• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby AU Qualifying Final Brumbies v Force

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In saying that, I also buy into his anti-Reds conspiracy so I’m not sure I want him next weekend. But Damon sucks.
Of course he isn't part of an anti-Reds conspiracy. I am a Reds supporter in Aus comp, but one thing that I will say from my time in Qld rugby, it seems all refs are against Reds or in club rugby (where I was involved for 20 years) it seemed almost every club you visited their supporters would tell you whatever ref was on that day didn't like their club and never gave them a fair go. That was my own club too. I just could never understand it, I believe some refs are not good but certainly not ever be onesided on purpose.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway on game, thought Brumbies were the better team and deserved the win.
I do have to apologise to Force team for what I thought early in year though. I did say I thought they were really just a pretty good NRC team, with a few pasit players bought in. I mentioned Kahui and Thrush as past it, well they don't seem to be, and were going bloody strong all night. The Argentine 9/10 combo were not bad either. Rest of Force I think are or have become super quality players, some better than others, but certainly a team to enjoy following fir their supporters I think.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Conclusion I got from the game from wallabies perspective - valetini clear favourite for 6 and Wright also for wing spot. Agree like to see what Wright could offer at 15 but equally after not being a banks fan I would say on form so far this season deserves starting fullback position for wallabies.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Conclusion I got from the game from wallabies perspective - valetini clear favourite for 6 and Wright also for wing spot. Agree like to see what Wright could offer at 15 but equally after not being a banks fan I would say on form so far this season deserves starting fullback position for wallabies.

I honestly would take Maddocks before I took Banks for the Wallabies, Banks offers zero threat outside of a runner. There were a number of times last night where he could have drawn and passed to create additional space for his outside man but always just put his head down and ran. We already have Koro with no threat of a pass to create space. He also spilled a couple of high balls last night, which to be fair is uncharacteristic.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Of course he isn't part of an anti-Reds conspiracy. I am a Reds supporter in Aus comp, but one thing that I will say from my time in Qld rugby, it seems all refs are against Reds or in club rugby (where I was involved for 20 years) it seemed almost every club you visited their supporters would tell you whatever ref was on that day didn't like their club and never gave them a fair go. That was my own club too. I just could never understand it, I believe some refs are not good but certainly not ever be onesided on purpose.

I think it is a mindset that Queenslanders have, that everyone is out to get them and they are the underdog.

I moved to QLD in 2000 and had been a QLD fan in League until that point of my life. I can remember QLD lost origin three 56-16 and when I got to work the locals were complaining about how the Referee, Bill Harrigan had cost them the game.....a 40 point loss was the referees fault!!!

Not long ago the government, more specifically the health department complained via twitter that QLD is used to being picked on by others.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We fought bravely but didn't have the class in attack to win tonight. That said, I'm proud of the step forward the boys have made this year. Rugby is going places in WA.

I really, really hope so. Let's see a lot more homegrown products in the team, even if they travel east (to Eastwood?) to play some Shute Shield for a season or two as part of their development.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Yeh my comment was more in jest, the chat is that because Berry played for the Reds, he comes down harder on them to make sure people don’t say he’s reffing in their favour.

Anyway the two guys in contention to ref the final, Berry and Murphy are both Brisbane boys. I’d definitely rather Berry have the whistle. I had a real issue with the way Murphy controlled the set piece in the Reds last game.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeh my comment was more in jest, the chat is that because Berry played for the Reds, he comes down harder on them to make sure people don’t say he’s reffing in their favour.

Anyway the two guys in contention to ref the final, Berry and Murphy are both Brisbane boys. I’d definitely rather Berry have the whistle. I had a real issue with the way Murphy controlled the set piece in the Reds last game.

I wonder if Perrett will be looked at, more marketing for the game to get more eye on and she seemed quite good when she was in charge.

Reactions: dru

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)

I feel that the problem with most refs these days is that they are always looking to give a penalty, even if the side that may deserve one to the letter of the law, be on a roll or have the advantage.... Take a scrum....Ball is fed ...comes out and is at locks feet....halfback waits....then the scrum collapses and then the team who has the ball ready to go to make a play gets a penalty.... A good ref lets the play go.....Constant nit picking penalties kills rugby as a spectacle......As does a scrum penalty in front of the posts.....Should that be a 3 point shot for goal or a a quick tap and go by the team awarded the penalty with no shot for goal allowed....thoughts?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought I saw Lolesio with ice on a leg immediately after he came off - so perhaps a slight injury and a precautionary sub.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Personally I think the brumbies are the worst team in terms of ‘not playing within the spirit of the game’.

Few pointers:

Banks starts with his legs covered in Vaseline. He did it in John I Dent cup too and got away with it. Noticing that Muirhead was the same.
Folau Fainga'a listening to the calls at line out time and berry was threatening to penalise him before he got hooked

Nick White tapping Cubelli on the arse at scrum time.

Olowafela constantly being blocked on his runs.

Unfortunately the Brumbies ‘play’ the same way the darkness do. Negatively causing the opposition to make mistakes with poor sportsmanship.

Really hoping the reds put them to the sword next week

Wow, Shiggins has competition this year........

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Quite impressed with the ponies quality support play and focus on clean catch and pass instead of show boat passes

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Amazing Super Rugby AU season from the Force.
Came home with a wet sail after a stuttering start.
Big improvement since last time we played the Brumbies too.
They just do the things we do a little better and have a bit more cutting edge.

We can get there. Looking forward to the Trans Tasman tournament now and we won't be afraid of anyone.

That first home game at HBF Stadium is going to be rocking. So many Kiwis/Chiefs fans will add to an already great atmosphere.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Crowd was reported at around 9K. Good effort, especially by all the Force fans who turned out. Quite a few in my near vicinity.

Game itself was a typical final with a tight, hard tussle between the forwards packs, and strong defence in the backlines.

Some injury problems for the Brumbies leading into the final. Slipper, Fainga'a and Samu.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Crowd was reported at around 9K. Good effort, especially by all the Force fans who turned out. Quite a few in my near vicinity.

Game itself was a typical final with a tight, hard tussle between the forwards packs, and strong defence in the backlines.

Some injury problems for the Brumbies leading into the final. Slipper, Fainga'a and Samu.
That's a terrible effort, considering the Reds are expecting 50k next weekend.