• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
Jeez throwing a few haymakers in a rugby game is now assault? Whats happened to this world.
imagine what the punches they throw in jail rugby are called- attempted murder?

parkfootyenthusiast2

Herbert Moran (7)
Left out the bit where he flipped off the Pats fans immediately prior
A subbies rugby crowd can't expect to 'support' for 80 minutes (plenty of verbal abuse) and then get their knickers in a knot when someone waves goodbye to them when they've won the game. To me, that's a good bit of harmless back and forth between both parties. Belting the bloke when he's got his arm extended to shake your hand is making something verbal and good natured physical, so to me at least, that's where the line was crossed.

21mm

Allen Oxlade (6)
A subbies rugby crowd can't expect to 'support' for 80 minutes (plenty of verbal abuse) and then get their knickers in a knot when someone waves goodbye to them when they've won the game. To me, that's a good bit of harmless back and forth between both parties. Belting the bloke when he's got his arm extended to shake your hand is making something verbal and good natured physical, so to me at least, that's where the line was crossed.
100%, if you want to interact with the players and dish out some banter from the sidelines you have to take your licks if the result does not go your way.

Ive copped heaps as a player, (that one time when someone told me my gut was offside still haunts me), and ive dished out as a supporter but if you cant give/ receive a beer post match then i think you may need a thicker skin.

This all goes without saying, but its different if a line was crossed.

The Wombat

Chris McKivat (8)
I mean, flipping off the Pats crowd right in front of a Pats player and then going to shake his hand… you gotta expect that exchange to not go well.

SubbiesSoftie

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm sure there's some people here with better eyesight than me but I haven't been able to locate this 'welcoming handshake' or the associated 'haymakers'
Looked like a bunch of shirt fronting to me

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I’d be surprised if we dont see them back in div 1 in a couple of years. Would ne so good for comp to see a strong Penrith in subbies again.

I think it's important we have all the clubs we can get.

It certainly would create an interesting dynamic out this way.

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
I’d be surprised if we dont see them back in div 1 in a couple of years. Would ne so good for comp to see a strong Penrith in subbies again.
I wonder what this will mean for Blue Mountains if Penrith start to grow again. There success hasn’t been due to Penrith not being there but they have benefited from being the only side in the area. It happens in the East so no reason why we can’t have to big Div 1 clubs in the West close to each other

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
St Pats will enjoy the big Newport crowd at Porters this weekend.
Was going to tip 5-0 sweep to Newport this week but I see they’ve gone off early celebrating a well earned club championship. So I’ll go a split with Pats getting the win in 2s and Colts. Interestingly if Newport loose Colts they could find themselves dropping to third and being jumped by Uni.

Seems like only the other day this forum was writing off the end of Unis success over previous years and now they look like they can win at least a couple of premierships this year

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
Was going to tip 5-0 sweep to Newport this week but I see they’ve gone off early celebrating a well earned club championship. So I’ll go a split with Pats getting the win in 2s and Colts. Interestingly if Newport loose Colts they could find themselves dropping to third and being jumped by Uni.

Seems like only the other day this forum was writing off the end of Unis success over previous years and now they look like they can win at least a couple of premierships this year

UNI are definately peaking at the right time. Newport have a ton of outs with injury, many for the season, so Saturday will be a very interesting test for where they are at against St Pats considering most grades may play them again in week one of finals.

Bismarck12345

Peter Burge (5)
UNI are definately peaking at the right time. Newport have a ton of outs with injury, many for the season, so Saturday will be a very interesting test for where they are at against St Pats considering most grades may play them again in week one of finals.
Interesting game scheduled. You’d have to think clubs may be scared to play uni in the final, on their day they can flog any team in the comp. Will be interesting though how they go if they get there. Seams the likely teams they’ll face is either briars or hills - the two teams they didn’t beat. Think a Newport uni final would be the best best option for the comp - always a great fixture full of passion and recent history. Uni will be watching closely this weekend.

parkfootyenthusiast2

Herbert Moran (7)

Tbf, Div 2's number 1 pundit @Heavyd seemed to be giving Uni far more credit than they deserved early in the season when the results weren't going their way, and I don't listen to anyone else when it comes to completely unbiased division 2 punditry.