• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney 7's: 3 - 5 February

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

They aren't negotiating between competing codes, it's the same codes, same event organisers, same major sponsors, some governing body and same hosts. Matches are been broadcast from Klippax so there isn't any impact on broadcaster content either..

And, il point out that this very issue was raised months ago, and was even raised on here prior to the event been secured, at the same time as it were been negotiated at the ARU/World Rugby/NSW Government level.. if it's been identified on here then it was identified at the Governing body level and they failed to act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's not that simple.

I recall last year in Dubai, when the girls came the main field.Foxtel showed men's historical games, not the girls.
Telecast recommenced when the girls had finished.
Obviously contracting issues.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think saying there would be no impact on broadcast is incorrect.

They are broadcasting the Women's events from there via web stream IIRC. Would only be a couple of cameras involved. This is very different from the full broadcast requirements of a Men's event, which Kippax just isn't equipped to host.

T

TOCC

Women's Final day is all been broadcast on Foxtel, including those from Klippax...

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
In...................... Out
Quinn. Kingston
McNamara. Killingworth
Anderson Mitchell

Pietch & Kennewell swapping 13th man

Quinn and Kingston are like for like,but Quinn is faster but smaller.
The other 2 are outside backs,replacing 2 back rowers.
So we will either be playing a faster game,or will be battling to beat PNG :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Midget Bokke had lift the bar this year. Hope to see Kok & Senatla on the wing for the Stormers.

Hell where are our lady 7s?

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Persisting with Henry as a ball player,with 2 healthy contracted ball players in the stands,further demonstrates the coach has no faith in his own recruitment decisions.[/quote]

Who are these two ball players you talk of?

Bustad Arce

Frank Row (1)
In........ Out
Quinn. Kingston
McNamara. Killingworth
Anderson Mitchell

Pietch & Kennewell swapping 13th man

Quinn and Kingston are like for like,but Quinn is faster but smaller.
The other 2 are outside backs,replacing 2 back rowers.
So we will either be playing a faster game,or will be battling to beat PNG :)

I think Anderson is a back rower. There is an outside back at Randwick with the same name.

T

TOCC

Media coverage for this in Sydney is disappointing despite it been sold out, 2 articles in the daily telegraph 6 pages in after Barba, Lottoland, A-League and the Green-Mundine fight.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I've got 4 GA tix for Sunday (otherwise sold out) going at face value. DM me if interested.

T

TOCC

Wish the Wallabies played like that

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
but they are a better unit. They have speed to burn, smart play makers, physicality and a smart coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.