• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Matches without a match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Yep, Naholo's try was magic - but it had to be to break the Chief's defence!

Such intensity, these guys will be rooted at oranges!

What an atmosphere the fans must be enjoying, absolutely world class rugby, played in the wonderful FB stadium, with the roof keeping the weather at bay and packed to the rafters with passionate supporters!

What else would any self respecting rugby fan be doing with your saturday arvo when this sort of treat is on the big screen!

G

galumay

'Landers starting to get on top now the Chiefs are down a man. A pity that the card has such an impact on a close game, but thats the price you pay for a rush of blood.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sensational game. Skill set of individuals and teams so far above the Aussies. Highlanders just the slightly better team tonight.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Crazy game.

How the hell do the Hurricanes get a bonus point in Christchurch? Still bloody trolling those fkn neighbours, haha.

So now we'll have to travel to South Africa, TO AGAIN play an away final against a team who got less points.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
mmm.puts a further perspective on the Tahs narrow loss to the Canes last weekend, they have really dominated the Saders in the second half. For mine the Canes have been the sleepers a bit in the NZ conference, I was focussing more on the Saders and Chiefs.

Don't worry mate, you weren't alone in thinking it a Saders/Chiefs comp for top spot!!
Yehaa Canes top qualifiers!!!:p:) Never really gave them a chance against the Saders!!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Crazy game.

How the hell do the Hurricanes get a bonus point in Christchurch? Still bloody trolling those fkn neighbours, haha.

So now we'll have to travel to South Africa, TO AGAIN play an away final against a team who got less points.

No, pretty sure Highlanders will be playing either Waratahs or Brumbies, depending on tonights match. Chiefs and Crusaders have to travel.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Crazy game.

Does it matter? You'll still hammer them anyway

G

galumay

Well what a weird weekend! There is hardly a game gone as expected, as you say Dan I certainly didnt expect the Cane's to win or the Chiefs to lose!

Certainly now makes it tough for the Chiefs and the madness of this half arsed conference system becomes obvious. I still reckon we should call the saffer's bluff and tell them to sod off and play in the T14.

Anyhoo, well played Landers and I am sure the Chiefs will pick themselves up and get ready for whats in front of them.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
It will be Kiwi teams v the rest if Jaguares can win by 8+ tomorrow. This would set up possibility of all Kiwi semis, which would not seem unfair based on what I have just watched.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
No, pretty sure Highlanders will be playing either Waratahs or Brumbies, depending on tonights match. Chiefs and Crusaders have to travel.

Oh, either way I guess. Could be SA-Arg-Nz back to SA.

Can't complain as a fan though, getting to watch games like tonights.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well after watching that Chiefs/Clan game I would suggest that the Sam Cane critics on here should maybe just put their hands up again, just so I can be reminded who you are. He was immense last night, and played the type of rugby he has played all year in my opinion, I struggle to think of a better performance by a 7 this year, and he was in losing team. Still I do realise a lot of us a just influenced by how much the commentators gush over a player who is running around in the open, and not someone that just does his job all the time! I still have starting at 7 for All Blacks with Ardie coming off the bench and not think of anyone I would prefer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.