• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby AU Qualifying Final Brumbies v Force

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Force defense has been excellent and kept them in the game but they haven’t looked like making a break or scoring a try. Brumbies have dominated field position but made a pontiff mistakes.
I thought If the force held the ball they might win some penalties but berry penalised the force for stuff the Brumbies have been doing the whole game.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I would say congrats Brumbies but I don't think they played this game in a positive way at all. Had the rub of the ref entirely. Arrogant not taking points. Played the ref in the scrums like a fiddle. When the force did run the ball they were penalised for nothing. They were penalised for seeling off and in the side when the Brumbies did it all game. Berry. What a joke.

Tom write Cocky as hell you were clearly in touch. Wow. What words to say. Doesn't deserve to play for Australia. Such a good player but what a shame he is a arrogant player.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I would say congrats Brumbies but I don't think they played this game in a positive way at all. Had the rub of the ref entirely. Arrogant not taking points. Played the ref in the scrums like a fiddle. When the force did run the ball they were penalised for nothing. They were penalised for seeling off and in the side when the Brumbies did it all game. Berry. What a joke.

Tom write Cocky as hell you were clearly in touch. Wow. What words to say. Doesn't deserve to play for Australia. Such a good player but what a shame he is a arrogant player.
Clear pisstake from Tom, jog on.

P

Pokinacha

Personally I think the brumbies are the worst team in terms of ‘not playing within the spirit of the game’.

Few pointers:

Banks starts with his legs covered in Vaseline. He did it in John I Dent cup too and got away with it. Noticing that Muirhead was the same.
Folau Fainga'a listening to the calls at line out time and berry was threatening to penalise him before he got hooked

Nick White tapping Cubelli on the arse at scrum time.

Olowafela constantly being blocked on his runs.

Unfortunately the Brumbies ‘play’ the same way the darkness do. Negatively causing the opposition to make mistakes with poor sportsmanship.

Really hoping the reds put them to the sword next week

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Personally I think the brumbies are the worst team in terms of ‘not playing within the spirit of the game’.

Few pointers:

Banks starts with his legs covered in Vaseline. He did it in John I Dent cup too and got away with it. Noticing that Muirhead was the same.
Folau Fainga'a listening to the calls at line out time and berry was threatening to penalise him before he got hooked

Nick White tapping Cubelli on the arse at scrum time.

Olowafela constantly being blocked on his runs.

Unfortunately the Brumbies ‘play’ the same way the darkness do. Negatively causing the opposition to make mistakes with poor sportsmanship.

Really hoping the reds put them to the sword next week
Absolutely. Correct. It's the reason they were the most penalised team this year. What a shame berry didn't pick them up for it. And then to be so inconsistent and award them penalties for us cleaning out from the side ? They had been doing it all bloody game.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Appreciate the passion Shiggins (as always) but the Brumbies won fair and square mate. The Force did their grafting game well but really need to add some attacking spark to take that next step forward.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Appreciate the passion Shiggins (as always) but the Brumbies won fair and square mate. The Force did their grafting game well but really need to add some attacking spark to take that next step forward.
Honestly mate. I don't think the force have any attacking game at all. Would just enjoy it if they have an equal rub.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Shiggins, great to see you back in the game mate. Unfortunately, still the same old story as far as referees killing the Force's chances though. Penalty count for the game was Brumbies conceded 12, Force conceded 9.

Think you need to look elsewhere for why the game went against the Force. Maybe 6 clean breaks to nil, and 20 defenders beaten to 8 tells more of the story.

The Force were not penalised out of the game, but I do agree with comments suggesting Berry is not up to scratch.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
On the red card, the key reason we’re seeing more of them is that the referees are emboldened to use them now that the team is only down a man for 20 minutes. If that was Caleb Clark making the same tackle 5 minutes into a test at Eden Park you can be sure as hell that Berry would find mitigating circumstances and show him only a yellow.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Shiggins, great to see you back in the game mate. Unfortunately, still the same old story as far as referees killing the Force's chances though. Penalty count for the game was Brumbies conceded 12, Force conceded 9.

Think you need to look elsewhere for why the game went against the Force. Maybe 6 clean breaks to nil, and 20 defenders beaten to 8 tells more of the story.

The Force were not penalised out of the game, but I do agree with comments suggesting Berry is not up to scratch.
Completely agree

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Valiant effort from the Force with a huge defensive effort, but unfortunately didn't really fire a shot in attack and couldn't nullify the effect of the red card.
The force forwards really put in and came out on top of the more fancied brumbies pack.
The force territory and kicking game was a major problem as usual, and those 2 scrums cubelli failed to put the ball in were very costly.

I thought Berry had a decent game overall, but I was fuming this wasn't even looked at (Wright lifting Koteka way past the horizontal and dumping him on his head) - surely had to be looked at and I'd think a yellow?!
attachment.php

attachment.php

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Thought Berry was actually very good. He’s the top rated ref in OZ and I think rightfully so.

In saying that, I also buy into his anti-Reds conspiracy so I’m not sure I want him next weekend. But Damon sucks.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
From a neutral's perspective I thought he was fine, has a decent feel for the flow of the game and isn't overly pedantic.

Maybe not pedantic, but very mystifying, especially around scrum time. Leads fans from all teams to claim inconsistency.