• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Round 2, 2018 - Rebels V Reds @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Samu happy with how it went for the Reds given the red, Coleman sees things for the Rebels to improve on. Perhaps a good indicator of the benchmark the teams’ have set for themselves.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Time for another world wide search I say :)

OK so I see the smiley face and take it at face value.

Still, I AM outraged that QRU dropped the HQ to Brad. Just stupid in 2018. And I am, calmly but determinedly firm about the treatment of Quade. In short - I am no Brad fan.

But for whatever reason our HQ is actually Brad. It's not good, but it's the HQ we've got. There should be NO, absolutely NO calls to remove him in 2018. Whatever the results.

If you want a head on this issue, look at HQ.

In the mean time - a rough baptism for Brad and his language through the game was good. The attitude has real problems. But it has real strengths too. My main concern is the limited strategy thinking. Brad needs a few years to get there. We have the "fortune" to be living through it.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Marto: you cant win. you cant win with your captain off for 71 minutes.
Cheika: Yeah you can.

I'm with Marto, but that right there is a true coaches attitude.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
well it wasn't the best but I'll take it. Feb games in Melbourne are always poor skill no matter who plays. I don't think I have ever seen a good game that early.

Our defense was not coordinated so that could improve.
Kick chase was way better that the fast walk I have seen in the past. Line out was OK when the throw was accurate but I'd put much of that down to sweat and a slippery ball.

Let's wait until the teams settle down into the season more before we cast it all aside.

Go early season optimism!!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I have nothing left but sarcasm and satire.
To be honest I even find it hard to really care.
The reds stole my resilience a long time ago.

Me too, bloke. But what do you do. I played rugby as a kid. I was brought up in Qld. The rest follows and it isn't pretty, but it isn't changing.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
They have not been very good here in early either. Blues won easily last year but then again, who were they playing.

Take your point though. Think they will be the teams to beat again

dru

Tim Horan (67)
They have not been very good here in early either. Blues won easily last year but then again, who were they playing.

Take your point though. Think they will be the teams to beat again

Yeah I agree. But did you see the opening game tonight? I don't think the kiwis are sleeping.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Disappointed about the quality of the match? Just think about the fact that given the quality of Australian Super last year this could well be the only Australian team to win this weekend.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
I saw it. The early Kiwi games always look fantastic compared to ours. I thought the defense was not there yet but attack looked right on. I expect it was a but cooler down there as well so sweat on the ball wouldn't have been the same issue.

All of this is bye the bye though. Given the gap last year I don't see it being bridged this year. As long as we are closer and Rebels make finals ;-p

..... Well a bloke can dream

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well in two hours of 2018 the Rebels have as many wins as we did in 2017. Yes it may not have been pretty and we may have been helped with a red and yellow card, but I will take that. It is a while since last Easter and our last win.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

Hahaha! Tonight I think, uncharacteristically that TOCC holds the outrage cue. ;-)

Unapologetically my reactions tonight followed an untypically horrible week at work for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.