• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Rnd 6: Waratahs v Reds

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) should drop back to the SS for a bit with some work ons

Literally 3 work-ons which he could do at this level:

1) Understand you're not the biggest kid on the park any more
2) Carry the ball into contact with 2 hands
3) Cut the one-handed offload attempts by 70%.

He's not going to learn that in Shute, because it is a level below where his physical prep has got him in a pro rugby outfit.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Literally 3 work-ons which he could do at this level:

1) Understand you're not the biggest kid on the park any more
2) Carry the ball into contact with 2 hands
3) Cut the one-handed offload attempts by 70%.

He's not going to learn that in Shute, because it is a level below where his physical prep has got him in a pro rugby outfit.

Well he is not going to learn anything warming the pine like he is this weekend, he has had a season and a half to fix those works ons.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The only positive for me is the bench choices, they went for the future rather than the safety options

I have no idea how Perese will go @12, but he tackles and runs hard, not sure if it will be sent wide though
He’s definitely not thought of as a ball distributor, more a carrier. Might use him to get over the advantage line, he is good in contact.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jack Maddocks at fullback is better than Mark Nawaqanitawase, I think Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) should drop back to the SS for a bit with some work ons as he is not Super standard at present.

In theory yes, but he has been terrible this year.

Primarily the reason Maddocks got moved to the wing was his inability to catch the ball.

Hopefully he can have a better game this weekend. The Tahs need him to be one of their best, not struggling to stay in the best 15 of a team struggling awfully.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)

Primarily the reason Maddocks got moved to the wing was his inability to catch the ball.

Hopefully he can have a better game this weekend. The Tahs need him to be one of their best, not struggling to stay in the best 15 of a team struggling awfully.

Fair point, I just remember this game last year and Maddocks tore the Reds apart with his broken field running from the back.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fair point, I just remember this game last year and Maddocks tore the Reds apart with his broken field running from the back.

He absolutely did, but hasn't looked anything like that this season.

Maybe his last minute try against the Rebels last week will give him some confidence heading into this week.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It'll be interesting to see if the Wallaby staff presence at Tah's training this week has an influence on their performance. The Reds need to come out and have a dominant display, away from home, to further their championship aspirations. Tah's will come out with a point to prove, if they don't they can pretty much all say goodbye to any Wallaby dreams.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

I think "terrible" may be a bit harsh, Maddocks general play has been fine, he just dropped too many high balls, hopefully he has been doing extras getting it right.

Reactions: TSR

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I thin "terrible" may be a bit harsh, Maddocks general play has been fine, he just dropped too many high balls, hopefully he has been doing extras getting it right.

His kick off last week was terrible. That might not be harsh enough, actually.