• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Rd. 7. Rebels v Hurricanes at AAMI Park, Friday 30th @ 7.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Why the fuck would anyone want a kiwi team to beat an aussie team?

Anyway, Rebels will struggle but fuck me is their bench strong. That's pretty key against a kiwi team. I don't quite get why Hardwick can't get a start. He's ace. How good though; Mafi gets a bit knackered and you bring on Hardwick and Colby.

RT

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Why the fuck would anyone want a kiwi team to beat an aussie team?

Anyway, Rebels will struggle but fuck me is their bench strong. That's pretty key against a kiwi team. I don't quite get why Hardwick can't get a start. He's ace. How good though; Mafi gets a bit knackered and you bring on Hardwick and Colby.

Really, you need that explained to you - OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me just help you a little bit and say TRIBALISM and the way Super Rugby is configured.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Really, you need that explained to you - OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me just help you a little bit and say TRIBALISM and the way Super Rugby is configured.

No, definitely want the Rebels to keep winning and top the ladder. Tahs to be the highest qualifying non-conference winner and then their semi-final would be in Melbourne. ;)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^ if 'tahs take top Wildcard spot (4th overall) they play the second-ranked Wildcard (5th overall). To play the Rebs in a QF they'd have to finish at least sixth overall (assuming the Rebs were the lowest-ranked Conference winner).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
^^^^^^ if 'tahs take top Wildcard spot (4th overall) they play the second-ranked Wildcard (5th overall). To play the Rebs in a QF they'd have to finish at least sixth overall (assuming the Rebs were the lowest-ranked Conference winner).

I said semi-final.

Winner of 1 vs 8 plays the winner of 4 vs 5 in the semi-final.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
In no way am I barracking for the Canes over the Rebels, but I just cannot see the Rebels getting the win. At the moment I think the Rebels will be a match for any of the other NZ sides, but the Canes are a step up in the way they are playing.

I do not wish bad things on the Rebels' players, just the administration and some of the fans, particularly those who are invisible.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yep, Rebels all the way for me (support-wise).
Logical hat on - I think it will be tough - the Canes can be scary good!

Reactions: TSR

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
In no way am I barracking for the Canes over the Rebels, but I just cannot see the Rebels getting the win. At the moment I think the Rebels will be a match for any of the other NZ sides, but the Canes are a step up in the way they are playing.

I do not wish bad things on the Rebels' players, just the administration and some of the fans, particularly those who are invisible.
Really? Where are these invisible fans? ;-P

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Really? Where are these invisible fans? ;-P

That's exactly my point. We are often reminded that Melbourne is the second largest city in the country (and the sporting capital of the world), but where are the hundreds of thousands of fans that those descriptions should provide?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
That's exactly my point. We are often reminded that Melbourne is the second largest city in the country (and the sporting capital of the world), but where are the hundreds of thousands of fans that those descriptions should provide?
mekuso hanakuso o warau :D

T

TOCC

Genia vs Perenara is the matchup that I’m most excited about watching

64a581e76f26c0b80766e3dce87d7f28.jpg

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)

That was a joke fellas. Oh well, move on nothing to see here.

"see" what I did there....twice ;-)

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Going to be tough for the Rebels to win.

Plenty of Waratah, Brumby and Reds supporters will be barracking for our Kiwi brothers (whether they publicly admit it or not)
Nah, I'd rather see Rebs win to shut up my Kiwi workmates who constantly ask when the last time an Aus team beat a Kiwi team. I think the Rebels are most likely to break the drought, but not this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Wessels has selected his big-boppa backrow to play against the Hurricanes??!! Timani will be totally unsighted given the speed at which the Hurricanes clear the ball to their backs. He'll be totally knackered after 10 minutes just running in the general direction of the rucks. Did Wessels not watch the game against the Waratahs or did he believe his own PR about working them too hard in training that week? Timani is only useful against slow, forward-centric teams like the saffers, Brumbies, Reds and maybe Crusaders.

By the time Hardwick and Fainga'a get on the game will be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.