• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations - AUS v SAF 23rd July 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It amazes me that Sharpe has been singled out for the ruck deficiencies when as we saw illustrated so clearly on the Rugby CLub last night all three backrowers were within 10 metres of a couple of rucks that got turned over and not one of them committed to the Ruck and that includes this board's favourite Elsom.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Since Elsoms return from Ireland he has got to be one of Australia's most over-rated players. At the time there were no other 6's around but now we have Higgers and Samo who are very impactful players. Higgers is playing a tighter game these days (take a look at the super 15 final) and deserves a shot. Samo is just a freak and his impact on the field is amazing. I dont think Elsom has the time to get in better form then Higgers/Samo before RWC and should be starting from the bench.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It amazes me that Sharpe has been singled out for the ruck deficiencies when as we saw illustrated so clearly on the Rugby CLub last night all three backrowers were within 10 metres of a couple of rucks that got turned over and not one of them committed to the Ruck and that includes this board's favourite Elsom.

What rubbish. I would suggest there are plenty of people here who dislike Elsom, much as there are plenty who like him.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Since Elsoms return from Ireland he has got to be one of Australia's most over-rated players. At the time there were no other 6's around but now we have Higgers and Samo who are very impactful players. Higgers is playing a tighter game these days (take a look at the super 15 final) and deserves a shot. Samo is just a freak and his impact on the field is amazing. I dont think Elsom has the time to get in better form then Higgers/Samo before RWC and should be starting from the bench.

I'm very interested to see how how he goes in the Tri-Nations.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Had they started with Lambie at the back and Rossouw and Deysel on the park I would have had a little bit more hope.

It's going to be very very wet.

Well I agree with Oom Lee about Morne. The wet field will fit him and Ruaan like a glove. If our pack provide them with enough pill they should be more then able to apply pressure via the boot. You can also expect to see a lot of Ashley Johnson in this one. He have the ability to pitch up at the right places when the game is slow. Aplon have a huge role to play here. He'll be even more slippery in the mud. Did not learn his trade at the Cape of Storms for nothing.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Re Sharpe - Qwerty said some time back that Vickerman would be favoured and Sharpe on the outer. I remember him being accused of trolling.

Re kicking - Coopers kicking game has come on in leaps and bounds this year. If we are going to play a kicking intense style of game, just watch Genia drop back as he did for the Reds this year.

Wanting Ioane replaced by Turner just makes no sense. Digby will be used trucking a lot of ball up keeping the game tight.

We also have some players in that backline who are very astute at securing high ball such as Genia, Cooper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). I bet SA try a lot of them and I think we have it covered well.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
No underestimating the boks here. What I see is a team of players who have an opportunity which is a dangerous thing. Wallabies got thier arse kicked for underestimating Samoa.

I will be interested to see how Ashley Johnson goes. I like him for his great year with the Cheetahs but I am curious to see if he has any impact at international level.

BTW - Welcome to the forum.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It has stopped raining in Sydney for the first time in about 3 days. It will probably be drizzling on and off all day, but hopefully the rain will be all but gone by 8pm.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
apparantly the grass at ANZ hasnt been mowed this week as is per normal before a game, so its quite long, meaning a very slow track. kicking all night it is.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
ANZ was used last night for the Bulldogs/Eels game, wasn't it?

yep, being used tomorrow as well for a souths game, its sure gonna earn its keep.

does anyone know when there making a decision on quade, radio said he was out, smh says he will be fine.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Isn't the plan to move KB (Kurtley Beale) or O'Connor to 10 if Quade can't recover.

I hope to fuck he does, but in the wet weather I cannot imagine him having the same razzle dazzle effect

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Isn't the plan to move KB (Kurtley Beale) or O'Connor to 10 if Quade can't recover.

I hope to fuck he does, but in the wet weather I cannot imagine him having the same razzle dazzle effect

SMH said JOC (James O'Connor) trained at 10 yesterday.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
yep, being used tomorrow as well for a souths game, its sure gonna earn its keep.

does anyone know when there making a decision on quade, radio said he was out, smh says he will be fine.

WJ - they seem to be saying today he'll play tonight. How anyone recovers adequately in 24 hrs from 'the flu and gastroenteritis' he was meant have developed yesterday is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.