• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I think you blokes are looking good this year and are odds on favourites to have a turn with Lord Bledisloe. As for Bill,I think it's too early to predict and in a knockout tournament all bets are off until kickoff.

Bon we'll know more after the All Blacks lay the Saffas on Saturday. I doubt we're favourites for anything yet!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Do you guys remember that we lost to Samoa? I think that we will struggle to beat the All Blacks in NZ and as a result we wont win the Bledisloe. I know that the team has changed and improved a heap but I don't think SA were very good and they will be dished up against the AB's this weekend. The goal for the season should be playing as well as we can each week and winning the World Cup.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Off topic: as a 'new' Brisbanite, I'm stunned by how nice it is here in winter.

Welcome to God's country Groucho. A good Brisbane winter is awesome and it has been quite good this year. A bit cooler than normal but at least the rain has buggered of (knock wood).

H

H...

I think you blokes are looking good this year and are odds on favourites to have a turn with Lord Bledisloe. As for Bill,I think it's too early to predict and in a knockout tournament all bets are off until kickoff.

Heavens above - a Wallaby team "odds on" favourite to win in New Zealand?

If you think this, I would head to the nearest bookie.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
...It's going to be like 2003 where tbh I can see us ripping them up in game one at eden park, and us just getting home at suncorp like they did 8 years ago. gimme gimme bledisloe cup :)[/QUOTE]

I reckon we have a fair chance of winning but ripping them up is a big call. We need to do them to build pressure for the big CHOKE of 2011. Does anyone know of any other team in any sport that dominates as much as the Blecks but chokes in the big one?

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Hey Groucho. The good news is that more than likely it'll be dry like like this right thru till October November when we get a few storms in the arvo.

F

feed_me

Does anyone know of any other team in any sport that dominates as much as the Blecks but chokes in the big one?

I think the South African cricket team are the ultimate world cup chokers... wouldn't say they dominate the way the ABs do between tournies, but every world cup and 20/20 cup since 1996, they've gone in as the favourite or second favourite, and have still not won a single knock out match - despite generally being the most impressive through the group stages.

R

Rev Spooner

Don't know about us being favourites or ripping them up but we do have a good chance. Would like to see McCalman replaced by Samo and Robinson replace Hodgson on the bench. McCalman has worked hard but he fails to make an impact with the ball in hand or with his shoulder in defence. It's a tough call but we need a guy who can rip someone apart like Samo is capable of (he can have his lazy moments though, so take him off after 60min). Hodgson is in the same category, a hard worker but lacks the physical presence of Beau.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Eh? 2003? In 2003, a young Fijian winger by the name of Joe Rokocoko taught Wendell Sailor how to play wing as the All Blacks tore us apart 50-17 or thereabouts in Sydney. It's for that reason, my bet on the Wallabies by 1-12 paid so bloody well at the Tab after the World Cup Semi.

Are you suggesting the reverse is in store this time around? We tear them a new one in Auckland next weekend only to blow it in the World Cup?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't know about us being favourites or ripping them up but we do have a good chance. Would like to see McCalman replaced by Samo and Robinson replace Hodgson on the bench. McCalman has worked hard but he fails to make an impact with the ball in hand or with his shoulder in defence. It's a tough call but we need a guy who can rip someone apart like Samo is capable of (he can have his lazy moments though, so take him off after 60min). Hodgson is in the same category, a hard worker but lacks the physical presence of Beau.

Couldn't agree more. Samo may have 'lazy moments', but, for example, twice vs the Cru forwards this season he often made the right instant judgement at the breakdown or in the tackle, and thus his actual yield (vs impressive activity that gains little) in advantages gained and key moments won for the Reds forwards was high. He's not frenetic, but he is very effective for 50-60 mins, and he will have fresh memories as to how best to deal with many of the AB/Cru forwards. Also, as I've noted before, he's been excellent at exiting fast ball from a fragile scrum and getting it effectively to Genia.

R

Rev Spooner

McCalman did some good work from the back of the scrum against the Boks but our scrum was stable which I don't think it will be against the ABs. Samo just offers another dimension in attack and defence - and as RedsHappy says, his work at the back of the Reds pack was superb. That, coupled with his communication with Genia and Cooper, can only improve our chances.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Looking forward to the test in Auckland, also because myself and a few mates going over to it. Will have more thoughts how it will go after ABs play The Bokke this week, I tend to think how well Wallaby forwards stand up will be the answer, I not sure how good they were on weekend ,or how bad Boks were.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
It will be difficult to judge on this weekends game, AB's are not fielding the A team, Boks have had a bit of time together to iron out the kinks. It could be close.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It will be difficult to judge on this weekends game, AB's are not fielding the A team, Boks have had a bit of time together to iron out the kinks. It could be a bit closer than a 50 point thrashing.

Fixed that for you.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Please don't bring Burgess back. Phipps has a better fundimental skill set and the game time will build experience.

Where is Slipper at? Will he be ready>?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I would have samo in the team just for his work at the back of the scrum getting the ball out to genia. Positional play like that takes years to master.

Status
Not open for further replies.