• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Also I can't believe we are getting outraged about Cheika selections, when history suggests he is shooting at 100% in this area.

We all ranted about Douglas, Giteau, Mitchell, Mumm etc when they were picked, only to become central players in our outstanding RWC campaign.

While Ta'avao might be a stretch, I am more than willing to give Cheik the benefit of the doubt when it comes to any and all left-field selection decisions.

no way, if I find Ta'avao has been selected I'm gonna start tearing shit up

giphy.gif

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
No mention of Ta'avao anywhere that I've seen. I have had a crack based on what I have read and what I know - I would be anywhere between 90 & 100% certain of the 41 on the list and then the other 4 would have to come from the groups after that. I have also included a Western Force contenders list for good measure, and FWIW there are plenty on the lists at the end who I wouldn't personally consider but I have tried to do this in a balanced fashion based on either prior Wallaby experience or form:
  • 1. Israel Folau
  • 2. Kurtley Beale
  • 3. Bernard Foley
  • 4. Michael Hooper
  • 5. Rob Horne
  • 6. Tolu Latu
  • 7. Dean Mumm
  • 8. Nick Phipps
  • 9. Tatafu Polota-Nau
  • 10. Will Skelton
  • 11. Toby Smith
  • 12. James Hanson
  • 13. Laurie Weeks
  • 14. Luke Jones
  • 15. Lopeti Timani
  • 16. Sean McMahon
  • 17. Nic Stirzaker
  • 18. Dom Shipperley
  • 19. Tom English
  • 20. Sefanaia Naivalu
  • 21. Mike Harris
  • 22. Karmichael Hunt
  • 23. Eto Nabuli
  • 24. Samu Kerevi
  • 25. Rob Simmons
  • 26. James Slipper
  • 27. Nick Frisby
  • 28. Greg Holmes
  • 29. Liam Gill
  • 30. Kane Douglas
  • 31. Rory Arnold
  • 32. Allan Ala'alatoa
  • 33. Scott Sio
  • 34. Matt To'omua
  • 35. David Pocock
  • 36. Tevita Kuridrani
  • 37. Stephen Moore
  • 38. Joe Tomane
  • 39. Christian Leali’ifano
  • 40. Scott Fardy
  • 41. Sam Carter

Reds: Jake Schatz/Sam Talakai/Cadeyrn Neville/Chris Feauai-Sautia/Anthony Fainga’a/Ben Daley/ Saia Fainga’a

Waratahs: Benn Robinson/Paddy Ryan/Angus Ta’avao/Wycliff Palu/Dave Dennis/Jed Holloway

Rebels: Jack Debreczeni

Brumbies: Ita Vaea/Josh Mann-Rea/Ben Alexander/Jarrad Butler/Henry Speight

Western Force: Adam Coleman/Matt Hodgson/Ben McCalman/Tetera Faulkner/Pek Cowan/Nathan Charles/Dane Haylett-Petty/Luke Morahan/Kyle Godwin/Angus Cottrell

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
He has it posted as #repost.

I'm not sure that is from this current Wallabies camp.

Are you joking? Just when did Taávao attend any other Wallaby camp? If he did, I have certainly missed something - perhaps like selecting Aussie eligible players from NZ sides?

BTW - I insist on retaining my right to be outraged by any outlandish selection/attendance at a Wallaby function.

D

daz

Half the Wallaby squad have gone overseas for a pension, and Mitch still doesn't get an invite to a camp featuring every professional player in the country, 2 months out from a Test match.

I am slowly coming to the realisation that he may never get a Gold jersey.

I'd like to be alone for a moment, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
most of the Sydney based players are there, which is fair enough as they head into a bye. Why not take them in as well?

Yeah, pretty sure this has been standard practice for as long as I've followed the Wallabies - especially with the camps leading into June.

Somebody has to hold the bags and stand on the scrum machine.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Are you joking? Just when did Taávao attend any other Wallaby camp? If he did, I have certainly missed something - perhaps like selecting Aussie eligible players from NZ sides?

BTW - I insist on retaining my right to be outraged by any outlandish selection/attendance at a Wallaby function.
I didn't realise Luke Jones was in the photo. I thought it was just a Waratahs event.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Half the Wallaby squad have gone overseas for a pension, and Mitch still doesn't get an invite to a camp featuring every professional player in the country, 2 months out from a Test match.

I am slowly coming to the realisation that he may never get a Gold jersey.

I'd like to be alone for a moment, please.

Mitch will only thrive when you stop being such a helicopter parent, and he can truly express himself.

D

daz

Mitch will only thrive when you stop being such a helicopter parent, and he can truly express himself.

Ok, I'll back off. So I should only send his headshot and CV to Cheiks 20 times a week?

My internet provider won't be pleased with the loss of excess data revenue, but I suppose regaining a bit of bandwidth would be appreciated.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ok, I'll back off. So I should only send his headshot and CV to Cheiks 20 times a week?

My internet provider won't be pleased with the loss of excess data revenue, but I suppose regaining a bit of bandwidth would be appreciated.

It's your call, but Cheika still has golf clubs, and a free reign to travel around a lot, even to Melbourne...........

Reactions: daz

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Cheika indicated on Rugby 360 that some of the o/s players who are not getting a lot of game time could be in the mix for selection against the English in June. Will Genia was a particular mention.

Others who are struggling for game time, he seemed to be saying he was asking their intentions (maybe even encouraging them) about returning next year and then they'd be able to be considered for the RC and EOYT.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The news last week was that Genia will likely be unavailable, as he's still a few months away from being able to play rugby again.........

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Non regulars who I would definitely expect to get proper squad representation of not capped (or further caps) in 2016 are

Force: Coleman, Cottrell, DHP

Rebels: Hanson, Weeks, Timani, Reid, stirzaker Inman (hopefully) and Hodge

Brums: Ala'alatoa, Arnold

Tahs: Holloway

Reds: Neville, Gill, Kerevi, Hunt