• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby-TT: Rd 1 Waratahs v Hurricanes, May 14th, SCG

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Well, I enjoyed that, despite all the flaws and the bagging out by most here, it was fun to watch. The defense by the Tahs backs was pathetic, with Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) one of the worst I have ever seen. It may be bias, but I thought the Tahs pack actually got a points victory on the night. I also though the Tahs were exceptional at 9 and 10.
Canes outside backs had an absolute field day, the Tahs have to fix that or they will concede some very big points.
For mine Bell was the best forward on the field.
The Donaldson and Harrison battle for 10 is a good problem for the Tahs, Gordon the real deal at 9 .

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah i really, really don't get the Donaldson hype. He made some good plays covering deep in defense and otherwise did fuck all. First play of note was throwing a shocker of a pass and turning attack on their goal line to nearly conceding a try. His passes in general play are so painfully slow it hurts. Harrison is clearly the better player.

There always seems to be one player that decides they will single-handedly drag this fucking side through hell and broken glass to something resembling a professional standard of play and tonight that was Jake Gordon.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Maddocks put in a good shift as well. When playing against the Hurricanes it's hard to ignore the similarities he has with J. Barrett. Hope he can keep improving and enjoying himself. Shame Perese was fairly quiet tonight, but jeez the Hurricanes have some big lads, I was impressed they finished bottom of SuperAo.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yeah i really, really don't get the Donaldson hype. He made some good plays covering deep in defense and otherwise did fuck all. First play of note was throwing a shocker of a pass and turning attack on their goal line to nearly conceding a try. His passing in general play are so painfully slow it hurts. Harrison is clearly the better player.

There always seems to be one player that decides they will single-handedly drag this fucking side through hell and broken glass to something resembling a professional standard of play and tonight that was Jake Gordon.

He can not remotely control the tempo of a game though, looks great when its frantic can not remotely drag a team around the field. Played well & not his faulty the opposition scored 60+ but did not push passed White/Tate on tonight's performance

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, I enjoyed that, despite all the flaws and the bagging out by most here, it was fun to watch. The defense by the Tahs backs was pathetic, with Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) one of the worst I have ever seen. It may be bias, but I thought the Tahs pack actually got a points victory on the night. I also though the Tahs were exceptional at 9 and 10.
Canes outside backs had an absolute field day, the Tahs have to fix that or they will concede some very big points.
For mine Bell was the best forward on the field.
Yeh despite my negativity forwards muscled up well but defence in backs was really hard to watch given at the game and in middle stands so got good aerial view of the game. Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) was 50/50 on b4 tonight but really seeing tonight closer to action from overall aerial view he is just absolutely clueless in defence as constantly out of position and failed to make any dominant tackles or just tackes in general. Time to go to club land I say.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Despite my jibes and the lack of defence tonight. I think the Tahs are improving and a solid off season with new coaching will see them lift in Super AU next year.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
With you Dave, and it was a good entertaining game to have on FTA. Us rusted ons can pick apart the flaws in the game but I reckon the casuals would have enjoyed it.

End-to-end stuff, few scrums. When the ball shifts around like that it's hard to realign in defence after 20min let alone 80min. As you said, not a leather patch wearer's game, but possibly higher scoring than when the Swans play the filth tomorrow at the same ground.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Despite my jibes and the lack of defence tonight. I think the Tahs are improving and a solid off season with new coaching will see them lift in Super AU next year.
If somebody told me tahs would score 48 points tonight (should have been 55 but for maddocks blooper) I would not have believed it, of course the 64 points scored against them I would have believed..

Glass half full I suppose so if tahs can just sort out their defence I may yet be a happy tahs supporter. Btw reflection on where tahs at is years ago i would go to tahs games with tahs kit on and lots of fans same dressed up in tahs kit. Tonight I was more the exception which reflects what years of lack of success done.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
If somebody told me tahs would score 48 points tonight (should have been 55 but for maddocks blooper) I would not have believed it, of course the 64 points scored against them I would have believed..

Glass half full I suppose so if tahs can just sort out their defence I may yet be a happy tahs supporter. Btw reflection on where tahs at is years ago i would go to tahs games with tahs kit on and lots of fans same dressed up in tahs kit. Tonight I was more the exception which reflects what years of lack of success done.

I think if the Tahs got back to playing a 15,000 to 20,000 smaller ground that was at least half full it would benefit the game in NSW, at least until they got back towards the top of the comp. We don't need to have mega stadiums. Get back to grass roots and engage the fans as we rebuild the game in Australia.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Happy to see us scoring lots of tries. i have mentally erased all the tries we let in. (Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative)
Donaldson looks pedestrian in attack but is very reliable with the boot and in defence. Harrison's chip and chase for Maddocks' final try was great. Further selection decisions in the TT comp will be interesting.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlights

The stuff.co.nz match report says that Love was taken to hospital but was soon sitting up & talking somhopefully no lasting damage from what I understand was a nasty collision (I'm up at 5am on Saturdays so didn't watch it live).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think if the Tahs got back to playing a 15,000 to 20,000 smaller ground that was at least half full it would benefit the game in NSW, at least until they got back towards the top of the comp. We don't need to have mega stadiums. Get back to grass roots and engage the fans as we rebuild the game in Australia.

That's a souless looking ground they playing at now, cricket grounds and rugby don't work.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh my mate did a video spin of the stands as just terrible look to sitting in a mega stadium. Would feel much atmosphere if played at smaller grounds like leichardt, brookvale etc. cost to host at scg would be horrendous

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
With you Dave, and it was a good entertaining game to have on FTA. Us rusted ons can pick apart the flaws in the game but I reckon the casuals would have enjoyed it.

I didn't realise it was your FTA match, you right casuals may of enjoyed it.