• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby round 4 - Waratahs vs Force - Sunday 13 March 2pm @ Leichhardt Oval

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That was always going to make it a hard year then
I thought the reverse games were supposed to swap so that the Force made up for the games that were moved. But looking at Superbru's schedule that doesn't seem to be Happening? Anyone got the full story?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Thought the Tahs game in the second half was really poor. In the backs the tactical kicking was atrocious, which meant we lost ground every time we tried it. Long to the corners to put pressure on was not in the game plan and it should have been. I thought that in the first 40 that whenever the Tahs applied pressure the Force were in trouble but then it looked like we changed plans at half time and let the pressure off every time we got the ball. After half time there were some poor forward performances too. This does not bode well for when we hit the NZ teams because the moment they feel pressure easing they will smash you. There's lots of work to be done and hopefully some injuries evaporate and overseas players return soon.

Gamble went very well. So, I thought did Grant but he runs a lot, he needs to mix up passing off the deck sometimes. Donaldson and Harrison didn't work well second half and I still feel Harrison 10, Donaldson 15 would work better. Sinclair had a bad game which is unusual for him.

6:2 split did not work well. I know our packhorses can be hot and cold and an extra choice on the bench is good when one goes wrong but our backline choices are badly restricted and when the replacements came on in the second half we were not looking good at all.

Rebels next week which should allow us to re-establish our standards before the Reds In Brisbane. That game (the Reds away) is just about season-defining. I hope Hooper, Swinton and Hanigan are back for that, we need them bad!

Last edited:

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Many good signs but too many key players making little contribution. Lacklustre effort; lacking any intensity so totally worked over at the breakdown; seem to be waiting for someone else to make a difference. Frustrating to see so many balls held up over the try line so far this season. Need to be hungrier for full 80 minutes. Can't keep waiting to put in a big effort for the last 10 minutes each week. Hoping for an improved effort against the Drua next week. GO BLUE!!

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Charlie Gamble Man of the match .. everywhere...
Harrison played well at fullback.
Scored a good try and kicked his penalties, although still only 4 out of 6.
Will Harris again was solid.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Mate. The maul defence from the Tahs should have been. Penalty after penalty. Allowing them to come on the side and sack it is a joke. Even the players had to say something.

2 scrum penalties In a row and force on attack. Tahs take it down 3rd time in a row and he awards a penalty against the force?

No doubt the force were not great but they didn't have a good chance to get in the game when Murphy kept making ridiculous calls against them.
It's the east coast conspiracy at work..

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Thought the Tahs game in the second half was really poor. In the backs the tactical kicking was atrocious, which meant we lost ground every time we tried it. Long to the corners to put pressure on was not in the game plan and it should have been. I thought that in the first 40 that whenever the Tahs applied pressure the Force were in trouble but then it looked like we changed plans at half time and let the pressure off every time we got the ball. After half time there were some poor forward performances too. This does not bode well for when we hit the NZ teams because the moment they feel pressure easing they will smash you. There's lots of work to be done and hopefully some injuries evaporate and overseas players return soon.

Gamble went very well, as did Grant. He runs a lot though, he needs to mix up passing off the deck sometimes. Donaldson and Harrison didn't work well second half and I still feel Harrison 10, Donaldson 15 would work better. Sinclair had a bad game which is unusual for him.

6:2 split did not work well. I know our packhorses can be hot and cold and an extra choice on the bench is good when one goes wrong but our backline choices are badly restricted and when the replacements came on in the second half we were not looking good at all.

Rebels next week which should allow us to re-establish our standards before the Reds In Brisbane. That game (the Reds away) is just about season-defining. I hope Hooper, Swinton and Hanigan are back for that, we need them bad!
I think that's harsh, though the Tahs put plenty of pressure on themselves in that second half with poor clearances. Their defence was really solid, though, throughout. It seems they have a real emphasis on slowing the ruck by holding the ball carrier up, even if momentarily. And they were physically imposing. Their second half was only poor in comparison to much of the first half, where they showed a really good structure in multi-phase attack, which was really impressive. Got to stop that desperation to score instantly from a line-break though, too many 1% offloads.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It's the east coast conspiracy at work..

Which one of you is the cat?

1647155949159.png

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well very nice first half..second half force tightened up as well as took foot off the pedal..who would have thought defence would then get us the win…

harrison yes good at 15 and in post match interview indicating his preference for 15. Never really rated grant at 9…hence I apologise as he was very good today, as was Holloway, gamble, Harris and Perese (what a talent). Also impressed when the tahs replacement hooker (va…won’t embarrass myself trying to spell his name) as he looks a really good prospect.
For force them looking better in second half I believe with players like Holmes and McIntyre coming on…

Great sight to see busy leichardt oval and anytime they want to make that the home ground fine by me as nearby local!!!

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
landed on his shoulder
It was well passed the parallel though. To be clear I'm not arguing he should receive a ban, I just think the tackle was bad enough that he's a good chance of having to spin the wheel and potentially miss a couple of conveniently scheduled shute shield trial games.