• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby AU Qualifying Final Brumbies v Force

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Best performers on the night were, imo, Rob Valetini, Nick White, Len Ikitau, Tom Wright and Tom Banks.

James Slipper unfortunately injured, but still was strong beforehand. Folau Fainga'a was well in front of Kaitu'u before leaving the field with injury. Allan Ala'alatoa had one of his more forgettable games, but is still ranked next best behind Tupou for the Wallabies.

Cadeyrn Neville and Darcy Swain are developing a very useful partnership in the second row, and Nick Frost was again impressive in his stint off the bench.

Valetini was the star in the backrow, but nice to see a couple of on-ballers in Scott and Reimer coming through. Anyone notice the reported scrum weight for the Brumbies midway through the second half? 787kg - not even 100kg/player on average. That must be a concern. Pete Samu's knee copped a decent whack from Rory Scott's knee that put him out of the game.

I would think, with the injury problems in the front row and the very lightweight backrow for the Brumbies, that's where the Reds will look to gain ascendency next week.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Nevertheless, D, you and others are critical of the crowds that turn up for the Brumbies matches, and some over the years have used that as an argument to support either terminating the franchise or amalgamating it with say the Rebels.

A crowd of 9000 in Canberra is about 2.5% of the population, and is by reports from the Brumbies themselves sufficient to generate revenue in excess of costs.

Can you tell me what 2.5% of Sydney's population is? Somewhere around 125,000 I think. Now wouldn't that be a nice little earner for NSWRU if they could achieve anywhere near that?

The continual criticism of Canberra crowds all gets a bit tiresome.