• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I bloody hope not - they're Souths boys! UQ don't need any more top liners anyway :)

not Souths boys anymore...
A certain Brisbane club has been throwing out offer$ too good to refuse

thats a conversation for another thread though

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The wallabies are going to want to be about 15 up with 20 to go in this. Our run on side can match it but the AB bench is far superior. They lost nothing at the back end of the game. Both sides have room for improvement on there performances vs the boks, winning will come down to the side that improves the most and gets the most out of there bench.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
The wallabies are going to want to be about 15 up with 20 to go in this. Our run on side can match it but the AB bench is far superior. They lost nothing at the back end of the game. Both sides have room for improvement on there performances vs the boks, winning will come down to the side that improves the most and gets the most out of there bench.

Definitely. Both Australia and New Zealand look beatable despite the big wins versus the Springboks.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
not Souths boys anymore...
A certain Brisbane club has been throwing out offer$ too good to refuse

thats a conversation for another thread though

The way I heard it souths didn't honour the agreement they made. That is why ant and saia moved.

T

TheNextBigThing

Sorry to completely ignore the line of conversation but I feel this is the thread to say how excited I am for this game. It's going to be an absolute cracker can't wait to test our mettle against the best.

I honestly think we can give it good shake and our backs can bring us home. Last week showed how effortlessly guys like Quade JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) can score points. The All blacks weren't bad tonight but lacked that X factor that makes me fear them year in year out. It might just be that I'm more confident in our team than I've been in years.

I can't adequately express how psyched I am for this game.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I was highly unimpressed by the NZ defense and their re-starts.

Despite being dominated at scrum time and breakdown, the Boks made too many easy yards just running up the gut of the AB defense just wide of the ruck. NZ was quite slow in re-aligning defensively. The AB defense for the Bok try was woeful with not a single member of the NZ pack rotating to the open-side to be in position after a simple hit up and ruck from a lineout produced quick ball for the oncoming Smit to easily barrel over. . NZ have a lot to work on especially if they attempt to keep Ali Williams on the pitch.

As always, the Wallabies must match NZ's physical presence at the breakdown. Thorn, Read and O. Franks will be significant additions to the NZ pack but Genia & Cooper can finds the big bodies running into any holes.

But you have to be impressed by NZ depth, and the manner in which they didnt miss a beat with wholesale adjustments to their back line.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The bench may be the key for the Wallabies to remain competitive at the back end of the test.
The return of Luke Burgess will help as he normally impacts a test and injects a lot of enthusiasm when he comes on. I am not sold on Sharpie as a bench option. Maybe Vicks would be more effective in that role, or maybe even Samo instead?
Higgers has been good off the bench for the last couple of weeks so it is hard to find a place for Samo as well.

Burgess, Higgers, Samo, TPN and Vickerman would all bring something to the game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Vickerman finished the full 80 for Uni unharmed, added a real physical presence for Uni. He needs to be in the 22.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Vickerman finished the full 80 for Uni unharmed, added a real physical presence for Uni. He needs to be in the 22.

I'd like to see how he goes against NZ or a first Bok XV for at least 40 minutes. I doubted he'd be able to compete at this level so quickly after such a long absence but I'm now think he'd go well and erase all doubts.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)

agree, he put on some great hits and was great in the tight.

i think higgers should start over mccalman, more impact needed from the first whistle, that said higgers needs to stay tight.

W

What2040

are there any reports on how Giteau went for University yesterday

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Of course not. Unlike our Kiwi brethren we always maintain a modicum of decency and grace after even the greatest of victories ;)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It will be damn tough for Aus to get near the ABs this week, they played pretty well for the 80 minutes.

Aus struggles to play well for 60

Status
Not open for further replies.