• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SR2023 - NZ Derbies & v Drua/ Moana

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Moana's third try was brilliant but those first two are 100% down to 1. shit kicking with no chase & 2. shit kicking with only one chaser who failed to make a first-up tackle. Gotta go into 10-man mode for a bit or they're gonna get severely embarrassed.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Assumed this was on Saturday so just tuning in now.

My immediate thoughts:

wtf-tom-delonge.gif

giphy.gif

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Scratching around for positives from last night's performance, at least they get next week off to reset & get some more guys (Whitelock & ScoBar at least) back for the trip to Melbourne the week after.

Speaking of Melbourne & that weekend, this is when I believe they should be playing the "Super Round" but I'd call it the ANZAC Round with the five Aus teams taking on the five NZ teams & Drua playing Moana - all three PI nations contributed to the Imperial forces in both World Wars so they deserve to be included.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Roigard has quite the left boot on him. Surely making a strong case for a RWC bolter...
I'm thinking Barkays Fakatava has to be Afterdavids backup.

Shits me blind that the AB's persist with vanilla dogshit like Ennor and Havili in the midfield when Umaga Jensen is playing like this, on attack and defense.

Dane Coles and Hugh Renton Dirty Vids are going to have a massive punch up in the 2nd half

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Shits me blind that the AB's persist with vanilla dogshit like Ennor and Havili in the midfield when Umaga Jensen is playing like this, on attack and defense.

Dallas McLeod also putting his hand up in Havili's absence. Probably needs to develop a kick option or two, though.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well that keeps Canes in 2nd spot. so I happy. I enjoyed the game, that was tough, I bet there a few sore bodies , the 2 packs hammered the shit out of each other, and all the loosies will be extra tired. And backs weren't shrinking violets either. Good stuff.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Only one game in Round 8:

Saturday 15/04 Hurricanes v Chiefs 17:05 AEST
Yep, think this has got makings of a bloody good one to WOB. Hard to see Canes pack (ggod as thay going) getting on top of a freashend up Chiefs mob, but if they can keep away from too many lineouts could be a good fight.
Without knowing the lineups as yet, you would think scrums be reasonably good battle, Chiefs obvioulsy strong lineout, loose forward battle be interesting, 9s fairly even, Chiefs at 10, but midfield out could be bloody interesting.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Kickoff in 'canes v Tribe now 2:35 local as a lighting upgrade won't be completed in time due to high winds last week.

I can imagine @Dan54 frantically working out how to fit that into his busy busy busy schedule...

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Kickoff in 'canes v Tribe now 2:35 local as a lighting upgrade won't be completed in time due to high winds last week.

I can imagine @Dan54 frantically working out how to fit that into his busy busy busy schedule...
You hit nail exactly on head WOB, actually said to Mrs Dan as soon as I read it, may have to just watch first half of Southern Club prems on Saturday and then rip home and watch recorded/delayed version of it (will be about halftime of Canes game. If I sty until end of Club game someone will mention the score! So will still be able to watch Colts/women or someone at 1pm, and first half of Prems!! I still pissed off as it stuffing up my planning, and I miss club game the next week as I have to be in Foxton for a in-laws wedding anniversary thing :mad: :mad: Bastards shoild know rugby season is rugby season!!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ you'd have my sympathy but for the fact that on 29/04 I'll be missing out on Tribe v CruSadists at FMG from a catered box with an open bar on account of it being the wife's 50th :(

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
^ you'd have my sympathy but for the fact that on 29/04 I'll be missing out on Tribe v CruSadists at FMG from a catered box with an open bar on account of it being the wife's 50th :(
Couldn't you take wife, or take her to restaraunt close to park and get a need to visit men's for a couple of hours?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
That must have been a really tough call! ;)

It's my 60th next year which should more-or-less coincide with an Eden Park Bledisloe. Hints will be dropped...

Couldn't you take wife, or take her to restaraunt close to park and get a need to visit men's for a couple of hours?

Nah, we've hired a 200-capacity hall 20 minutes out of town & even if we pack it out I'm pretty sure someone would notice if me & the nephew (who's employer has the box) snuck away. But as above, I'll extract suitable recompense next year (got shouted to a Bledisloe at Suncorp for my 50th so Eden Park shouldn't be too much of a stretch).

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
It's my 60th next year which should more-or-less coincide with an Eden Park Bledisloe. Hints will be dropped...
And hope hints is something real solid!! Waking up every morning talking about it etc?

Yep my 70th next year, so hoping to do trip to Wales etc to catch some rugby. Even club stuff that will be about time when I get older!