• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

anaLYST666

Frank Row (1)
Too soon or...

Attachments

• received_1632033844075092.jpeg
    received_1632033844075092.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 152

SubbiesSoftie

Stan Wickham (3)
Geez everyone comes out of the woodwork to remind you of one bloke making an extremely bold call 6 months ago! I'm sure they're all from extremely well populated and successful clubs of their own!
A great day out at Newport today. Pats finish the regular season with 3 minor premierships and another runners up, not a bad outcome but definitely less than we would have liked!

Bismarck12345

Frank Nicholson (4)
Who would’ve seen how Div 2 played out this year. Understandable that some clubs would be upset with results, but surely this puts to bed any complaints about competitiveness? Tipping Briars for the barraclough st this stage. A bit out of left field but they are looking the most threatening of the remaining four. Really though, it’s anyone’s game and that’s great for the competition.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Round 14
Wakehurst (4) v Hornsby (1)
Canterbury (6) v Chatswood (5)
Raptors (2) v Kings (8)
Renegades (3) v Redfield (7)

3 from 4. Redfield showed the value of long experience together and sublime gas on the outside to capitalise on our mistakes. Had our opportunities but lack of training time together was a factor. ROBRs still have a great core and hopefully can build back next year after a tough 2024.

Club Champions were decided after Hornsby Grose Cup failed to get the job done against Wakehurst, opening the door for Raptors to make a statment. Congrats to the Raptors winning the Herlihy Shield by 100 points. The one that got away for the Lions.

grievous

Tom Lawton (22)
I would just like to say I havent read this thread for some time now because of the negative tragic stories I may learn. I have played with 3 subbies clubs, one since died, one teetering on same...I hate reading about the shrinking sizes of general clubland out there

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
I would just like to say I havent read this thread for some time now because of the negative tragic stories I may learn. I have played with 3 subbies clubs, one since died, one teetering on same...I hate reading about the shrinking sizes of general clubland out there
It’s not just a Subbies problem, the numbers in Shute are way down as welll. If we keep trying to operate in our own bubbles this sport will die out rapidly. We need to think outside the box about how we can make these numbers work for our competition’s

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It’s not just a Subbies problem, the numbers in Shute are way down as welll. If we keep trying to operate in our own bubbles this sport will die out rapidly. We need to think outside the box about how we can make these numbers work for our competition’s

Agreed. We don't have any meaningful alignment between our Unions here in Sydney to capitalise on the work put in at each level.