• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Higgers was good when he came on. I suspect we won't seen McCalman start again.

But anyway, that was a disgraceful performance. I would almost venture to say it looked a little gutless.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
First penalty for the abs tackler not rolling in the 75 minute. That says something about the style of reffing Joubert has decided on. Give the advantage to the defensive team. Strange?

Yep, but ABs adjusted to his interpretations better and they didnt need any help at the breakdown. The ABs just bossed the collisions.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd be interested to hear Austin's take on this one. Did the Wallabies run a single set piece move?

Offside line is BEHIND the last feet, not the halfway point of the breakdown. This wasn't refereed correctly and as such, both sides were offside for most of the game. This really hurt the Wallabies as their style of play needs space.

hughkh

Bob McCowan (2)
Higginbotham needs to be starting, felt Big Kev had a stormer of a game, as did Willy Genia, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was no where too be seen, McCabe was useful. Quade had a mare.

If you think about it though, if we'd klocked those 3 penalties it would have been 23 - 30, doesn't sound as bad!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Ioane, JOC (James O'Connor) and Horwill very good. Higginbotham impressive for his short cameo. Ioane your MotM IMO. Cooper was shit. Did AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) play at all?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I am so pissed off at that ruck where McCaw turned JOC (James O'Connor). A clear hand to push the ball back to the ABs' side. I know there were numerous stuff to pick on but that one just epitomises how much the ABs get away with.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Higginbotham needs to be starting, felt Big Kev had a stormer of a game, as did Willy Genia, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was no where too be seen, McCabe was useful. Quade had a mare.

If you think about it though, if we'd klocked those 3 penalties it would have been 23 - 30, doesn't sound as bad!

Reaching. The ABs dropped their intensity in the 2nd half.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yep franks was awesome. Wallabies are missing slipper who does much more work in tight than Alexander. But it came down to the ab loose trio completely smashing Elsom and mccalman and even to an extent pocock. If Elsom does not improve we can not win the rwc. He is poor in contact, very poor.

As I watch genia and horwill are doing most of the talk in the post match huddle. Time for more official leadership roles for them and pocock who did a lot of talking during the game.

All blacks won at the breakdown but were still not that far ahead when you consider some luck and some bad defense (eg Beale) in a few of their tries.

J

Jay

Ioane, JOC (James O'Connor) and Horwill very good. Higginbotham impressive for his short cameo. Ioane your MotM IMO. Cooper was shit. Did AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) play at all?

Like Rocky, he decided to show up in about the 75th minute.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I am so pissed off at that ruck where McCaw turned JOC (James O'Connor). A clear hand to push the ball back to the ABs' side. I know there were numerous stuff to pick on but that one just epitomises how much the ABs get away with.

Cue the complaining. I look forward to the promised G&G video offering a balanced critique of the game.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
That was difficult to watch. Not much to say except we were rolled by a better team on the night. Kiwis looked hungry for the win, and it showed in the way they hit everything.

Those Franks brothers are something else - Kepu got some air there in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.