• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antipodean

I think one of the key reasons that McCaw is not penalised more heavily (meaning carded) is because he is the captain and so their is a reluctance to send him off. To suggest that he does not get pinged because he is more knowledgeable or gifted is ludicrous. The issue is the refs not penalising him for exactly the same acts that others are penalised for.
Proof by assertion isn't a reasonable position to adopt, as there is a risk you'll come across as a whiner.

McCaw does get penalised, he just doesn't keep infringing the same way; he adopts his game to the interpretations of the referee. It's also a bit rich for supporters of a team that had Bill Young masquerading as an international loosehead prop, or conveniently forgetting serial infringer Owen" no idea how I ended up on the wrong side of the ruck or the ball didn't come out ref" Finegan to complain.

Generally speaking the issues other supporters have with McCaw stem from three factors:
  1. He is an exceptionally talented and astute player,
  2. His visibility and impact is increased as a result of being an openside flanker competing hard for the ball, and
  3. He doesn't play for their team.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All wrong. Like I said, I don't buy into any breakdown stuff. It's the set-piece stuff where he bends the laws that most people bark about imo.

A

antipodean

Like what? Detaching early from scrums and..? He gets penalised for detaching early, so anything else?

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Proof by assertion isn't a reasonable position to adopt, as there is a risk you'll come across as a whiner.

McCaw does get penalised, he just doesn't keep infringing the same way; he adopts his game to the interpretations of the referee. It's also a bit rich for supporters of a team that had Bill Young masquerading as an international loosehead prop, or conveniently forgetting serial infringer Owen" no idea how I ended up on the wrong side of the ruck or the ball didn't come out ref" Finegan to complain.

Generally speaking the issues other supporters have with McCaw stem from three factors:
  1. He is an exceptionally talented and astute player,
  2. His visibility and impact is increased as a result of being an openside flanker competing hard for the ball, and
  3. He doesn't play for their team.

4. He is a habitual cheater.

Now to move for a moment beyond my trolling; McCaw is definitely slowing down and making more mistakes than he used to. Not surprising considering that he is getting on in years. Not the player he used to be.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Have to say I think his mobility is back mostly VRF. I have a test I like to call Ath's Flanker Test. Whenever theres a closeup in the game which flankers do I see? This year, first time ever, Richie struggled, really noticeable in the semis and final. Vs the Boks? Practically in every shot, with that crazy Hore nearby. The stats support it too. I'd say he is at 95%.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
MOM Prediction

Totally random but my guess for MOM is going to be Kieran Read.
Best of the Wallabies; JOC (James O'Connor)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Why on earth hasn't kaino been penalized for lying on the tackled player yet? Why do all blacks get away from holding back defensive players while on the ground in an offside position? See lead up to both try's as an example.

Worst of all why are the wallabies so much slower in the defensive line?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I feel if the game continues at this pace the wallabies will come back into it. Abs blowing harder than wallabies at the moment.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Absolutely fucking shithouse from the Wobs in the first half. On the flip side, absolutely brilliant from the Blecks. They are harder, faster and smarter than us at the minute.

We are walking already.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
There are some promising signs but it isn't looking too good right now. Hoping Mr Deans can get them back on track at the break. They look very nervous - QC (Quade Cooper) especially. I like the look of the scrum and our ball looks relatively safe at the breakdown which is promising. The attack seems a little dis-jointed though.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
JOC (James O'Connor) has looked the most dangerous so far. We looked good earlier in the game, had overlaps gallore but towards the end of the game the passes weren't sticking and the overlaps were no where to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.