millenium Stadium

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe we need a separate thread for new members to argue endlessly about Cooper and Foley?

It's pretty clear that neither person is ever going to convince the other of their point of view.

I'm just sitting back waiting for the Brumbies to produce the next saviour that will unite these two houses......... ;)

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
Maybe we need a separate thread for new members to argue endlessly about Cooper and Foley?

It's pretty clear that neither person is ever going to convince the other of their point of view.

Seriously? After an exchange consisting of four posts, in a game thread where they're competing for selection? You can tell all this from that?

Or has this "new member" person made trouble in the past? The saucy minx!

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
yeah, for some reason I keep forgetting that.

Well it becomes a decision between Fardy straight in or Pocock to 8 and Timani to 6.

I think I'd go the former.

Has to be. Our lineout was pretty good against the ABs. It would be madness to go back to a couple of shorties in the back row.
Fardy in and Poey on the pine. McMahon misses out this week.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think a big contributor to our improved lineout is Stephen Moore's form. His last four games are a stark contrast to earlier in the season.

That said I expect Cheika will opt for Fardy at 6 to give it the best chance of continuing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Match officials have been confirmed:

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Jérôme Garcès (France), Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Can't believe there isn't a Foley V Cooper thread with 3000+ posts.

Anyway, I'd like to see Folau on the wing for this Test so we have another North V Folau battle. That was a beauty in the Lions series. Both up there as best on field with Folau coming out on top.

I don't think DHP is going to defend North too well, if North is in form (haven't heard much about him recently).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Shouldn't we be welcoming any polite discussion of footy, particularly from new members (who we want to hang around presumably)?

Yes, absolutely.

That's probably the major reason for my comments. There is a lot of history where this sort of debate from new members not really familiar with the forum end up with heated arguments and people getting banned.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)

Anyway, I'd like to see Folau on the wing for this Test so we have another North V Folau battle. That was a beauty in the Lions series. Both up there as best on field with Folau coming out on top.

I don't think DHP is going to defend North too well, if North is in form (haven't heard much about him recently).
I thought he was out for some reason.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
I'm just sitting back waiting for the Brumbies to produce the next saviour that will unite these two houses... ;)

CLL is the possibility if his health returns. He is a lot better goal kicker than Foley. Back in 2012 he was an excellent playmaker when To'omua was injured, perhaps he can return to that. I would love to see it.

I take the inference re the 2 houses and the brumbies not was an assumptions that I am a Reds supporter and the other is a tahs one.

To make sure no one thinks I am pushing a state based agenda I am a tahs supporter.
Just as far as the wallabies are concerned I have zero state allegiances one way or the other, I just want whats best for the team.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Even when not 'talking' about Cooper v Foley we are talking about them. Add Hooper v Pocock and this happens.......

quit.jpg

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
I think a big contributor to our improved lineout is Stephen Moore's form. His last four games are a stark contrast to earlier in the season.

That said I expect Cheika will opt for Fardy at 6 to give it the best chance of continuing.

With Alwyn Jones out of the game, the wales lineout caller, and no noted lineout exponents in the wales backrow I expect Cheika to select Pooper and Timani at 6.

Fardy on the bench.

Note not what I would go for but what I think Cheika will do.

Reactions: dru

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)

DHP's defense is poor on the wing at 69%.

He needs to be shifted to 15.

It looks like Hodge is going to be at 12 again. To combat Davies and Roberts in the midfield it makes sense to play Kuridrani at 13 at least on defence, and Folau on the wing.
Folau could move to 12 or 13 off set piece attack or stay on the wing for a kick pass.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Yes, absolutely.

That's probably the major reason for my comments. There is a lot of history where this sort of debate from new members not really familiar with the forum end up with heated arguments and people getting banned.

I apprecriate where you are coming from.

I can be stubborn and keep rebutting, and provide new eveidence.

However I don't get abusive nor emotional about it.
If the other does I ask them to play the ball not the man and don't post again.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Match officials have been confirmed:

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Jérôme Garcès (France), Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

For anyone interested the refs for all the wallaby games are available.

Wales - Joubert
Scotland - Lacey (irish ref)
France - Jackson
Ireland - Garces (terrible french ref)
England - Peyper

The good news no Nigel Owens who really does not give the wallabies the rub of the green, it seems a subconscious dislike

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Even when not 'talking' about Cooper v Foley we are talking about them. Add Hooper v Pocock and this happens...

View attachment 8636

Very common discussions I imagine

1) Foley v Cooper
2) Hooper v Pocock
3) Where to play Folau
4) Pooper whether it should be played
5) Anyone but Mumm
6) Cheika's flaws as a selector
7) Cheika's flaws (or positives) in temperament
100) Wallaby scrums, technical improvement
101) Different defence patterns wallabies should use when
102) Different kicking strategies by Wallabies

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
^^^^ raises an interesting point about Cheika's temperament.

How good is it? I love how he makes what he thinks known and can be either incendiary when necessary or silent in equal measure.

Polite, media friendly, cookie cutter responses to the exact same questions over and over get so dull. Need a little character in the game.