• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Rugby Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think this was a case. But I don't think it reflects Cheika not wanting them. I think it reflects Euro clubs putting pressure on players to go overseas and Cheika and the players reluctantly accepting to avoid any tension with new clubs.

Gits on the other hand: "F$*K it I'm playing for the wallabies".

Still very impressed with Gits commitment to play for the Wallabies and forgo over $200k to do so. Got mine and suspect many other Wallaby supporters respect for that. And hope his form warrants selection as he has shown what the Wallaby jersey means to him and what you want from a player who is representing his country.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Frankly I care more about the Wallabies than I do about Liam Gill, as much as I sympathise with his situation.

Cheika wants to win every match, and having solid back-up options in every position is paramount over a long RC campaign.

There is only a 5% chance Gill will be required, but I'd be ropable if we lost Hooper and Pocock and didn't have Gilly on hand to step into the breach.

I wish they'd done the same for Greg Holmes.

It doesn't make sense though for Holmes to be let go. Clearly the second best prop in the country and I'd have thought a no brainer keeping him. Extremely strange call to then keep Gill.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Toulon held back Cooper from the Sevens team even though they agreed initially that he could go to 4 tournaments. then they held back Giteau just to be painful. Now the only player who is kept back (with 3 Wallabies ahead of him) was due to head to Toulon. I don't think it's a coincidence.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Nine Lions, six "chicken runners" & two discarded 7's players added to 'Bokke squad for first two rounds:

Ruan Combrinck, Damian de Allende, Lood de Jager, Juan de Jongh, Faf de Klerk, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Eben Etzebeth, Johan Goosen, Bryan Habana, Francois Hougaard, Elton Jantjies, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, Jaco Kriel, Jesse Kriel, Francois Louw, Lionel Mapoe, Malcolm Marx, Bongi Mbonambi, Teboho Mohoje, Franco Mostert, Tendai Mtawarira, Lwazi Mvovo, Sikhumbuzo Notshe, Trevor Nyakane, Rudy Paige, Julian Redelinghuys, Morne Steyn, Adriaan Strauss (c), Duane Vermeulen, Warren Whiteley

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/goosen-named-in-springbok-rugby-championship-squad/

I'm sure I read somewhere that FLouw had made himself unavailable, musta had a change of heart.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Telling me, especially when Toulon have this as a pre-season team building exercise;

rgdvq9m.jpg
https://igcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/t51.2885-15/e35/13827238_316255242050243_343958629_n.jpg
Looks like lights-on time at Trade.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It doesn't make sense though for Holmes to be let go. Clearly the second best prop in the country and I'd have thought a no brainer keeping him. Extremely strange call to then keep Gill.

You need to get over it. !!!!

PS By the way he was the best THP in the country

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
You need to get over it. !!!!

PS By the way he was the best THP in the country

Lol again

Did you read the post I quoted?? Yacking on about how Cheika kept Gill because he wants depth and to win every game blah blah and then the contradiction to letting Holmes go. No issue for me just don't think it's fair to Gill and think the reasons proposed are a bit messed up. Would prefer the ARU did not play Toulon's games.

Thanks for caring so much about my opinion though. Makes me all warm inside. Several people expressed similar thoughts so singling me out truly is flattering.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Lol again

Did you read the post I quoted?? Yacking on about how Cheika kept Gill because he wants depth and to win every game blah blah and then the contradiction to letting Holmes go. No issue for me just don't think it's fair to Gill and think the reasons proposed are a bit messed up. Would prefer the ARU did not play Toulon's games.

Thanks for caring so much about my opinion though. Makes me all warm inside. Several people expressed similar thoughts so singling me out truly is flattering.

No worries - happy to do so

Always try and live by that old saying "Do unto others ..."

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
SBW has partially ruptured his Achilles so you'd think he's out've at least the RC if not the rest of the season. Must bring Lienert-Brown into the equation.

EDIT: now being reported as a 6-9 month injury. Tana will NOT be pleased.........

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
SBW has partially ruptured his Achilles so you'd think he's out've at least the RC if not the rest of the season. Must bring Lienert-Brown into the equation.

Centre's probably the only weak spot in the All Blacks. Probably shouldn't even call it a weakness.. more of a development in progress whereas everywhere else has a depth of development already.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)

40894e89-6b32-4580-9b63-2d7a83328f62_zpswu1ubnrp.jpg

Moala partnered with last man standing Grotty Crotty, who plugs a hole until Halley's Comet Rieko Ioane's scheduled flyby, sometime during 2016 EOYT

Or just put both Ioane brothers in the centres and see what happens.....

They've already left Rio

jailbreak_zps2a2few9v.gif

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^ surely Moala's in the 23 already?

12. Crotty
13. Fekitoa
22. Moala

I'd swap Fekitoa & Moala but that's the way I think Shag & co. will pick it for Bled 1.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Moala partnered with last man standing Grotty Crotty, who plugs a hole until Halley's Comet Rieko Ioane's scheduled flyby, sometime during 2016 EOYT

Or just put both Ioane brothers in the centres and see what happens...

They've already left Rio

They will have soon. Not like they have to stick around for the finals or anything.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd imagine that would be

fardy poey hoops v Timani, mccalman & mcmahon in the backrows......simmons & douglas v coleman & skelton, with mumm having a coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.