• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations - AUS v SAF 23rd July 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I can't wait to see Horwill and Pocock run out in the same pack. Together they are going to cause some serious headaches for our opposition. Absolutely amaizing athletes the pair of them.

have they actually played for the Wallabies together before?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Fixed. He just seems totally ineffective around the paddock.

What's with Deysel? A couple of years ago I went fark, look at this unit. Big, fast, big hits but he just doesn't seem to make an impact on the game?

Love your quote Blue, fucking gold

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yes, mainly on the 2009 EOYT.

In fact one of our best performances was that Wales match in 2009 and guess what, it was the last time Pocock and Horwill started.

And the last time we played on a Saturday night guess what, we wolloped the French.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can't say iv been that excited to watch the wallabies again after last week, but I imagine the boys are as keen as I am to get the ball rolling again as soon as possible, and I think there is an opportunity this week to turn things around.

I am particularly encouraged by a few things

- the addition of Pocock and Horwill is a big improvement to the pack. I would name both of them in a world 15 on current form. I cant say that about any other wallabies forwards
- Genia’s the world’s best half back. We could have really used his running an passing, nous and experience last week. Phipps had a shocker.
- Elsom didn’t do much last week. But he played the 80 minutes like he said he would and that’s more than I expected him to do. He’ll no doubt be starting to warm up this week so I’m hopeful we are going to see some improvement from his game this week which will hopefully continue up to the world cup.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Can't say iv been that excited to watch the wallabies again after last week, but I imagine the boys are as keen as I am to get the ball rolling again as soon as possible, and I think there is an opportunity this week to turn things around.

Had a quick chat with squeak earlier in the week, he said he was keen to play Monday, just to make amends. Think they have well and truly received the wake up call and will come out firing.

Sent from my transformer using tapatalk

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Tell you what, I just rewatched the Aus vs Samoa game an hour ago, and I thought Phipps went pretty well all things being considered.

I think he was a given a bit to harsh of a wrap from everyone. He didn't play a good game, or even an average one. But there was far worse players out there than him.

I thought he started well in particular.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Yes, mainly on the 2009 EOYT.

In fact one of our best performances was that Wales match in 2009 and guess what, it was the last time Pocock and Horwill started.

Hold this happy thought. When Benny A last looked like a good tight head, it was Horwill packing and driving behind him. They were part of a domminat scrum that tour.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Had a quick chat with squeak earlier in the week, he said he was keen to play Monday, just to make amends. Think they have well and truly received the wake up call and will come out firing.

Sent from my transformer using tapatalk

Bloody hope so Timmsy. Big, big game this one.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

I am particularly encouraged by a few things

- the addition of Pocock and Horwill is a big improvement to the pack. I would name both of them in a world 15 on current form. I cant say that about any other wallabies forwards
- Genia’s the world’s best half back. We could have really used his running an passing, nous and experience last week. Phipps had a shocker.
- Elsom didn’t do much last week. But he played the 80 minutes like he said he would and that’s more than I expected him to do. He’ll no doubt be starting to warm up this week so I’m hopeful we are going to see some improvement from his game this week which will hopefully continue up to the world cup.

To be fair, I thought Phipps was hung out to dry by his team mates. No support from his pack at all. As a junior squad member in his first test, my biggest critisism of him was he was timid in bossing his pack around the park. Experience and being understudy to Genia will fix this for him. I admired the guts he showed and I don't think he was to bad under trying circumstances.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
What's with Deysel? A couple of years ago I went fark, look at this unit. Big, fast, big hits but he just doesn't seem to make an impact on the game?

Every time a big new player comes on the scene most SA fans crap their pants because he has a few bulldozing runs or smashed a couple of people. I learned a while ago to be wary. I don't like to bad mouth players, but let's just say there is room for improvement in Deysel's game. What good is it if he makes 3 meters but does so over a 10 second period and presents slow ball? As always it's down to the rugby brain and keeping it in the Sharks I have a cunning plan to transplant Keegan Daniel's head onto Deysel's body.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
To be fair, I thought Phipps was hung out to dry by his team mates. No support from his pack at all. As a junior squad member in his first test, my biggest critisism of him was he was timid in bossing his pack around the park. Experience and being understudy to Genia will fix this for him. I admired the guts he showed and I don't think he was to bad under trying circumstances.

Exactly right mate. He was understandably a bit gun shy when it came to revving up his forwards, which led to him having to get down and dirty far too often. Still, it's good to know that he doesn't mind getting stuck into the rough stuff.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
It's still pissing down in Sydney. I can see Morné Steyne being the man of the match. Gerrard should be playing in this one now.

I still remember his commanding kicking game for the Brumbies in Sydney a few years ago in these conditions, albeit in a losing team.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
It's still pissing down in Sydney. I can see Morné Steyne being the man of the match. Gerrard should be playing in this one now.

I still remember his commanding kicking game for the Brumbies in Sydney a few years ago in these conditions, albeit in a losing team.

Oom Lee dont give me hope.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Gerrard does have a very good boot but I'd rather bring in some like Turner for Ioane. Turner's probably got the best boot out of the wingers and the step down is much less than Gerrard to Beale.

T

TOCC

Turner might have a big boot but his not very astute with it, these conditions would suit Gerrard starting 15.. But I'm interested to see how KB (Kurtley Beale) handles it

Status
Not open for further replies.