• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Round 2, 2018 - Rebels V Reds @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Unapologetically my reactions tonight followed an untypically horrible week at work for me..

Bloke, nothing in your response was out of proportion. Just we don't normally expect it from the veritable virtue of calm. :)

It's going to be a long season, hang in there.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
That was actually a brave effort from the Reds tonight. Lose your skipper after 10, and then have another in the bin at a the same time. Tremendous effort not to be totally smashed. Very brave if you ask me.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hell yeah,

Good win

And got Mafis boot signed. Now on the beer

By by Reds fans

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm truly baffled any of you Reds fans expected much from this match.

Lance and Rodda hadn't been a part of pre-season, yet were run ons in the first game of the season.

There was no trial game against a super rugby level team to gauge how we were set.

The coach is unbelievably green, and the support coaches are not exactly blessed with success.

Finally, these are young guys that have very little quality experience around them. They'll lose their shit at the first sign of bother more than once this season.

I'll be astonished if the reds even play well in an away game this season, let alone win one.

Reality, guys. Just expect reality and not fantasy.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The step down in quality from the Blue Highlanders game was just plain embarrassing. Unless the Tahs and Brumbies are massively improved on last year I seriously have to wonder if we can expect to beat a Kiwi team again this year.

Shit even the NZ players were saying it in the post match interviews, 'the New Zealand conference is just such an intense competition....'. Its sad but true.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The step down in quality from the Blue Highlanders game was just plain embarrassing. Unless the Tahs and Brumbies are massively improved on last year I seriously have to wonder if we can expect to beat a Kiwi team again this year.

Shit even the NZ players were saying it in the post match interviews, 'the New Zealand conference is just such an intense competition..'. Its sad but true.
Brumbies will do alright irection

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I didn’t realise how much Genia whinged to the ref about nothing until he played for a team I don’t support.
Heard about it but never believed it until now.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Shit even the NZ players were saying it in the post match interviews, 'the New Zealand conference is just such an intense competition..'. Its sad but true.

Depressing but very true

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)

Blues v highlandes games doesn’t count. It was played indoors....... :)

RugbyBookie

Frank Row (1)
I am so confused as to why JD is kicking goals a Hodge isn’t... JD is sooo inconsistent... must kill it on the training track...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That was frustrating but we’ve only got ourselves to blame. Only thing the ref got wrong was not red carding Tui as well. Higgers call was spot on.
I really liked our defence for the most part tonight. Big improvement from last season but still clearly lots to work on.

We’ve got the bones of a good team there. Need to channel the aggression and sharpen up a lot.

Well done Rebels on a good win. Lots to work on though but that was always going to be the case. Didn’t score a point after 55th minute in a match where you had a 1 man advantage is pretty poor.

Fuck me though, I’ve never liked Cottrell. He was largely inconspicuous tonight but when the Rebs starting pack just manage to get a scrum penalty against a 7 man scrum with the reserve front row on he gets in their face and yells, “youse are fucking shit” over and over. That cemented it for me. That was a real dickhead thing to do.

Reactions: daz

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
As an after thought, some of the vitriol being aimed at Thorn I think is pretty misguided.

He didn’t make Higgers shoulder charge someone’s head. He didn’t make Tui drive Genia into the turf on his head.

Sure, I think the Quade thing is questionable and I’m a bit ticked off over it still but that was not the sort of game you want Quade playing in. That is the exact sort of game that Quade would’ve overplayed his hand in, trying to do too much with the ball. Also the amount of cover tackles that Lance made tonight that Quade would’ve struggled to stop, if he was playing we probably would’ve lost by more.

I get it, that sucked, but as far as blame goes, you’re really picking the low hanging fruit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.