• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SR2023 - NZ Derbies & v Drua/ Moana

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Teams named for Canes/Tribe
Hurricanes
1 Xavier Numia
2 Asafo Aumua
3 Tyrel Lomax
4 James Blackwell
5 Dominic Bird
6 Devan Flanders
7 Du’Plessis Kirifi
8 Ardie Savea ©
9 Cameron Roigard
10 Aidan Morgan
11 Salesi Rayasi
12 Jordie Barrett
13 Peter Umaga-Jensen
14 Julian Savea
15 Josh Moorby
Reserves
16 Dane Coles
17 Tevita Mafileo
18 Pasilio Tosi
19 TK Howden
20 Brayden Iose
21 Peter Lakai
22 Jamie Booth
23 Harry Godfrey
Unavailable for selection: Ruben Love, Caleb Delany, Tyler Laubscher, Reed Prinsep, Justin Sangster, TJ Perenara, Devan Flanders, Brett Cameron, Daniel Sinkinson, Billy Proctor, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Bail

Ouch no Proctor hurts,especially as Sullivan still out!

Gallagher Chiefs team to face the Hurricanes:
1 Aidan Ross (66)
2 Samisoni Taukei'aho (69)
3 George Dyer (13)
4 Brodie Retallick (120)
5 Tupou Vaa'i (35)
6 Pita Gus Sowakula (59)
7 Sam Cane (CC, 142)
8 Luke Jacobson (54)
9 Brad Weber (CC, 115)
10 Damian McKenzie (101)
11 Etene Nanai-Seturo (34)
12 Rameka Poihipi (20)
13 Daniel Rona (3)
14 Emoni Narawa (10)
15 Shaun Stevenson (73)

Reserves:
16 Bradley Slater (43)
17 Ollie Norris (34)
18 John Ryan (6)
19 Naitoa Ah Kuoi (39)
20 Samipeni Finau (23)
21 Cortez Ratima (15)
22 Bryn Gatland (27)
23 Peniasi Malimali (1)

Players not considered due to injury: Angus Ta'avao (season), Anton Lienert-Brown, Quinn Tupaea, Laghlan McWhannell, Atu Moli, Alex Nankivell
That gentlemen is a pretty good Tribe team (bugger)

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Canes taking a risk with only 2 back replacements, PUJ chances of lasting whole game must be a little slim, and although think most of other midfield backs are crocked etc at moment, (I know Juian Savea will move into midfield etc) there must be good chance young Godfrey is going to be running a fair while at 15 (as Moorby will go to wing) and wonder if perhaps Naholo wouldn't of been a better bet than an extra loosie in reserves.
Guess that's why I will be watchibg it on tv and not from coaches box huh?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Rayasi's no-look pass

urgh.gif

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez this is fun. Couldn't aty at club rugby as planned, watched women and colts and then came home!

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Shit that was good, and even as a Canes' man I wasn't pissed , were beaten by a better team. We got the odd good players in these kiwi teams I think.
DMac is looking bloody going ok at 10!

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Chiefs show they are the class of the competition. Able to get the job done even scoring when a man down with a yellow. Sad to see the Canes go down. Looked like a sensational sunny day in Wellington. Perfect for a stroll along Oriental Bay and a few Garage Project beers.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Chiefs show they are the class of the competition. Able to get the job done even scoring when a man down with a yellow. Sad to see the Canes go down. Looked like a sensational sunny day in Wellington. Perfect for a stroll along Oriental Bay and a few Garage Project beers.
I actually said to Mrs we were down for this match last year, and I think I would enjoy being there again, doing exactly as you say!!!!!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
ffs Canes leak 25 unanswered.

Ardie vanished, Jordie rogered stuff up and pea-hearted showpony Rayasi let Dmac run right the hell thru his matador arms en route to trytime. DMac really stepped up in the last half. As did PGS

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bye next week then Brums, albeit at home, with Tribe again, CruSadists & Blues still to play. They should still make the eight but I think 'canes Top-four prospects are fading.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Round 9 & only one game again

Friday 21/04 Chiefs v Drua 17:05 AEST

I don't want to sound like a broken record but the weekend closest to ANZAC Day deserves better than four games.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Yep I didn't know either WOB, but seems you have to get permission to use it. Blues withdrew the tweet.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
No Sam Cane this week, sounds like he's failed an HIA after coming off late last week v 'canes.

Chiefs: Damian McKenzie, Shaun Stevenson, Daniel Rona, Rameka Poihipi, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Bryn Gatland, Cortez Ratima; Pita Gus Sowakula, Kaylum Boshier, Samipeni Finau, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Brodie Retallick (capt), John Ryan, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ollie Norris. Reserves: Tyrone Thompson, Jared Proffit, Solomone Tukuafu, Josh Lord, Tupou Vaa'i, Simon Parker, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Gideon Wrampling.

Fijian Drua: Selestino Ravutaumada, Ilaisa Droasese, Apisalome Vota, Michael Naitokani, Tuidraki Samusamuvodre, Teti Tela, Penia Matawalu; Te Ahiwaru Cirikidaveta, Elia Canakaivata, Joseva Tamani, Leone Rotuisolia, Isoa Nasilasila, Samuela Tawake, Tevita Ikanivere (capt), Haereiti Hetet. Reserves: Mesulame Dolokoto, Livai Natave, Jone Tiko, Chris Minimbi, Rusiate Nasove, Philip Baselala, Kalione Nasoko, Kitione Taliga.

Last edited:

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Drua look to be getting a taste of their own visiting-team-getting-rekt-by-the-local-climate medicine.

Chiefs short kicking game has been great too.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
By geez if you carry on playing despite the rain , you can certainly take advantage. By geez DMac is in a rich vein of form isn't he? And Poihipi at 12 continues to look the part, and Finau is another to look real good!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Wow, that's some serious Melanesian Paremoremo Jailbreak B-ball right there. Imagine if they hadn't gifted Tribe those points right on HT...

Edit: there's some Drua who will know FMG well enough to know how hard it can be to work your way out of that bottom-right corner of the ground (not as bad as it was before they raised the near side of the ground but you can still see the drop looking straight down the ground), hopefully from their POV they've got the tactical kicking game to exploit it. Ouch, that YC ain't helping their cause.

Last edited: