• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks v Wallabies, Newlands, September 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
We were told this Wallabies team would play "smart, creative, running rugby".

We're certainly not playing with any intelligence, i.e. not being able to execute the basics well at all.

We play very laterally one game, and kick all our possession away the next.

We kick more under Link then under Deans.

We score in 3s.

Sad days

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Quade Cooper is doing an awful lot of clearing out. I guess that is impressive from him but where are the forwards. If I was a Wallaby fan I would be ropeable right now. SA are not playing particularly well, and this game should be a lot closer than it is, but a lack of effort from no.s 1-8 (Fardy excepted) has let them down.

Your 1st 5 should be cleaning out on short ball plays. Watch Carter he does it quite a bit each game particularly when Nonu takes the ball into contact.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think we did particularly well in the second half. Some really bad calls against the wallabies didn't help. Our bench made a great impact.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well as crap as we played, the Saffers also ran out of juice after knocking the bejesus out of us in the first 20 minutes.

The good news is that the score was not as terrible as it was forecast to be.

If the Saffers play like that next week vs the Darkness at Ellis Park, they will be belted.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Second half was a massive step up but as always, we just drop the fucking ball when we get into an attacking position. 20 minute intervals where we give away a crapload of points and that kills us. I see potential but its just not clicking.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Some initial thoughts.

1. Yet another dismal display from our pack, especially in the first 40. Much better in the last 20.

2. We didn't see enough scrums with Benn Robinson in them, unfortunately. But Alexander was rubbish yet again. 1. Robinson 2. Moore 3. Slipper.

3. Quade was really impressive in defense. Can't remember him being that good before.

4. Genia played much better than White. There was a lot more spark in attack and more purpose off the base of the ruck. Surely he'll start next week.

5. Tomane isn't up to it, but Kurindrani can certainly put a hit on.

6. Handling is utterly atrocious.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think we did particularly well in the second half. Some really bad calls against the wallabies didn't help. Our bench made a great impact.
Irrelevant when you are so shit in the 1st half.
We got flogged in the 1st 20,when just desire should have kept us close.
Test matches are supposed to be give no quarter for 80, we have been seriously substandard for large parts of every game in the RC.

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
The boks should of had 4 cards. We should of had none. That's the truth about the cards.

Quade didn't get one for his intentional knock down so by your logic SA should've had one less too. The other calls were tough but it's certainly not where the game was lost.

Pumped for the decider on the highveld.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.