• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Barbarians team made no sense, the 2014 match was more competitive and was mainly the best players in the Shute Shield - it was a much stronger u20s side too.

Shute Shield had a bye last week, I know logistically maybe things didn’t work out but geez that was the perfect time for it.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I get that there's... "something" in it for the U20s, particularly the coaching staff.

But there's a better option than throwing them against, well, that.

Both the Rebels and the Force were eliminated from finals seemingly before the Bahbahs squad was selected. Now I'm not saying they should be be playing a combined team minus the Wallabies training camp, but you know, throwing 4 to 6 young and/or fringe players from each squad (say Fourie, Ripley, Glen Vaihu from the former, Orr, Tamati Ioane and Sorovi from the latter) to help stiffen the team up and idk, make use of players that RA is paying (yeah, the State bodies/Franchise governance groups pay, but where does that money come from) to do not very much.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Combinations.

HMP played very well at fullback by reports. I’d have him starting there. I think he’s a better player than Mason Gordon.
He has a beautiful long pass on him to go with his stepping and speed. I liked what I saw of him.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not scheduled on Fox, BeIN or Stan. My guess is no one got them which isn't the worst thing.

Should be live streamed on world.rugby for free.

Wallaby Man

Nev Cottrell (35)
Would have hoped it would have got packaged in with the RWC rights. Kinda how all olympic affiliated content is with those rights and NZR rugby with NPC etc.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Stan will be broadcasting "select" games of the U20s apparently. Hopefully they get to select them, not World Rugby which I seem to remember happening with Fox previously?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Stan will be broadcasting "select" games of the U20s apparently. Hopefully they get to select them, not World Rugby which I seem to remember happening with Fox previously?
Disaster, that probably means the live stream is geo-blocked now. On a streaming platform that is pathetic for them not to broadcast them all if I assume WR (World Rugby) offers them all.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Disaster, that probably means the live stream is geo-blocked now. On a streaming platform that is pathetic for them not to broadcast them all if I assume WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) offers them all.

With a VPN you should be able to watch the games on the World Rugby site by "being in a country" that doesn't have a broadcaster.

There was a Sevens tournament a couple of years ago that wasn't broadcast and I could watch it by being in Belgium or something.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not scheduled on Fox, BeIN or Stan. My guess is no one got them which isn't the worst thing.

Should be live streamed on world.rugby for free.
Ahem...

How to Stream Australia u20 Rugby Championship​

Watch Australia U20 Rugby Championship on Stan Sport. Start a 7-day free trial of Stan Sport to watch Rugby ad-free, live & on demand.

ReeceHodgeOfficial

Frank Nicholson (4)
Stan coverage looks like it will cover all Aus games, all NZ pool games and semis regardless of team:

The matches and Stan Sport schedule

Saturday 24 June

Argentina vs Italy, 7pm
England vs Ireland, 9.30pm – Live on Stan Sport
France vs Japan, 10pm

Sunday 25 June
Wales vs New Zealand, midnight – Live on Stan Sport

Australia vs Fiji, 12.30am – Live on Stan Sport

South Africa vs Georgia, 3am

Thursday 29 June
Australia vs Ireland, 7pm – Live on Stan Sport
France vs New Zealand 9.30pm
– Live on Stan Sport
Wales vs Japan, 10pm

Friday 30 June
South Africa vs Italy, midnight
Argentina vs Georgia, 12.30am
England vs Fiji, 3am – Live on Stan Sport

Tuesday 4 July
Italy vs Georgia, 7pm
Ireland vs Fiji, 9.30pm
Australia vs England, 10pm – Live on Stan Sport

Wednesday 5 July
New Zealand vs Japan, midnight – Live on Stan Sport
France vs Wales, 12.30am
South Africa vs Argentina, 3am

Sunday 9 July and Monday 10 July
First Playoff round

Semifinal 1 (2nd place v 3rd place), 12.30am, July 10 – Live on Stan Sport

Semifinal 2 (1st place vs 4th place), 3am, July 10 – Live on Stan Sport

If Australia don’t make the semi finals Stan Sport will also show their playoff game in addition to the semifinals (all teams have a playoff)

Friday 14 July and Saturday 15 July
Finals

LEZ GO