• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It's a worry if Hodge is already in the mix. Agree with all the others though.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Hodge has played what, two and a half games of professional rugby? He's miles away. I'd be shocked if Timani, Reid, and Inman got looks as well.

Not sure Cottrell has really kicked on either. Looks pretty close apart from that.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
He's played three games, one where he got shuffled around and had 2 trys covering up his mistakes, then a couple of reasonably anonymous games, one off the bench. Not yet.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Considering how bad the coaching stocks are in Australian rugby, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Cheika is just trying to get as many players as he can into camp for a few days so he can teach them more than they've been taught all season for their province.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think he's on the money. You look across his hypothetical XV and there's plenty of quality. Cheika has what now has to be the unquestioned ability to get the most of players. He's a master at taking a group of blokes and making them better than they were before. Watching Rugby 360 he clearly has that as his aim and in the short time he's had as Wallaby coach he's shown me enough to confirm it.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I think he's on the money. You look across his hypothetical XV and there's plenty of quality. Cheika has what now has to be the unquestioned ability to get the most of players. He's a master at taking a group of blokes and making them better than they were before. Watching Rugby 360 he clearly has that as his aim and in the short time he's had as Wallaby coach he's shown me enough to confirm it.

One thing I am worried about was his comment about, 'I'm not here to hope people make it, I am going to say to those blokes I'm putting my faith in you and your coming with'.

Chieka was the mind behind bringing over Angus Taavao. My question is with Kepu and Holmes almost out of the picture next season, is he one of those players Chieka is going to invest time in and say 'Hey you you're coming with me'?

Because let's be honest he has done absolutely nothing to warrant weekly Waratah selection let alone Wallaby camp selection, even if it was just to introduce a few new players to the system.

A few others include Latu, Skelton, Alexander.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Will be surprised if Cottrill, Kerevi, Hunt, Timani, Inman and Hodge get capped, and doubly so if Ita Vaea doesn't.

Cottrill is good value but too many in front of him imo. Same goes for Gill barring injuries. Maybe same for Reid too.

T

TOCC

I don't know how Ta'avao was selected ahead of guys like Talakai.. He might be coming off the bench but has already show infinitely more potential then Angus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It's a big squad, one of the purposes is have young new cattle involved, being exposed.
I don't think we should have an issue with some of the new young boys included, they may progress next year or the year after.
I'd be concerned about including ones in the latter half of their career though.

T

TOCC

It's a big squad, one of the purposes is have young new cattle involved, being exposed.
I don't think we should have an issue with some of the new young boys included, they may progress next year or the year after.
I'd be concerned about including ones in the latter half of their career though.

That's the issue, if it's such a big squad and aimed a exposing new cattle then why aren't guys like Talakai or Makin brought in who have both displayed far superior scrummaging ability then Ta'avao.. Did I also read that Alexander missed out behind this guy?

To be fair the rest of the squad looks fine, it's just this one player, I don't think he should be within a mile of the Wallabies jersey or squad.

T

TOCC

From the daily telegraph:

Props who attended the camp were Ta’avao, Scott Sio, Alan Ala'alatoa, Laurie Weeks, Toby Smith, James Slipper and Greg Holmes, while the Force’s Tetera Faulkner was invited.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
From the daily telegraph:

Props who attended the camp were Ta’avao, Scott Sio, Alan Ala'alatoa, Laurie Weeks, Toby Smith, James Slipper and Greg Holmes, while the Force’s Tetera Faulkner was invited.

Ta'avao??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

He doesn't even derserve the Tahs jersey

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Ta'avao??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

He doesn't even derserve the Tahs jersey

But according to many Tahs' fans here, he was only included to hold the tackle bags. Funny that, as there was no actual running and ball work at all according to Cheika, but merely a big talk fest.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
But according to many Tahs' fans here, he was only included to hold the tackle bags. Funny that, as there was no actual running and ball work at all according to Cheika, but merely a big talk fest.

"But his unworthy ears deserve not to hear the sacred words".

Reactions: TSR
T

TOCC

If Ta'avao is included in the Wallaby squad for the June Test series this forum will go into meltdown..

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If Ta'avao is included in the Wallaby squad for the June Test series this forum will go into meltdown..

If Cheika selects him in the wider squad then good stuff for Ta'avao.

Frankly I hold Cheika's opinion on selections a lot higher than the Posters om G&G (other than a couple)