• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wales vs Australia, 5 November 2016, (1:30am 6 November AEDT) @ Millenium Stadium

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
All vitriol should be directed at the respective unions for charging FTA too much shouldn't it?

Also for their 2:30pm kickoffs which make the games so unattractive to TV companies here.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
I think this is Australia's game for the taking. I usually (and wrongly) have a bit of confidence that a win is a possibility but I don't see Wales staying in the game for the final 1/4. We are always slow starters when any set of internationals start and have lost to many key players for this game... Warburton, Faletau and now Alun Wyn Jones. Beyond this we do have quite a few players in form for a change so not all doom and gloom.

Would like to see some of our youngsters get game time such as Sam Davies at 10 but not holding my breath. Also Scott Williams getting the 12 starting spot would expand our game. Haven't got much faith in change happening and not moving far enough away from our outdated power game.
Couldn't agree more, Wales need to evolve our game. It's a chance for Howley to put his own stamp on the squad & play with a little more invention.
They won't though, Gats will be pulling the strings behind the scenes & we'll be trying to bash it up (badly) for 80mins.
Can see Aus winning easily in the end by at least two clear scores. We don't have the depth to cope without AW Jones, Faletau & Warbs.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
You don't. We all sleep instead then watch the replay when hopefully some nice chap uploads it on YouTube.

Because screw BeIN Sports.

I am sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but you can look forward to more of this. Pay-for-view is going to be the future of sports like ours.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Couldn't agree more, Wales need to evolve our game. It's a chance for Howley to put his own stamp on the squad & play with a little more invention.
They won't though, Gats will be pulling the strings behind the scenes & we'll be trying to bash it up (badly) for 80mins.
Can see Aus winning easily in the end by at least two clear scores. We don't have the depth to cope without AW Jones, Faletau & Warbs.

In the june series Wales played it wide often and made a lot of breaks as well as Liam Williams running from f/b and hitting gaps.

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
Foley runs the ball better but just does not release the players outside him, he creates little for them.

That's not true. His style has always been as a [relatively quiet] facilitator. People were politicking for him to attack the line more often, so he now does, but he's still a facilitator, continuously setting up the players around him. He just doesn't do it using long passes or a chess-like approach.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I've stayed out of this whole
Foley v Cooper fracas because it so subjective and none of us has a real say in who wears the yellow 10 jersey but I will say this;

One of them has great rugby vision, a sublime pass and a decent kicking game and the other guys name starts with Foley.

Of course I'm completely impartial.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
That's not true. His style has always been as a [relatively quiet] facilitator. People were politicking for him to attack the line more often, so he now does, but he's still a facilitator, continuously setting up the players around him. He just doesn't do it using long passes or a chess-like approach.

True. He'd be a fantastic 15 if he wasn't just so shit under the high ball. He gets bullied.

I wish the Tahs had persisted with him there and he'd built the skills.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hi everyone. I'd just like to remind everyone that we don't allow talk of illegal streams in the open forum because we don't want to get sued.

What ever you say to each other not in the open forum is none of our business.

The need for an illegal stream is also unnecessary because as its already been pointed out - beIN Connect is offering a free trial until 14 November..........

http://getbein.beinsports.com/au/subscribe/

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hi everyone. I'd just like to remind everyone that we don't allow talk of illegal streams in the open forum because we don't want to get sued.

What ever you say to each other not in the open forum is none of our business.

Noted and deleted.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I've stayed out of this whole
Foley v Cooper fracas because it so subjective and none of us has a real say in who wears the yellow 10 jersey but I will say this;

One of them has great rugby vision, a sublime pass and a decent kicking game and the other guys name starts with Foley.

Of course I'm completely impartial.

Where does Bernard come into this?

Last time I checked his name ended with Foley.

Whose the third option I don't know about? Whose the phony Foley? What is this folly you speak of?

Foley _____ reveal yourself.

RedCard

Peter Burge (5)
In the june series Wales played it wide often and made a lot of breaks as well as Liam Williams running from f/b and hitting gaps.

They are pushing a more attacking game plan but they are going to stick with the old guard to implement it is where the problem lies. We don't need many changes, just a couple of tweaks to help the new game plan along. There are 4 enforced changes in the pack and a couple of these bring more attacking ability such as Tipuric and Moriarty. Losing the likes of Faletau and AWJ does weaken us so might not get to see how well these tweaks would go long term....... and Gats certainly has his favourites to come straight back in.

Our biggest question marks are on the the backline and mainly at 10/12. Biggar and Roberts tend to be largely nailed on although currently Sam Davies and Scott Williams are the form players there. Either one of them in adds a bit more to the backline on attack. Davies plays on the gainline so would allow Roberts to do what he does better. If it is Biggar at 10 then Scott Williams has more variety to his game. Davies and Scott Williams together I don't think we will see as SD is new to the scene but it could be the future for us.

Many are touting Keelan Giles as the new Shane and in fairness he is quite impressive. Scoring tries for fun and only 18. Just think this campaign in the big games is to early to throw that type of pressure at him. Perhaps Japan off the bench.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I am sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but you can look forward to more of this. Pay-for-view is going to be the future of sports like ours.

I wouldn't mind paying just for rugby but to pay ongoing fees for Foxtel when I only want the rugby sucks.

I hope your wrong but unfortunately you are probably right.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
All vitriol should be directed at the respective unions for charging FTA too much shouldn't it?

Also for their 2:30pm kickoffs which make the games so unattractive to TV companies here.

The France game kicks of at 7am Australian time, so not too bad for FTA. All matches are stand-alone rights, so it would be open to an network to buy some and not others.

I did also read somewhere that these rights can and often are bought at the last moment on occasions. I'd assume that something would be better than nothing if one was selling broadcasting rights.

The game probably rates lower in Australia that it does in any other tier 1 nation, so the NH unions would never be getting top dollar for Wallaby tests from our TV channels.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)

Just shoveling the ball on (i.e facilitator) does not make him a playmaker.
He does not put players into gaps , he just passes the ball with very little vision of where the play should go next. Foley is painting by the numbers whilst Cooper creates a masterpiece (yes a little OTT but fits my metaphor)

Reactions: dru

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
Just shoveling the ball on (i.e facilitator) does not make him a playmaker.
He does not put players into gaps , he just passes the ball with very little vision of where the play should go next. Foley is painting by the numbers whilst Cooper creates a masterpiece (yes a little OTT but fits my metaphor)

We'll have to agree to disagree. Foley's an excellent playmaker. He just underplays his hand compared to the Picasso of the Pass.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
We'll have to agree to disagree. Foley's an excellent playmaker. He just underplays his hand compared to the Picasso of the Pass.

Seriously if he was such a good playmaker then how come in the rwc he created very few tries or line breaks i.e his try assist and line break assist was very low. Same all of this year.

With a mountain of possession against Wales last year, england this year and nz this year could not engineer tries.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe we need a separate thread for new members to argue endlessly about Cooper and Foley?

It's pretty clear that neither person is ever going to convince the other of their point of view.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Maybe we need a separate thread for new members to argue endlessly about Cooper and Foley?

It's pretty clear that neither person is ever going to convince the other of their point of view.

I was about to make the same suggestion - every match thread contains essentially the same discussion.