• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby-TT: Rd 1 Waratahs v Hurricanes, May 14th, SCG

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Some horrific defense from the Tahs but enjoyable to see they’ve got the ability to keep possession and put pressure on a side and come up with points. Jake Gordon as irritating as ever but has good control over his side.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Bit confused with some of the positivity some of the Tahs performance is getting. That was abysmal amateur club grade defense. There is going to be a lot of embarrassed players in the review tomorrow with the lack of physicality on display.

Yeah, it was horrible, every time they went left it was like, as Paul Vautin said, "they had spiders all over them"

Alex Ross (28)
Don’t get all the negativity. Yes the defence was extremely poor from the Tahs, but the movement of the ball in Attack was a huge improvement. I would attribute only about 2 of the Tah tries to howlers in defence by the Canes. The rest were really well worked attacking pieces.

They need to improve defence a lot. But for me that was still a step in the right direction against a very formidable side.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Don’t get all the negativity. Yes the defence was extremely poor from the Tahs, but the movement of the ball in Attack was a huge improvement. I would attribute only about 2 of the Tah tries to howlers in defence by the Canes. The rest were really well worked attacking pieces.

They need to improve defence a lot. But for me that was still a step in the right direction against a very formidable side.

Like that comment, not only because you see the positive about the team you support, but also you called my Canes a formidable unit!;)

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Two big issues in defence for the Tahs. One on one tackles, way too many missed, many more have to stick. And re-aligning in broken play. When the opposition was playing a structured game, the Tahs structure was good, but when things went ad lib, after a dropped ball, intercept, charge down or whatever, they had no idea how to re-group.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just a note on an individual, how much work does Sinclair get through? Nothing flashy, but in terms of carries, tackles and rucks hit he has to be around the top of the numbers.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Just a note on an individual, how much work does Sinclair get through? Nothing flashy, but in terms of carries, tackles and rucks hit he has to be around the top of the numbers.
I’m warming to him every game. Thought he was useless at the start of the season. I need to stop judging players on their first super season.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I’m warming to him every game. Thought he was useless at the start of the season. I need to stop judging players on their first super season.

yeh I watched the game again - sinclair with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Bell were excellent and were strong in defence and also for go forward. People were suggesting Sinclair might be let go next season but on that showing to me would be definitely key player to retain as good workhouse the Tahs need. Was also watching to see why so many tries scored. Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) cause of a couple from poor defensive reads and limp tackles. In terms of missed tackles leading to tries, Newsome missed one, as did Harris and Porecki (apologies if misspelt his name), Maddock also made some defensive errors which also contributed to one try at least.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
yeh I watched the game again - sinclair with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Bell were excellent and were strong in defence and also for go forward. People were suggesting Sinclair might be let go next season but on that showing to me would be definitely key player to retain as good workhouse the Tahs need. Was also watching to see why so many tries scored. Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) cause of a couple from poor defensive reads and limp tackles. In terms of missed tackles leading to tries, Newsome missed one, as did Harris and Porecki (apologies if misspelt his name), Maddock also made some defensive errors which also contributed to one try at least.

I must admit RN after you commented during game I was watching Mark N (Nawaqanitawase), and I see your point, he certainly avoids making any decisions on defence.Later last night ,I saw a highlight from earlier game this year, and it was him that the scorer was wandering past.

Alex Ross (28)
I too owe Sinclair an apology for my thoughts and comments about his contract. He’s not one to trouble the Wallaby selectors ever. But he is a hard worker and we’d be a lot worse off without him

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

His only problem is that he is a bit on the small size. Very good club player, good to see him translating that into the next level up.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Bit confused with some of the positivity some of the Tahs performance is getting. That was abysmal amateur club grade defense. There is going to be a lot of embarrassed players in the review tomorrow with the lack of physicality on display.

Nek minnit...

E1bUXoOUUAY1ysL

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you have been watching the Tahs this season either live or on TV I don't know how you can be upset by that performance.

The defence was poor but they attacked well and scored a lot of tries.

This is a far cry from where they were earlier in the season where they were leaking points and not scoring any. It was most definitely entertaining.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If you have been watching the Tahs this season either live or on TV I don't know how you can be upset by that performance.

This is a far cry from where they were earlier in the season where they were leaking points and not scoring any. It was most definitely entertaining.

Agree BH, sometimes you need to look at positives.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
The defence was terrible in the backline, we tried a fast, loose attacking structure to try and run a bigger team off their feet, unfortunately when that backfired we had multiple big and fast bodies running at our defence when it was unstructured. The backs haven’t been marking opponents of that size all year. We can only hope they can learn from it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Maybe because they were scoring such a lot of tries but equally had so much scored against them was the frustration. It was like one side of the brain clicked but the other was sleeping. Despite the Tahs woeful past few years I have still dutifully gone to games but did for sure get frustrated by the defence because actually the attack was actually 'surprisingly' quiet good (you know ying and yang moment). Ok expectations for a complete performance I will temper.