• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah, with the bonus point as well.

Going to be equally tough for the Lions next week with a short turnaround against the Jaguares after this physical encounter and the Stormers have had two of them now so may very well struggle in NZ now.

This was a game won by the forwards.

B

Bobby Sands

Watching the Jaguares is so annoying. They are committed, hard running & tackling players. But it is almost like they don't know the rules or understand the game.

I know they do, but the mistakes they make are just so frustrating.
Their attack lacks any nuance & because of this they waste so much energy retaining the ball for many phases only to turn it over and repeat.

It's a real concern for world rugby, given this is basically a top5 playing nation
that looks anything but.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
0-24 down after 20 mins and, if I may partake in some rudimentary Shigginometry, WFT REF. A good old throwback hometown bok ref who saw his boys doing nothing wrong whatsoever. Chiefs were a bit off but not all that bad but knock on’s (“went back!, went back!”), forward passes, anything goes at ruck to maintain possession, the works. Started to suspect I’d contracted Shigginsian cataracts through my computer keyboard. Was anyone seeing this going on? WFT. Both linesman completely silent for entire match. This is the republic, the whole place is corrupt as fuck, are these three Moe’s on the sly payroll to make the Cheetahs look good for the June 2-team chop decision?

Their ”mauling” required no transfer of the ball to the back. Just couldnt even see the fucker. Could’ve been up their jumpers for all any fucker knew “play on, trytime!”. Heard Cane actually ask him "truck and trailer?" on the maul try which looked, to me, definition truck and trailer. Ball nowhere near the back of the maul. Hometown comm makes no mention of any Cheetah infraction for the entire duration of the match.

sadly, even the locals paid asset couldn’t get his boys home in the end. 0-24 down after 20 mins? So sorry and fuck you all, 41-27. Must confess to a certain catharsis there as, in the privacy of my own home, I was openly and vociferously questioning the referee’s possible genealogical connections to a certain powerful political organization that enjoyed a brief spell of strong-armed dominance during the early 1940’s in western Europe.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
0-24 down after 20 mins and, if I may partake in some rudimentary Shigginometry, WFT REF. A good old throwback hometown bok ref who saw his boys doing nothing wrong whatsoever. Chiefs were a bit off but not all that bad but knock on’s (“went back!, went back!”), forward passes, anything goes at ruck to maintain possession, the works. Started to suspect I’d contracted Shigginsian cataracts through my computer keyboard. Was anyone seeing this going on? WFT. Both linesman completely silent for entire match. This is the republic, the whole place is corrupt as fuck, are these three Moe’s on the sly payroll to make the Cheetahs look good for the June 2-team chop decision?

Their ”mauling” required no transfer of the ball to the back. Just couldnt even see the fucker. Could’ve been up their jumpers for all any fucker knew “play on, trytime!”. Heard Cane actually ask him "truck and trailer?" on the maul try which looked, to me, definition truck and trailer. Ball nowhere near the back of the maul. Hometown comm makes no mention of any Cheetah infraction for the entire duration of the match.

sadly, even the locals paid asset couldn’t get his boys home in the end. 0-24 down after 20 mins? So sorry and fuck you all, 41-27. Must confess to a certain catharsis there as, in the privacy of my own home, I was openly and vociferously questioning the referee’s possible genealogical connections to a certain powerful political organization that enjoyed a brief spell of strong-armed dominance during the early 1940’s in western Europe.
I watched the first half, and I too suffered a brief episode of Shiggensian Apoplexy, a rare form of Tourette's which has none of the tics but all of the swearing, and fewer consonants. It is only now that I can bring myself to punctuate once more. It was a breathtaking display of absolute non-refereeing. Mind you, it helped that every pass the Cheetahs threw stuck, and the Chiefs seemed to have been emailed the Blues usual last 10-20 minutes game plan.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
24 nil up and the cheetahs bomb the game, was suzie catering the oranges?

Nah, I think she's the "groundsman". Looked like they'd decided to play a rugby match in the middle of some random cow paddock. Also couldn't help but notice the only people in the top deck were in hi-viz so I'd have to rate the Cheetahs a "fail" on the fan support & stadium criteria they're using over those ways to decide who gets cut.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
It was a breathtaking display of absolute non-refereeing.
thank christ someone else thought so, was thinking it was just me, is it the late hour?, under the spell of some sort of parochial shiggensian confirmation bias?

when the Cheetah knocked a Chief pass down I thought might be a yellow there and the ref unbelievably says it "went back" and play on, somehow even conjuring up an "advantage Cheetahs" from out of his arse I thought I'd entered a parallel David Copperfield Coetzee universe.

should rewatch the first 20 mins again, actually, no, get fucked, that would probably drive me mad, it was almost insidious what that jackbooted little Himmler in shortpants was getting away with out there, there I said it.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Quite frankly as appalling as the ref was, what was more surprising was the Bulls win. Maybe next our president will step down.

Reactions: dru

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
My primary observations from this weekend's games:

• Barrit. Fark. Just as you think he can't possibly get better he does.
  • We need neutral refs. Always. And ones that are not incompetent.
  • Maybe the Bulls should be dropped. Mainly for having such poorly conditioned players. They are fat. The back line players are slow and fat. It's unbelievable. Can't play rugby. Can't get people in seats.
  • Eben Etsebeth is an absolute shithead and a fool. If by now he has not learnt to channel his aggression into his play, he never will. He costs hiss team penalties time and time again.
  • The Lions are smart. They completely dictated the way the game went. They duped the Stormers. The Stormers will be found out on tour. Too dumb.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Saders to thump the Stormers. Good and proper. Lions put them right back in their box. (Labeled: "For talkers and pretenders"). >20.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers touring squad: Bjorn Basson, Nizaam Carr, Kurt Coleman, Jan de Klerk, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Dan du Plessis, Robert du Preez, Dewaldt Duvenage, Eben Etzebeth, JC Janse van Rensburg, Oli Kebble, Cheslin Kolbe, Siya Kolisi, Dan Kriel, Dillyn Leyds, Wilco Louw, Frans Malherbe, SP Marais, Bongi Mbonambi, Sikhumbuzo Notshe, Ramone Samuels, Shaun Treeby, Chris van Zyl, Alistair Vermaak, Jano Vermaak, EW Viljoen, Cobus Wiese

Stormers should play all the youngsters and Bulls rejects vs the Saders. We are so far ahead on the logs, any point on tour will be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.