• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Rugby Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^ or maybe TGC's just playing mind games? Whatevs. Bring. It. On. Love to see how that kicking game thingo they're thinking about works out for y'all.

Meanwhile in Pukekohe (where else?) AB's played a 2 X 40-min warmup v Northland & Counties-Manukau:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...le-game-time-in-all-blacks-provincial-hit-out

Wouldn't read too much into some of the selections but Crotty & Moala getting an extended run together & Savea getting 52min has gotta be some kind of indication of the 23 Shag & co. will pick.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Typical Foxsports bullshit, Cheika has said nothing about QC (Quade Cooper), Fox have just taken Foley's comments about kicking and then made up a story. Par for the course.

I wouldnt have QC (Quade Cooper) anywhere near my squad, but obviously Cheika sees something we cant!

Cheka probably sees what we would all like to see. Quade back to his BEST
The question that would be going through Cheks mind is that IF he picked QC (Quade Cooper) on the expection of his "X" factor blah blah, would he actually bring it to the game.

Foley is "safe"

To beat the AB's we probably don't need "safe"

Is it worth the risk?

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Well, if Cheika is going to start Cooper, then I'd imagine that -- unlike last year -- it'd have to be in Sydney, rather than at Eden Park.

That decision was just mean spirited.

EDIT: Interestingly, Foley has never faced the All Blacks at Eden Park from the pivot position. In fact he's only ever played one test at Eden Park, and that was coming off the bench to play at second-five in 2014.

Cooper, on the other hand, has ventured into the maelstrom four times. Not only that, but he as started in each of those four tests. Should probably be in line for some kind of medal by now.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cheika has also indicated that Folau will remain at fullback..............

I think we'll see the exact same backline from the RWC Final, with the possible exception of halfback depending on Genia's fitness:

9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Folau

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foley's biggest letdown in the English series was his kicking..........

Otherwise he was good in general play..........

I doubt he'll be losing his spot to Cooper anytime soon.

T

TOCC

Foley
Foley's biggest letdown in the English series was his kicking....

Otherwise he was good in general play....

I doubt he'll be losing his spot to Cooper anytime soon.

But that was a massive let down and the poor kicking was a major reason the Wallabies lost that series IMO, unless Foley has made serious improvements in his kicking then I certainly think that the position is up for grabs.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Id be very surprised if Foley is not one of the first picked but I reckon we will see QC (Quade Cooper) during the RC and moving forward with both Giteau and To'omua out of the picture in the near future.
Quade does have skills and a decent kicking game but his temperament is questionable. That may change at some point as he matures......further. Also without KB (Kurtley Beale) he does bring some attacking flair that is sorely missing. Cheika says there is a succession plan in the wings so maybe we will see Hodge introduced in the next month or so? Exciting times.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I get that most posters think that Foley is the best No 10 in the Aus Super Rugby sides (personally I think Matt To'omua is a better option, but...) but he has too many deficiencies in his game to be consistently able to guide the Wallabies to wins. While he is almost certain to start at 10 in the RC and probably EOYT, I hope that Quade does sign for the Reds and gets a season of playing with Kerevi at 12 to forge a partnership there that cannot be ignored. I truly believe Kerevi will be our outstanding No 12 within a year, and it is just troubling that his future prospects might be hindered by a No 10 who needs a play maker at 12 to earn his spot.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I get that most posters think that Foley is the best No 10 in the Aus Super Rugby sides (personally I think Matt To'omua is a better option, but.) but he has too many deficiencies in his game to be consistently able to guide the Wallabies to wins. While he is almost certain to start at 10 in the RC and probably EOYT, I hope that Quade does sign for the Reds and gets a season of playing with Kerevi at 12 to forge a partnership there that cannot be ignored. I truly believe Kerevi will be our outstanding No 12 within a year, and it is just troubling that his future prospects might be hindered by a No 10 who needs a play maker at 12 to earn his spot.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Kerevi is a great 12.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Kerevi is could be a great 12.

corrected Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, I sincerely hope Samu cuts the mustard as an excellent 12 for Queensland and Australia but he's not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.