• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC 2016: Matches not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Jerome Garces is doing a good job of talking about the scrum but doesn't fix the fucking problem.

When the front rows are too far apart they will collapse 95% of the time. He puts a mark in the ground, the Sa hooker puts his foot next to it, then when everyone else packs he moves back a foot. He then incorrectly free kicks against Argentina because they HAVE to push on engage just to REACH the Sa front row.

This happens ALL THE TIME!

I noticed the SA front row doing exactly the same thing last week as well.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Jeeze there's a drop in intensity compared to what the Wobs have been through over the last couple of weeks.

Look at the defensive line on that first try. Barely get up at all

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^ Only saw the second half but, yeah, I think your blokes should go OK against both of them, Argentina damn near choked but Sethfricka just weren't good enough to capitalise. Loved Steyn missing what would've been the match- winner, serves them right for continuing to pick dinosaurs. I know Pollard's injured but Steyn? Even as a reserve, he's well past his best by date.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
^^^^^^^^^^ Only saw the second half but, yeah, I think your blokes should go OK against both of them, Argentina damn near choked but Sethfricka just weren't good enough to capitalise. Loved Steyn missing what would've been the match- winner, serves them right for continuing to pick dinosaurs. I know Pollard's injured but Steyn? Even as a reserve, he's well past his best by date.

Wait........Morne Steyn? Even with the quotas to fill? From an SA perspective it would be better to start Jantjies (played better & fills the quota)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^ Jantjies started but came off early in the second 40, not sure if injured or hooked. Looking forward to @MHCS's match review, should be up soon (expect lots of !!!!!!!!!!!!!'s unless @LeeGrant edits them out :))

Reactions: mst

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
^^^^^^^^^^ Jantjies started but came off early in the second 40, not sure if injured or hooked. Looking forward to @MHCS's match review, should be up soon (expect lots of !!!!!!!!!!!!!'s unless @LeeGrant edits them out :))

Jantjes all but fell to pieces.

He has not controlled a test match yet. Seems to be unable to take the step up I'm afraid.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bokke have more than injury problems. If this continues nobody will sponsor them and nobody will bother to spend money to watch them and they may soon lose their spot in the Southern hemisphere competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.