• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah I thought this was going to be a bit closer that that. Don't think the stormers will be pulling out a hurricanes type 2nd half.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Dongtacular
adj. Dreadful beyond the definition of any synonymous word. Literally the worst possible possible adjective that could applied to something.

That's what the Stormers were like.

No pride in the jersey, woeful defensively.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
^^^^^^^
I think you are underestimating how good the Crusaders were in that first half
Yes they were good, but that's the point. The entire world always knew the Crusaders were going to be good so the missed tackles and falling off tackles surely didn't help.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
The Bulls are shit. Shitter than shit. Fire the lot. Start with the coach and finish with the reserve jersey washer. Take the best from the Kings and Cheetahs, get a new coach and start again. Send all the current players to the fat farm.

The Stomps are pretenders. As soon as someone takes on and dominates the tight 5 they have nothing.Got bossed by the Lions at home. I would be very worried if I were you. This will be another year of talk for Stomps supporters.

I really thought the stormers were a contender this year.

But Turns out you're right, stomers were dead after 20 minutes. The sunwolves were in the game longer.

Stormers will go down 3-0 in NZ

zer0

John Thornett (49)
TBF it was the Stormers first match after their flight across the Indian Ocean. Most teams tend be flat on their first outing then get it together, to some degree, for the following match(es). Their performances over the following few matches should give us a better idea of their title credentials.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
TBF it was the Stormers first match after their flight across the Indian Ocean. Most teams tend be flat on their first outing then get it together, to some degree, for the following match(es). Their performances over the following few matches should give us a better idea of their title credentials.
Perhaps.

They should be better than that I reckon. I suppose the effort against the Chiefs and then a brutally physical Lions team may have played a role as well.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The Cru just carving up the Stormers 36 - 3 at the half 5 tries to zip. Multiphase posession end to end. Skill set remarkable.

Goose_Bumps.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
ROUND 10

Highlanders v Stormers
17:35 Fri 28 April*

Chiefs v Sunwolves
17:35 Sat 29 April

Cheetahs v Crusaders
01:15 Sun 30 April

Jaguares v Sharks
05:40 Sun 30 April

*times are AEST

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Correct & corrected. Site I was on musta thought I was still in SEQ....... then again I've cross-checked the games in SA & they're as posted so maybe I just had a brain-fade :)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlanders: Ben Smith (c), Waisake Naholo, Malakai Fekitoa, Rob Thompson, Patrick Osborne, Marty Banks, Aaron Smith, Liam Squire, Dillon Hunt, Gareth Evans, Tom Franklin, Alex Ainley, Siosuia Halanukonuka, Liam Coltman, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Greg Pleasants-Tate, Aki Seiuli, Siate Tokolahi, Joe Wheeler, Jackson Hemopo, Kayne Hammington, Fletcher Smith, Matt Faddes.

Sopoaga still injured, joined by Whitelock (concussion-Iike symptoms) & EDixon (infected knee). Osborne brings up his 50 in Super Rugby.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...t-least-another-week-for-lima-sopoagas-return

EDIT:

Stormers: 15 SP Marais, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 EW Viljoen, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Dillyn Leyds, 10 Robert du Preez, 9 Jano Vermaak, 8 Nizaam Carr, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (c), 5 Jan de Klerk, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Oli Kebble
Replacements: 16 Ramone Samuels, 17 JC Janse van Rensburg, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 Kobus van Dyk, 20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21 Dewaldt Duvenage, 22 Shaun Treeby, 23 Bjorn Basson

Etzebeth also bringing up 50 Super Rugby appearances:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/etzebeth-hits-50-for-stormers/

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlanders v Stormers
Referee Glen Jackson
AR1 Brendon Pickerill
AR2 James Doleman
TMO Aaron Paterson

Chiefs v Sunwolves
Referee Will Houston
AR1 Brendon Pickerill