• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

David Wilson (68)
The Bulls are shit. Shitter than shit. Fire the lot. Start with the coach and finish with the reserve jersey washer. Take the best from the Kings and Cheetahs, get a new coach and start again. Send all the current players to the fat farm.

The Stomps are pretenders. As soon as someone takes on and dominates the tight 5 they have nothing.Got bossed by the Lions at home. I would be very worried if I were you. This will be another year of talk for Stomps supporters.

I've been pondering this for a while and havent been able to get to the bottom of it. Why are the Stormers dubbed the Stompies?

dru

David Wilson (68)
Stomps = Stompie = Cigarette Butt = Butt ends.

:)

I had the cigarette butt thing, but why the Stormers to be called "butt ends". Maybe its lost in translation. From Aus, I cant see why Cape Town gets the name not Cheetahs/Sharks/Bulls.

Maybe I'm just slow.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I had the cigarette butt thing, but why the Stormers to be called "butt ends". Maybe its lost in translation. From Aus, I cant see why Cape Town gets the name not Cheetahs/Sharks/Bulls.

Maybe I'm just slow.

Is it because the Stormers play out of Cape Town, the "bottom" of the country?

Reactions: dru

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlanders: 15 Ben Smith (c), 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Matt Faddes, 12 Malakai Fekitoa, 11 Tevita Li, 10 Marty Banks, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Luke Whitelock, 7 Elliot Dixon, 6 Liam Squire, 5 Joe Wheeler, 4 Alex Ainley, 3 Siate Tokolahi, 2 Liam Coltman, 1 Daniel Lienert-Brown
Replacements: 16, Greg Pleasants-Tate 17, Aki Seiuli 18, Siosuia Halanukonuka 19, Tom Franklin 20, Gareth Evans 21, Josh Renton 22, Teihorangi Walden 23, Sio Tomkinson

Sunwolves: 15 Kotaro Matsushima, 14 Takaaki Nakazuru, 13 William Tupou, 12 Timothy Lafaele, 11 Yasutaka Sasakura, 10 Yu Tamura, 9 Fumiaki Tanaka, 8 Willie Britz, 7 Yuhimaru Mimura, 6 Edward Quirk (c), 5 Uwe Helu, 4 Sam Wykes, 3 Yasuo Yamaji, 2 Yusuke Niwai, 1 Keita Inagaki
Replacements: 16 Takeshi Kizu, 17 Koki Yamamoto, 18 Heiichiro Ito, 19 Shinya Makabe, 20 Rahboni Warren Vosayaco, 21 Yuki Yatomi, 22 Hayden Cripps, 23 Jamie-Jerry Taulagi

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Travis Ismaiel, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Jamba Ulengo, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Hanro Liebenberg, 7 Jannes Kirsten, 6 Nick de Jager, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Jason Jenkins, 3 Jacobie Adriaanse, 2 Adriaan Strauss (c), 1 Pierre Schoeman
Replacements: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Martin Dreyer, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Marnus Schoeman/Jacques Potgieter, 21 Rudy Paige, 22 Tian Schoeman/Francois Brummer, 23 Franco Naude

Cheetahs: 15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 William Small-Smith, 13 Francois Venter (c), 12 Nico Lee, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Niel Marais, 9 Shaun Venter, 8 Henco Venter, 7 Oupa Mohoje, 6 Paul Schoeman, 5 Carl Wegner, 4 Armandt Koster, 3 Johan Coetzee, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 Charles Marais
Replacements: 16 Elandre Huggett, 17 Ox Nche, 18 Tom Botha, 19 Francois Uys, 20 Niell Jordaan, 21 Uzair Cassiem, 22 Tian Meyer, 23 Fred Zeilinga

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)

Maybe I'm just slow.
It's typical Saffa banter - particularly prevalent between the North and South, traditionally the strongest and most successful teams.

Vlou Trille is another name for the Bulle which means flimsy cocks.

Disturbing really that it's a discussion about butts and cocks.

Reactions: dru

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Lions just won after playing below their standard. I suspect, like the Stormers, they were a little off their game after a big win the previous weekend.

A win is a win and good teams win when they play bad; however consistency in performance seems to be an eternal hindrance for South African teams.

EDIT: The Lions will now tour Australia, they would be wise to follow the Jaguares' example in order to keep the Lions tame because this close shave could well propel the Lions to a big performance or two coming up.

dru

David Wilson (68)
It's typical Saffa banter - particularly prevalent between the North and South, traditionally the strongest and most successful teams.

Vlou Trille is another name for the Bulle which means flimsy cocks.

Disturbing really that it's a discussion about butts and cocks.

There is something rogue-ishly attractive about Afrikaans. Had an entertaining discussion with a Durban kayak designer. Our differences in design approach came down to weight. He expected we needed to design for 100kg+ blokes, I am a diminutive 80kg.

After some prompting he defined his slang outburst "K-Dog". (I think we can almost get away with the K word here in Aus). You need an Afrikaans accent and slightly rolled "R's" here.

"Dru, one of those dogs hangs around the shanty towns. All prick and ribs."

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
There is something rogue-ishly attractive about Afrikaans. Had an entertaining discussion with a Durban kayak designer. Our differences in design approach came down to weight. He expected we needed to design for 100kg+ blokes, I am a diminutive 80kg.

After some prompting he defined his slang outburst "K-Dog". (I think we can almost get away with the K word here in Aus). You need an Afrikaans accent and slightly rolled "R's" here.

"Dru, one of those dogs hangs around the shanty towns. All prick and ribs."
Had a good laugh there.

Being even more diminutive than yourself you can imagine the flack I get from time-to-time over here. The Dutch brought the 'giant' genes, I'm 98 percent of German descent (Holtzhausen & Muller - really it seems all Holtzhausen males married Muller wives), one percent French (du Preez) and one percent Dutch (Potgieter) over about 300 years of family tree history in SA as far as I could track it.

Who knows what was before that.

dru

David Wilson (68)
What the hell is it with the Dutch? Honest there isnt one person in Holland shorter than 6'.

Strange thinking those those genes gave us the perfect rugby lock!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
7 hours of rugby about to kick off, first the poor Sunwolves have to go outside in Invercargill and play rugby vs some enraged Highlanders, then its the Cantabs at tinpot new Lancaster Park vs the hopefully shittily-traveling Stormfront then the Chiefs cap it off with a speedbump tricky one in Perth oops perhaps not such a speedbump with furious locals backed into a corner as one ps Shiggins watch countdown has begun........

SHIGGS_zps2zkqxvtg.jpg

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Not entirely sure why the Sunwolves are bothering. Highlanders awarded a try from a pass that clearly went half a meter forward. Time better spent in the pub.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Not entirely sure why the Sunwolves are bothering. Highlanders awarded a try from a pass that clearly went half a meter forward. Time better spent in the pub.

That's a yellow......

TJ in the comm box for Clan v Sunwolves, WTF is up with that? How are we to get a proper dose of CruSadists worship if TJ's stuck in Inver-fuckin-Cargill? Not even Richie's scram-jet powered helo could possibly get him to Tinpot Lancaster Park in time.........

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
haha, first thing I thought when the game started too, TJ banished to Invercargill, a potentially great days rugby viewing off to a fine start. Now I imagine we'll get fat guts sideline Smithy stuck trying to stand up to the stumps to field Sumo's knotty barbed unpredictability ooh, he's caught that one flush in the face.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Cru just carving up the Stormers 36 - 3 at the half 5 tries to zip. Multiphase posession end to end. Skill set remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.