• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I think Damien Fitzpatrick is flying under the radar and is definitely a chance at making a Wallaby squad at some point this year. He's very reliable at the lineout and gets through a good amount of work around the field and is a pretty good ball player. I think he has been good this year. He's a Waratah as well which clearly puts him head and shoulders above players of similar ability. ;)

Yeah, I don't know what was going on last year with selection to not see him and the two older (but still younger than TPN and Moore) Brumbies Hookers not even in the squad.
Sometimes most of the time, I really wonder what goes into Cheika's squad selection. Is it something like this?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, I don't know what was going on last year with selection to not see him and the two older (but still younger than TPN and Moore) Brumbies Hookers not even in the squad.
Sometimes most of the time, I really wonder what goes into Cheika's squad selection. Is it something like this?

Fitzpatrick wasn't playing well last year though. His set piece work wasn't nearly as good and his form around the park was only average.

Brumbies hookers? Josh Mann-Rea is 5 years older than TPN and 2 years older than Moore. Saia Fainga'a is a year and a half younger than TPN and hasn't been close to Wallabies form for years.

Did you watch any rugby last year?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
TPN is the obvious and probably well deserved pick at 2 for the mid year tests.

However maybe there should be a view on the EOYT to bring the new guy in
ready for the RWC. I reckon Taf could be a bit past it by then.

There are now 3 solid contenders
Uelese, BPA and I believe Damian Fitzpatrick

Funny thing about the hookers. BPA wasn't even in the frame for a Super side a couple of months ago and is now being touted as a Wallaby. Fitzpatrick is really a standard Super player and only has age on his side to be thought of ahead of the youngsters who have been around the squad now for a little while.

TPN and Uelese should be shoe-ins for the 23 in the June tests.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Fitzpatrick wasn't playing well last year though. His set piece work wasn't nearly as good and his form around the park was only average.

Brumbies hookers? Josh Mann-Rea is 5 years older than TPN and 2 years older than Moore. Saia Fainga'a is a year and a half younger than TPN and hasn't been close to Wallabies form for years.

Jesus, I knew the Brumbies lads were old but I didn't think they were THAT old!

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Saia Fainga'a is a year and a half younger than TPN and hasn't been close to Wallabies form for years.

Folau Fainga'a on the other hand.........
I'd say Mann-Rea is a good 4th choice, the kind of guy who puts in a good shift when the best are all injured, but he's out for the season so no point in discussing him. Abel is trash. Folau Fainga'a has potential, but Uelese has much more, and his current ability is much higher as well.

Defs should be TPN, and then either Uelese or Fitzpatrick.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Safe to say of the 3 hookers that will be in the June squad one of them will be TPN and one Uelese.

TPN will be there if hes fit enough, if he starts or not thats another question and Uelese will be there purely out of talent and potential, plus his form has been solid without being spectacular, they also won't just toss him aside after the time invested last year. If Uelese is picked on game day might be another matter

Which leaves one spot and i think it's either BPA or Fainga'a, Fainga'a had interest around him last year, so we know Cheika is a fan. Both are in fairly good form, i think we might have Fainga'a in the squad as they will see it an opportunity for TPN to mentor him and Uelese cause you never know what will happen to TPN in the coming year.

Happy to support whoever it is as they have all performed fairly well this year when given the chance.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)

Based on quite a few of ZC's posts, I think you can guess the answer to that without too much effort

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Having lived in England i can confirm you would spend at least 6 months in a year in Australia cause it's fucking miserable in the winter. Particularly when you start going up North.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Having lived in England i can confirm you would spend at least 6 months in a year in Australia cause it's fucking miserable in the winter. Particularly when you start going up North.

North or South, winter is miserable. Unless climate change is affecting things. The most miserable aspect, for me, was that the period of daylight was so short. Driving to work, and back home again, in the dark every day. Getting out and having a jog in the mornings was bloody unpleasant.

Give me the sun every time.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
North or South, winter is miserable. Unless climate change is affecting things. The most miserable aspect, for me, was that the period of daylight was so short. Driving to work, and back home again, in the dark every day. Getting out and having a jog in the mornings was bloody unpleasant.

Supposedly, climate change is actually going to make England colder by shifting/weakening the Gulf Stream.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)

Summer is even pretty bloody miserable in the north of the UK. Tried to live there couple years back, didn’t make a full year.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Re naiyarovoro, after tonight I’m thinking that rather than have him in 23 and a utility in 22, why not start him and have the utility in 23